IGNORED

Twenty Thousand Hertz

Here's an interesting podcast about sound, called Twenty Thousand Hertz (or 20kHz). One interesting episode is about the conversion from analog to digital.

https://www.20k.org/

"Did we lose anything when we transitioned from analog to digital? Learn about the Jedi skills old radio DJs had to have to spin vinyl on the radio, and meet a man who’s found himself trapped in a digital world and learn what he does to escape. Featuring Rick Adams and Craig Crane. "

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

I took the "alive" as a bit of hyperbole as well as a comment about the level of involvement (activity) involved in actually playing vinyl. (At least I hope it wasn't serious :D.)

I do love my old vinyl, and there are ways (not the activity!) where I prefer it to computer files. Even so, I'm not giving up the huge convenience of my laptop linked to the stereo.

Just as while at times I prefer a manual transmission for the connection to the activity of driving, my new Porsche has been ordered with an automatic for both the convenience and improved performance.

Greg

17 hours ago, firedog said:

My only issue is when they try to say that somehow their personal preferences make vinyl "superior". 

Me seems, here mainly division need between "superior" impression and technical features.

For me old cars are "superior", but new cars have objectivelly better safety, motors, steering, light, etc.

AuI ConverteR 48x44 - HD audio converter/optimizer for DAC of high resolution files

ISO, DSF, DFF (1-bit/D64/128/256/512/1024), wav, flac, aiff, alac,  safe CD ripper to PCM/DSF,

Seamless Album Conversion, AIFF, WAV, FLAC, DSF metadata editor, Mac & Windows
Offline conversion save energy and nature