IGNORED

HQPlayer Settings

Aloha,

Bought some new Sonus Faber speakers, thus am revisiting the software angle in the new environment.

Amarra 4 - quirks and all - sounds fantastic.  The HQPlayer trial, right out the box, doesn't sound nearly as good.  I don't know enough about sound technicalities to make sense of the enumerable settings HQP offers.  Its such a well thought of player on these forums, I'd like to give it a fair shake.

Could anyone please share some HQP setting formulas for a nice, full - even vinyl like sound?

Much appreciated!

For PCM upsample to maximum input your DAC takes with "Auto rate family" checked, use poly-sinc-shrt or poly-sinc-shrt-mp and NS4/NS5/NS9 noise-shaping.

Have a look in the manual.

I can't help you with DSD.

R

"Science draws the wave, poetry fills it with water" Teixeira de Pascoaes

HQPlayer Desktop / Mac mini → Intona 7054 → RME ADI-2 DAC FS (DSD256)

For DSD playback try the XTR 2 s filters, I prefer the MP version.  That will probably get you closest to vinyl.  Ups ample to the rate your CPU will handle, DSD512 preferred if your CPU or GPU can handle.  you can play with the modulator, most use the 512 modulator if up sampling to 512.  Set bit rate to the max your dac can handle.  Then depending on dac you can check automate family if it supports 48Kx512.  Then if you have a good GPU you can check cuda offload.  Also grey box the multi core DSP box.  Then on the main HQP screen make sure the dialog box under the round volume knob is set to SDM for DSD payback.  Also set HQP volume to -3 or -4DB to avoid digital clippings.

On 4/15/2017 at 4:06 PM, DancingSea said:

Aloha,

Bought some new Sonus Faber speakers, thus am revisiting the software angle in the new environment.

Amarra 4 - quirks and all - sounds fantastic.  The HQPlayer trial, right out the box, doesn't sound nearly as good.  I don't know enough about sound technicalities to make sense of the enumerable settings HQP offers.  Its such a well thought of player on these forums, I'd like to give it a fair shake.

Could anyone please share some HQP setting formulas for a nice, full - even vinyl like sound?

Much appreciated!

Your server and dac specs would help

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

On 17/04/2017 at 11:08 PM, juanitox said:

owners of T+A  dac8 DSD for relaxing sounding please try  minringFIR ASDM5  combo ,

for me it's the magic ticket , you can thank me later :)

Will give it a go!

Roon / JRiver with Audiolense XO -> Chord Hugo TT2 -> Cyrus Mono x200 Signatures -> Audiovector Si3 Avantgarde Arretes