IGNORED

Audirvana + Remote Connection Problems

mevdinc

@damien78 and others,

I've been having problems connecting to Audirvana + running on my macmini (both versions 2 and 3 behaviour the same).
Sometime it works flawlessly and yet sometimes Audirvana Remote running on my iPhone 6+ just fails to connect. I exit the app, restart it but nothing helps. And yet, for no apparent reason it eventually connects but after while it disconnects again and fails to connect.

I've read a few times in the past people having similar problems but didn't see any solution(s).
Is there anything I can do on macmini and/or iPhone that could help the connection problems?
BTW, with my wife's iPad 2 I connect every time with no problems, and also using my MAcBook Air with screenshare no problems at all.

I'd be grateful for any tips/hints on iPhone 6+ connection problems.

Thanks in advance.
Best.
Mev

mevdinc.com (My autobiography)
Recently sold my ATC EL 150 Actives!

3 hours ago, mevdinc said:

@damien78 and others,

I've been having problems connecting to Audirvana + running on my macmini (both versions 2 and 3 behaviour the same).
Sometime it works flawlessly and yet sometimes Audirvana Remote running on my iPhone 6+ just fails to connect. I exit the app, restart it but nothing helps. And yet, for no apparent reason it eventually connects but after while it disconnects again and fails to connect.

I've read a few times in the past people having similar problems but didn't see any solution(s).
Is there anything I can do on macmini and/or iPhone that could help the connection problems?
BTW, with my wife's iPad 2 I connect every time with no problems, and also using my MAcBook Air with screenshare no problems at all.

Thanks in advance.
Best.
Mev

Try deleting that iphone app by clicking on it a couple of seconds to see it shaking with an X on it, then delete A+ Remote. Then go to the app store... on the update button, then on top... maybe "bought item" in english and reinstall it.

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

5 hours ago, RunHomeSlow said:

Try deleting that iphone app by clicking on it a couple of seconds to see it shaking with an X on it, then delete A+ Remote. Then go to the app store... on the update button, then on top... maybe "bought item" in english and reinstall it.

Thanks for that but unfortunately deleted the app a few times in the past with the hope that it would solve my connection problems but it didn't help.
Like I said it connects sometimes but more often than not it doesn't!

For years, the A+ Remote app was useless for me, even though I thought my internet line was good.  It was always losing connection and none of the recommended fixes cured it.  I gave up with it.

Just recently I bought a new Omni router for my home and everything now works like a charm.  In my experience, the app is super-sensitive to having a very strong internet speed.

Tidal / Qobuz--> Roon--> Fios Gigabit--> Netgear Prosafe GS105 --> Supra 8-->EtherRegen --> Fiber--> opticalRendu / CI Audio LPS --> Curious Evolved Link --> Chord Qutest--> AQ Water --> Belles Aria Integrated--> AQ Robin Hood--> Kudos Super 20's

On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 4:56 AM, mevdinc said:

@damien78 and others,

Thanks in advance.
Best.
Mev

Are you talking about something that isn't resolved by going out to the "Trying to connect to: [computer name] Select a Mac" screen of the remote and selecting your computer?

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

2 hours ago, Jud said:

Are you talking about something that isn't resolved by going out to the "Trying to connect to: [computer name] Select a Mac" screen of the remote and selecting your computer?

Yes, sometimes the remote app just sits there on waiting to connect screen. I quit and restart the app but that doesn't help either.
No problems connecting with the iPad or via Screen sharing with my laptop.
Thanks.

2 minutes ago, mevdinc said:

Yes, sometimes the remote app just sits there on waiting to connect screen. I quit and restart the app but that doesn't help either.
No problems connecting with the iPad or via Screen sharing with my laptop.
Thanks.

Well don't thank me yet, because that only means I don't know what to suggest to help you (other than to see whether you can tell if your iPhone's network connection is any worse than the iPad's).  Sorry.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

7 hours ago, Jud said:

Well don't thank me yet, because that only means I don't know what to suggest to help you (other than to see whether you can tell if your iPhone's network connection is any worse than the iPad's).  Sorry.

LoL. Just thanked you for trying to help me.
I will just use screen share.

3 minutes ago, macdaddysinfo said:

Might this be an issue with the most recent update..? I am now having the problem, too. But before this point, I had no issues...

I can confirm that I've always had this iPhone 6 + connection problem with all versions of Audirvana+
The real annoying thing about it is that it happens every now and then. It works most times but when it doesn't it just sits there waiting on "trying to connect" screen. Even quitting and restarting app doesn't help when the problem occurs.

A quick update on Audirvana + remote app connection problem:

Yesterday I bought an iPhone 7+ and the remote app seems to connect/work flawlessly!
Maybe it's an iPhone 6+ problem (probably very unlikely) or some setting(s) caused on my iPhone 6+ caused problems sometimes.

Anyway, no connection problems with iPhone 7+ so far.
@damien78 may also find this info useful.

• 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, szczemirek said:

Sorted ;)

How did you sort it? 

As someone who has also had the same issue, i.e. the A+Remote app on my iPhone &ipad looking for a connection but failing to find one, even with a strong wireless set up, I'd be very interested to get a stable long term solution.

7 hours ago, alfamatt said:

How did you sort it? 

As someone who has also had the same issue, i.e. the A+Remote app on my iPhone &ipad looking for a connection but failing to find one, even with a strong wireless set up, I'd be very interested to get a stable long term solution.

So simple ;) Bluetooth connection MUST be properly configured. This is all. :D

55 minutes ago, alfamatt said:

I always thought it worked on a wireless network basis, not Bluetooth.

I'll certainly keep an eye on the Bluetooth status next time I get issues.

Thanks for the tip.

My Bluetooth is off and my Wi-Fi is also off on my MacMini for music

and my A+ remote is always working with my iPhone SE...

i have Ethernet connected on MacMini... 

Edit... yes Wifi is on, on the iPhone :)

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13