IGNORED

Sonicorbiter - Spotify Connect Output Mode (beta)

vortecjr

This seems to be the pattern with mine.

I can get mine to work if I switch to another app and then back to Spotify connect.

If Spotify connect has been active, but idle for a while, Spotify seems to have trouble connecting to the microRendu.

I love the app, by the way.

New 1.4 bd sounds good with no burn in yet, but can't get sound from Spotify, finally got Devices to select the uRendu, play bar moves but no sound. S plays on iPad and other uRendu modes all play.  Spotify has been very reliable, have tried reinstalling it.

rogerdn

43 minutes ago, rogerdn said:

New 1.4 bd sounds good with no burn in yet, but can't get sound from Spotify, finally got Devices to select the uRendu, play bar moves but no sound. S plays on iPad and other uRendu modes all play.  Spotify has been very reliable, have tried reinstalling it.

We have this app in beta because of the issues with it. We have been tracking issues on the Sonos forum, on the Roon forum, on competitive hardware, etc. If we have updates to the third party application we use we apply them as quickly as possible and let people know here.    

1 hour ago, vortecjr said:

We have this app in beta because of the issues with it. We have been tracking issues on the Sonos forum, on the Roon forum, on competitive hardware, etc. If we have updates to the third party application we use we apply them as quickly as possible and let people know here.    

Thks, got it, not related to 1.4 I assumed.

rogerdn

On 7/17/2017 at 9:43 AM, R1200CL said:

Just another thaught, if he changed from Spotify to Tidal, he probably would achive better SQ ?

I hope i misunderstood his review, but my understanding is he use Spotify (MP3) for testingen his gear. 

Spotify use Ogg Vorbis. 

2 hours ago, R1200CL said:

Yes I know.  Mine is too.  MP 3 is a pretty dated codec not that I'm a huge fan of Ogg either.  Spotify I'm sure uses it because it doesn't cost them anything in licensing.  But at 320k it isn't too bad.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear all,

I had the pleasure to receive my Sonore Ultrarendu this week. 

The Roon mode works flawless. However, I couldn't make a connection with Spotify. While Spotify sees the Ultrarendu (after some moments), on selecting this option in Spotify the connection can not be established, with eventually Spotify reverting to its local or previous output option. I tried this both from my Mac and from my phone, both obviously connected on the same wifi network. Rebooting the Ultrarendu (and, for the record, also my Mac) didn't solve this issue, and I obviously have a Spotify premium account.

The single-line reply from Sonore so far has been to update the unit and check that I have a Spotify premium account. You can imagine that this wasn't very helpful...Unnecessarily re-updated my unit anyway (as it already was at its latest 2.5 version), didn't make a difference.

Any other good suggestions?

best regards,

Rodrigo

11 hours ago, Rodrigo Salgado said:

Dear all,

I had the pleasure to receive my Sonore Ultrarendu this week. 

The Roon mode works flawless. However, I couldn't make a connection with Spotify. While Spotify sees the Ultrarendu (after some moments), on selecting this option in Spotify the connection can not be established, with eventually Spotify reverting to its local or previous output option. I tried this both from my Mac and from my phone, both obviously connected on the same wifi network. Rebooting the Ultrarendu (and, for the record, also my Mac) didn't solve this issue, and I obviously have a Spotify premium account.

The single-line reply from Sonore so far has been to update the unit and check that I have a Spotify premium account. You can imagine that this wasn't very helpful...Unnecessarily re-updated my unit anyway (as it already was at its latest 2.5 version), didn't make a difference.

Any other good suggestions?

best regards,

Rodrigo

I had a very similar experience when I installed mu ultraRendu.  I did an update, rebooted, then deleted the Spotify app from the uR and reinstalled.  And maybe another reboot.  Eventually it connected and its been stable since.

SonicTransporter i9 > EtherRegen (optical out) > LUMIN P1 > LUMIN Amp > YG Kipod Signature Passive speakers.

• 2 weeks later...

Have not posted for a few weeks but pleased to say that the Spotify app has been ok, not as snappy as at first but functioning.

Have installed latest update and can report that all is currently working well.

Would appreciate a description of the updates i.e.. we have done this to improve that, just to keep track.

Main thing is, although I can't put my finger on why, system keeps sounding better, hearing more detail each listen .

Thanks all

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if anyone can help me figure out why I can't access Spotify through the Microrendu. I have a  Spotify Premium account and was able to connect and play Spotify through the Microrendu the first couple of times I tried. That was months ago. 

Now, when I select Spotify Connect in the Sonicorbiter Audio App Switcher, Spotify Connect will initially show "Active" in green and  in Spotify on my iPad I can see the Microrendu listed under Devices Available. When I select Microrendu it will show "connecting" but it never does. This has been going for months, I've restarted, re powered up, switched back and forth, etc. but nothing I've done has allowed me to connect.  

By the way, in the Sonicorbiter Audio App Switcher the "Spotify Connect" button that showed active in green will show "unknown" in grey after I try to connect to Microrendu.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.