IGNORED

Audiophile Optimizer, Undoing changes

Rovo

Hello, I hope somebody can help me with the following problem. I have a two PC setup, one Control PC and one AudioPC. The ControlPC is on Windows 8.1 and only running RoonServer. I had my AudioPC also on Windows 8.1 and only running RoonBridge, but decided to change to Windows Server 2012 R2 to further improve the sound quality by using Audiophile Optimizer. The installation did go OK with only an .INF-file I had to change to get the driver for the network adapter (Intel i217-V) accepted. But after running Audiophile Optimizer at the last part when Windows is doing the changes I get the message "We couldn't complete the features, Undoing changes". Audiophil pointed out that this was a Windows problem, perhaps it could have something to do with a component store corruption. I did run the command to repair this and got the message that the repair was successful. Unfortunately the message "We couldn't complete the features, Undoing changes" remained. Any suggestions on how to solve this? Your help is greatly appreciated.

Yes I did. I followed the AO manual in detail. For the parts applicable to my situation, I did only not update the BIOS to the latest version and I did not turn off the power management for the network adapter (Intel i217-V, the descriptions were unclear so I left them as standard). The only thing I noticed was that the first switch to minimal server mode was done in a matter of seconds (Intel DH87RL plus i4330). This first switch was before running the component store corruption repair. I did run the component store corruption repair in a command line instead of the service tool.

Robert

Hello Robert

yes that it is because of the roon support. This option tries to install a few windows components for you.

i suggest you first do a reset via ServiceTool, then install all available windows updates. It will probably need two to three reboots and new searches after windows updates untill you really have installed them all.

then try again. (Roon-support)

best,

AudioPhil

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

I did a reset back to the GUI. I noticed there that in the device manager there was a yellow exclamation mark for the Intel Management Engine Interface (driver diabled). I tried to fix this, but messed it up a little, so I decided to do a complete clean install with triple checking to install the Windows updates. But, same end result. Again went back to the GUI and did find again the yellow exclamation mark for the Intel Management Engine Interface (disabling the driver must be related to switching modes in AO?). Again check for Windows updates and to my suprise there were some updates (Windows seems to be pulling these out of a high hat). Installed these and ran AO again and yes same end result. In between also did run component store corruption repair.

I hope somebody knows where to look for to solve this, because I am out of ideas.

Robert

Hi

it is a windows issue. Browsing the event logs might show what is causing the error. Then google the event ID's from the errors.

windows has thousands of bugs, its unlikely you are the only one so often you will find some or many with the same issue and also a solution for it.

Best,

AudioPhil

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide