IGNORED

Pandora Premium Now Available

Hi Guys - Pandora Premium is now available without an invitation. It's still lossy, but may be better than the other lossy services due to Pandora's really cool gnome project.

https://techcrunch.com/2017/04/18/pandora-premium-opens-to-all-invites-no-longer-needed/

Also, look for high resolution from Pandora in the future - http://www.billboard.com/biz/articles/7647490/all-three-major-labels-pandora-and-riaa-announce-support-for-hi-res-audio

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Interesting in the sense Pandora has such a broad base of users that already pay something. Would not be a big deal for those already using Pandora Plus (or whatever its called) as it already is $5 i believe.  Seeing as they are embedded in so many A/V receivers, streamers (ie. Sonos, etc) and folks are already paying the $5 premium its not a big leap to pay $5 more. It could catch on. 

David

Curious to know if this will be on-demand in the "I want to play this album" kind of way like other services in addition to their radio-style play. I know they acquired Rdio not long ago so maybe they're moving in that direction. Also, anyone know what bit rate the Premium tier is streaming at? 192? I've always enjoyed Pandora for music discovery.

4 minutes ago, Melvin said:

Curious to know if this will be on-demand in the "I want to play this album" kind of way like other services in addition to their radio-style play. I know they acquired Rdio not long ago so maybe they're moving in that direction. Also, anyone know what bit rate the Premium tier is streaming at? 192? I've always enjoyed Pandora for music discovery.

Yes, Pandora now has on demand at I believe 320 Kbps. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Well, I just signed up for a 60 day trial. It's a mobile-only service right now so I'll be using either my iPhone or iPad to stream via bluetooth to my Wyred 4 Sound bLINK. The bLINK is connected to the Bifrost via optical. The few songs I've listened to so far sound pretty good!

@The Computer Audiophile  Chris thanks for the info. Pandora was my first streaming service and I still have a subscription that I guess i have been paying for since 2008(with all my stations artists everything)! I think that was even before I found CA. I then migrated to MOG(sigh) then TIDAL and Qobuz.

I purchased the new premium class which sounds pretty decent is it really 320kbps? and is that only on my iPhone/Pad(sound is really good in my car,do you think it will be even better with a AQ DF RED?-What do you think I get on my mac mini <320kbps? My ME2 shows all 3 white lights and the SQ/separation/detail is really good through my AVR and really really good with my RS-195s. Thanks again I hadn't given Pandora a passing thought until yesterday.The only disappointment is no desktop app or icon.

bobbmd

47 minutes ago, realhifi said:

Has anyone used this on anything other than mobile dvices?

Also, any news on dates of when they might go cd resolution?

While Pandora is still available in all of it's forms, the Premium features are mobile phone only except for Chromecast. From their press release:

Existing Pandora Plus subscribers will enjoy six months of Premium for no additional charge. Trial lengths for existing Pandora ad-supported listeners and those new to Pandora vary. Premium is available now on iOS and Android phones, Google Chromecast, and integrated in the car with Android Auto, Apple CarPlay, GM, Honda, Hyundai, JVC Kenwood, Mazda, Pioneer and Subaru. It will be available on other platforms, including desktop and popular connected devices, in the coming months.