IGNORED

Light Harmonic (LH Labs). Scam? USD$6 million not delivered since 2014

Message added by The Computer Audiophile

All those who contributed to the spreadsheet of losses - please check your email and Spam for email from: [email protected].

The deadline is Jan. 3rd to confirm that you will "join the complaint". To join you need to read the email and attachments and send back one document.

Happy New Year!

Thanks for your contribution, Samuel. I agree with the fact that they have a flawed business model. Their main flaw is being an unethical firm. Those who are funding their new projects or are buying their existing products ought to know that they are buying from an unethical business.

On 4/4/2017 at 11:16 AM, bernardperu said:

Hi Everyone,

I gave LH Labs over USD$8,000 of my money 2.5 years ago and they keep asking me to be patient. They have not delivered the items I purchased. I feel ripped off.

Anyone else with a similar experience? I even talked to the owner Larry Ho who also asked me to be patient. When I sent the payments I was told that products would take no longer than 1 year. It is my guess that they are using everyone's money to bankroll their new products and pay for advertisement. 

Please share your review of LH Labs if you had a similar experience.

Thanks!

Have you asked for a refund? 

4 hours ago, eganz said:

Have you asked for a refund? 

I have (though I've contributed nowhere near the amount Bernard unfortunately has).  Twice.  No go.  Legally they can keep it.  That's the rub of Kickstarter, Indiegogo, etc.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Bernard I'm dealing with a similar issue. I sent some equipment to a company in Cypress to sell for me after doing some business with them. ( Cosmosound Technologies ) After an extended period of time they sold the pieces for $8400 but refuse to send me the money. I contacted the police in Cypress who told me via email to file a complaint with my local police department and they will forward the complaint to them. I did this about a month ago. So far I've not heard anything. 

• 9 months later...

I am in the same boat.

I gave more than $1k to LH Labs Geek Source, and after 3 years, they just can not deliver the product. Two years ago, they even send me an email and ask me to upgrade the components on the Geek Source if I want. But I refused it.

I just wondering the possibility about the entire project is a fraud.  

On 2017-04-05 at 1:42 PM, bernardperu said:

Avta, I wish I could file a police report! Since I leave in South America, that would be pretty complicated for me.

Eganz, I have asked for a partial refund. I told LH Labs that I would settle for an 80% refund. I received no answer.

As of now, I am planning to start a Facebook Page where I can gather complaints about this company (online marketing is my field of expertise). Hopefully, they (Larry Ho, the owner) will honor their clients' money if they see that their reputation may be damaged.

Go for it!

On 4/5/2017 at 10:42 AM, bernardperu said:

Avta, I wish I could file a police report! Since I leave in South America, that would be pretty complicated for me.

Eganz, I have asked for a partial refund. I told LH Labs that I would settle for an 80% refund. I received no answer.

As of now, I am planning to start a Facebook Page where I can gather complaints about this company (online marketing is my field of expertise). Hopefully, they (Larry Ho, the owner) will honor their clients' money if they see that their reputation may be damaged.

Hi, bernardperu

Please share the Facebook page with me, I will definitely join the campaign!

Thanks for your support! For all of those who are interested on this case, here is some data on the LH Labs fisco:

We should observe the following facts:

1) LH Labs has raised approximately 6 million US. dollars.
2) LH Labs refuses to provide deadlines of delivery.
3) LH Labs refuses to provide refunds (even to those who would settle just for a portion of their initial investment).
4) LH Labs refuses to provide updates on % of delivered items for all products (5-8 in total), except for the Pulse which they claim has a 94% successful delivery rate. 
5) Most backers have not received their items and most items have not been delivered.
6) Larry Ho seems to be the Director of the company that has his initials (what a coincidence!). 
7) We are unaware of how this company is actually formed and they refuse to provide data on their actual structure. The owner of LH Labs corporation is Yuan He (who is this person who is legally responsible for all this fiasco?) 
8) Larry Ho aims on staying in the audio industry. 

I really feel we backers are lost and we do not have any clear clues on whether our items will be ever delivered or not.

Anyone has any more facts to add?

By the way, I am hoping this case will make it to the Federal Authorities. 

30 minutes ago, bernardperu said:

Thanks for your support! For all of those who are interested on this case, here is some data on the LH Labs fisco:

We should observe the following facts:

1) LH Labs has raised approximately 6 million US. dollars.
2) LH Labs refuses to provide deadlines of delivery.
3) LH Labs refuses to provide refunds (even to those who would settle just for a portion of their initial investment).
4) LH Labs refuses to provide updates on % of delivered items for all products (5-8 in total), except for the Pulse which they claim has a 94% successful delivery rate. 
5) Most backers have not received their items and most items have not been delivered.
6) Larry Ho seems to be the Director of the company that has his initials (what a coincidence!). 
7) We are unaware of how this company is actually formed and they refuse to provide data on their actual structure. The owner of LH Labs corporation is Yuan He (who is this person who is legally responsible for all this fiasco?) 
8) Larry Ho aims on staying in the audio industry. 

I really feel we backers are lost and we do not have any clear clues on whether our items will be ever delivered or not.

Anyone has any more facts to add?

By the way, I am hoping this case will make it to the Federal Authorities. 

5. I received every single thing I funded (two Pulses, 2 split USB cables, LPS power supply, other various peripherals)

6. LH is not a coincidence, of course

7. Yuan He is Larry's Chinese name (e.g., Yuan He = Larry Ho)

I'm as disappointed as everyone else about this fiasco, but wanted to contribute some facts.

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

Some comments:

I should add #8 Geek Pulse, Wave and Vi Dac raised 30 times more money than they officially needed to fund the project as anyone can see on their Indiegogo campaigns (IMO, I believe this was a scheme from the very start. They have 30 times more funding money than they claimed they needed). 

@kelvinswy  A lawsuit is too expensive and they know it. I believe a unified front to give Larry Ho Labs: 1) bad publicity and 2) trouble with Federal Authorities (there is probable cause to believe they committed fraud)  could work a lot better.

@panelhead It is my belief that they got carried out by greed from the very beginning (the #8 point expressed above suggests so). They led us to believe they had everything under control by conducting very sophisticated Indiegogo campaigns. The fact that they were selling very expensive DACs and actually delivering them(30k+) seemed to portray them as a well established firm. If you think about it, it is the perfect high-end audio scheme. On top of that, we audiophiles are not the average angry client who is willing to sacrifice peace of mind to target a malicious vendor-> we need the pece of mind to enjoy music.

Just my two cents.

12 minutes ago, DESIGNonly said:

I reached out with LHLabs to question my order fulfillment. They did not answer my question at all then just closed the ticket.

Does this company is still in business?

Yes, they still are. They seem to be answering at forum threads for Geek Wave, Pulse, and Vi Dac at Head-Fi. Perhaps, we could get them to start answering on this thread.

Larry Ho is the single owner of LH Labs and they are planning to continue doing business and selling audio.

After the fiasco of the last four years I doubt seriously they can sell products. Either a good reputation or no reputation is required to even sell direct. No dealer would touch them. 

It is telling that the direct sales were through Amazon. Guess no audio on line sites were interested.     

I wonder how that went. Did they ship product to buyers from there and not the crowd funded orders?

They helped me. I have a bad opinion of crowd funding now. If some company that sells 30,000.00 dacs was taking orders for a 99.00 dac I would pass. 

2012 Mac Mini, i5 - 2.5 GHz, 16 GB RAM. SSD,  PM/PV software, Focusrite Clarett 4Pre 4 channel interface. Daysequerra M4.0X Broadcast monitor., My_Ref Evolution rev a , Klipsch La Scala II, Blue Sky Sub 12

Clarett used as ADC for vinyl rips.

Corning Optical Thunderbolt cable used to connect computer to 4Pre. Dac fed by iFi iPower and Noise Trapper isolation transformer. 

4 hours ago, bernardperu said:

Yes, they still are. They seem to be answering at forum threads for Geek Wave, Pulse, and Vi Dac at Head-Fi.

I just spent 10 minutes looking at all the related active threads I could find on Head-Fi, and did not see anyone from LH Labs replying.  All that is contained in those threads is a far greater  number of any customers with stories to tell.