IGNORED

Mac OS Sierra and TAD CD/DAC D1000MK2?

Hi,

does anyone have any experience in connection a Mac Powerbook with Mac OS Sierra (latest version 10.12.4) to a TAD-D1000MK2 through USB? According to the user manual (which seem a bit dated since only Mac OS 10.8, 10.7 and 10.6 are mentioned...), the needed software drivers should be downloaded/installed automatically when connecting the Mac to the DAC, but nothing happens and I can't see the DAC as a selectable Audio Output device in the sound system preferences. 

Any ideas? :(

CD/SACD: Krell Evolution 505, Vinyl: Spiral Groove 1.2/Spiral Groove Centroid/Clearaudio Stradivari V2, Phono Stage: Audio Reseach Reference Phono 2, Music Servers/Streamers: Aurender S10/Intel Nuc with Roon Rock, DAC: PS Audio Direct Stream DAC w. Bridge II, Preamp: Audio Reseach Reference 5 SE, Poweramp: Audio Research Reference 75, Speakers: Wilson Audio Sophia II

After reading the review of the Audio Research DAC9, I was thinking if the TAD might be using the same crappy USB-interface from RigiSystems with limitations for Mac and non-support for Linux!?

CD/SACD: Krell Evolution 505, Vinyl: Spiral Groove 1.2/Spiral Groove Centroid/Clearaudio Stradivari V2, Phono Stage: Audio Reseach Reference Phono 2, Music Servers/Streamers: Aurender S10/Intel Nuc with Roon Rock, DAC: PS Audio Direct Stream DAC w. Bridge II, Preamp: Audio Reseach Reference 5 SE, Poweramp: Audio Research Reference 75, Speakers: Wilson Audio Sophia II

Thanks - it looks like SIP (System Integrity Protection) is what's preventing the drivers to install. Still, I find it very odd to have the drivers stored in the DAC for download when a mac is connected. It might be plug/play for some people, but it makes it really hard to update the drivers in the DAC - especially in the case of my TAD-dac that doesn't seem to have a simple way of doing a firmware upgrade.

Just to have something to compare with, I downloaded and installed the windows driver for the same TAD-dac and they had version 1.0.0.0 and were from 2011... 9_9