IGNORED

Interesting changes at Qobuz

According to their French Twitter feed they'll be launching a new 'Sublime +' subscription offering 24 bit streaming on all high resolution titles - presumably that's all titles that currently allow streaming, so excluding ECM etc. There's no indication of cost at the moment.  

They'll be offering DSD downloads from late summer. 

Also the service is expanding to include Spain, Italy and Poland. 

Here's a link to a Qobuz blog entry (in French), confirming the arrival of Sublime+ in May, for €349 annually. The price of what used to be 1.5 full price CDs per month, for unlimited access to nearly everything out there in high res.

http://blogsv2.qobuz.com/qobuz-blog-fr/2017/03/31/communique-de-presse/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=CM&utm_campaign=article-conf-presse

Actually, not a bad deal. I'm certainly spending more than that with them now.

The thing is just, I prefer owning the 24 bit masters for albums I really care about (who knows how long the streaming model is sustainable.

They also announce a new version of the mobile apps, as well as the geographic expansion that OneHand already mentioned above.

• 1 month later...
On 31/03/2017 at 7:43 PM, Musicophile said:

Here's a link to a Qobuz blog entry (in French), confirming the arrival of Sublime+ in May, for €349 annually. The price of what used to be 1.5 full price CDs per month, for unlimited access to nearly everything out there in high res.

http://blogsv2.qobuz.com/qobuz-blog-fr/2017/03/31/communique-de-presse/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=CM&utm_campaign=article-conf-presse

Actually, not a bad deal. I'm certainly spending more than that with them now.

The thing is just, I prefer owning the 24 bit masters for albums I really care about (who knows how long the streaming model is sustainable.

They also announce a new version of the mobile apps, as well as the geographic expansion that OneHand already mentioned above.

Sublime+ now available!

Really exiting news :D 

I use Audirvana+ and have access to all (well, nearly all) my purchased albums from Qobuz, through A+.

I see Qobuz has made a Sublime+ test playlist available. How could one get access to this palylist through Audirvana + ??

Cheers

Lars

Mac Mini late 2020 / 16GB RAM / OSX Big Sur; Rockna Wavelight DAC; TDSS Level-3 upgraded NuForce Ref.9 V2 SE power amps; Avalon Eclipse Classic speakers; 2 REL T/9i subwoofers; PS PowerPlant 3.

Analog : SOTA turntable w/ Morch DP-6 tone arm / van den Hul FROG cartridge. Densen RIAA DP02 MC

7 hours ago, Just4fun said:

I use Audirvana+ and have access to all (well, nearly all) my purchased albums from Qobuz, through A+.

I see Qobuz has made a Sublime+ test playlist available. How could one get access to this palylist through Audirvana + ??

Should just be visible in your playlists surely?

19 hours ago, Just4fun said:

qobuz Kopie.jpg

1 hour ago, Musicophile said:

qobuz Kopie.jpg

Thanks, found it, but the tracks appears dimmed in A+, that is : not playable.

So far I have only purchased albums, never had a Qobuz subscription.

Maybe I have to use the free Qobuz HIFI trial for one month offered by Audirvana ?

Cheers

Lars

Mac Mini late 2020 / 16GB RAM / OSX Big Sur; Rockna Wavelight DAC; TDSS Level-3 upgraded NuForce Ref.9 V2 SE power amps; Avalon Eclipse Classic speakers; 2 REL T/9i subwoofers; PS PowerPlant 3.

Analog : SOTA turntable w/ Morch DP-6 tone arm / van den Hul FROG cartridge. Densen RIAA DP02 MC

2 hours ago, Just4fun said:

Thanks, found it, but the tracks appears dimmed in A+, that is : not playable.

So far I have only purchased albums, never had a Qobuz subscription.

Maybe I have to use the free Qobuz HIFI trial for one month offered by Audirvana ?

Probably. 

Agree though it would make sense for Qobuz to make such a promotional playlist accessible for everybody. 

If your interest is mostly classical music, Sublime+ may be disappointing.

I naively upgraded my Sublime account to Sublime+, hoping that the 210 Euro pro-rated price would offer broad access to much more hi-res music. Too many of the smaller innovative labels only allow 16/44--or MPEG--samples, or brief 30 second tastes of the hi-res files they sell, even after the upgrade.  In the past, I had been buying hi-res files after auditioning the lower resolution files.  I almost always buy complete albums--at least 100 albums in the last year. Sublime+ may be a good buy for the popular music customer, but almost a waste of money for me--and my first negative as Qobuz customer.

Qobuz via Aurender N10 > Devialet Expert Pro > Audio Physic Avantera

7 hours ago, Fitz Music said:

If your interest is mostly classical music, Sublime+ may be disappointing.

I naively upgraded my Sublime account to Sublime+, hoping that the 210 Euro pro-rated price would offer broad access to much more hi-res music. Too many of the smaller innovative labels only allow 16/44--or MPEG--samples, or brief 30 second tastes of the hi-res files they sell, even after the upgrade.  In the past, I had been buying hi-res files after auditioning the lower resolution files.  I almost always buy complete albums--at least 100 albums in the last year. Sublime+ may be a good buy for the popular music customer, but almost a waste of money for me--and my first negative as Qobuz customer.

Thanks for the update. I'm toying with the idea of Sublime+ myself.

Could you list which labels restrict access to highres? This is indeed a big disappointment (and not really very transparent by Qobuz).

By no means a compilation, but here's a random list of labels,  as I have encountered them, that do not steam hi-res with Sublime+:

Berlin Classics, Naxos, Chandos, Granola, Grand Piano, Toccata Classics, BIS, Glossa, Oehms, BR-Klassik,

Pentatone, Genuin, Channel Classics.... (This list from idle browsing in Qobuz last weekend.)

On the positive side, it is wonderful to have hi-res streaming from the Big Three and great labels like Harmonia Mundi and Alpha, to name a few. 

Qobuz via Aurender N10 > Devialet Expert Pro > Audio Physic Avantera

By no means a compilation, but here's a random list of labels,  as I have encountered them, that do not steam hi-res with Sublime+:

Berlin Classics, Naxos, Chandos, Granola, Grand Piano, Toccata Classics, BIS, Glossa, Oehms, BR-Klassik,

Pentatone, Genuin, Channel Classics.... (This list from idle browsing in Qobuz last weekend.)

On the positive side, it is wonderful to have hi-res streaming from the Big Three and great labels like Harmonia Mundi and Alpha, to name a few. 

Thanks for this. That's indeed a lot of labels missing. What a pity. 

Pentatone, Genuin, Channel Classics

What a disappointment!  Thanks so much for posting this.  

For labels that do offer 24-bit streaming, do you notice a significant difference streaming in hi-res vs CD quality?  Is the difference similar to what we hear with locally stored files?

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's