IGNORED

I just bought a Bose product and really like it, does this get me banned?

• 3 weeks later...

I have the QC15, fantastic open clear sound better than all others I tried except the B&O Play - which was as clear but not so much bass.

One thing I realised is that the noise cancellation improves the music, until you shut out the noise you don't realise how all the little noises you got used to interfere with the music. 

I heard the QC25 was a step down due to a one-note bass but I can't say I've tried them, but the QC15 certainly does all I'd wish and it by far the clearest headphone I've found.

So yes, for the QC headphone Bose scores, big time.

Battling the Loudness War with the SeeDeClip4 multi-user, decompressing, declipping streaming Music Server.

17 minutes ago, CuteStudio said:

I have the QC15, fantastic open clear sound better than all others I tried except the B&O Play - which was as clear but not so much bass.

One thing I realised is that the noise cancellation improves the music, until you shut out the noise you don't realise how all the little noises you got used to interfere with the music. 

I heard the QC25 was a step down due to a one-note bass but I can't say I've tried them, but the QC15 certainly does all I'd wish and it by far the clearest headphone I've found.

So yes, for the QC headphone Bose scores, big time.

The QC35 will perform very well - even better than the QC15.  I've had both.

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Musicophile said:

FYI, Bose just released a firmware update that allows (via the companion app) to control the level of noise cancelling, from high (regular) to low (e.g. only wind noises) to off.

Works quite well.

That's interesting.  My QC35 was terrible in moderate (15-20 mph) wind, with maximum noise canceling on.

1 hour ago, dalethorn said:

That's interesting.  My QC35 was terrible in moderate (15-20 mph) wind, with maximum noise canceling on.

The new firmware specifically mentions windy conditions:

https://community.bose.com/t5/Wireless-Headphones/QC35-Firmware-Update-V1-3-2-Available-June-22nd/td-p/56833

On ‎4‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 11:37 AM, Musicophile said:

As I'll switch to an IPhone 7 soon and Inspired by the Travel Headphone thread I just bought a pair of Bose QC35, to get bluetooth capability. 

I compared them in store to the Sony and Sennheiser noise canceling headphones in the same price range, and the noise cancelling technology was so much better, I went for Bose. 

Which Sony? The MDR-1000x is pretty good. I also like the sound a little better. Plus it doesn't get me banned from this forum.

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

4 hours ago, miguelito said:

Which Sony? The MDR-1000x is pretty good. I also like the sound a little better. Plus it doesn't get me banned from this forum.

Yep, that one. I wasn't fully convinced sound wise. The Bose clearly has a "manufactured" sound but I still preferred it to the Sony. Maybe it was just the better NC in the noisy store. 

12 hours ago, Musicophile said:

Yep, that one. I wasn't fully convinced sound wise. The Bose clearly has a "manufactured" sound but I still preferred it to the Sony. Maybe it was just the better NC in the noisy store. 

Pretty hard to compare these two at a store in a few minutes, frankly! :) Regardless, I think they are more alike than different.

Also, I have another reason to prefer the Sony: I have a Sony ZX2, which has LDAC - a high resolution bluetooth implementation. So for me in particular the Sony is a better fit.

Now go back to discussing music because your equipment credentials have been revoked! ;)

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

4 hours ago, miguelito said:

Pretty hard to compare these two at a store in a few minutes, frankly! :) Regardless, I think they are more alike than different.

Also, I have another reason to prefer the Sony: I have a Sony ZX2, which has LDAC - a high resolution bluetooth implementation. So for me in particular the Sony is a better fit.

Now go back to discussing music because your equipment credentials have been revoked! ;)

Agree, I didn't do a very scientific comparison, and obviously not A/B blind. 

Doesn't matter, I'm very happy with my choice, in fact wearing them right now while traveling. 

Plus, at that particular shop the Boses were around $70 cheaper. 

Agree, back to music now. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Must admit I'm not a great fan of Bose, in my experience JBL make some better stuff if we're comparing big US companies, but the QC15 I found quite exceptional.

B&O make some good headphones too, although compared to the Bose the music kept getting disturbed by background sounds LOL, but some B&O kit leaves me cold too.

Cables and the dissing of 16/44.1 appear to be the most controversial HiFi subjects in my experience.. there's a hard core anti-Bose CD (no upsampling) listening people with expensive cables out there to get the unwary traveller... :)

Battling the Loudness War with the SeeDeClip4 multi-user, decompressing, declipping streaming Music Server.