IGNORED

Audirvana 3 - Library and GUI

Nico

On 3/31/2017 at 0:55 PM, Moosbrugger said:

I've got two issues with the library interface:

1)  A bunch of entries are not in alphabetical order.  For example, when I'm in "tracks" view and sort by Composer, "Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus" is at the top.  Liszt is in the Cs and I don't know where Chopin is, but he's not in the Cs.

2)  Also, most of my songs have the "Composer" field blank.  But instead of putting these at the end (after "Zilberts, Zavel"), Audirvana is putting these at the beginning, as if the emply Composer field is "AAAA".  As a result, after I sort by Composer, I need to scroll all the way down to get to the first entry with a Composer.  

(I posted these questions on the Audirvana forum, but didn't get a resopnse.)

I figured out my alphabetizing issue.  Under "View Artist List", you can edit how each artist/composer is sorted.  For some reason, "Mozart" was sorted as "Alfred Bendel". An easy fix, once I knew where to look.

On 29. März 2017 at 5:49 PM, Nico said:

I now figured out why A+ want's to make so many changes to my library: It happens when Track# and out of# is not complete.

Solution: Fill both fields or empty both fields. A value in just 1 field is not accepted.

BTW: Has nothing to do with album artist, upper comments I posted yesterday about this are wrong - sorry.

TrackNr..jpg

unwanted changes.jpg

More precise:

A+ 3.0.4 is not satisfied if Track# is empty and out of# is not empty. Then you have the Discard message every time you change track in list view while Track Details window is open.

Same behaviour with Disc# and out of#.

I wish A+ would just read and show tags how they exist in file, nothing more.

MacMini 2018 OS 10.14 | XLD | Yate | iTunes 10.7 | Audirvana 3.5.50 | RME ADI-2 DAC fs | Bryston BHA-1 | Hifiman Arya

On 28. März 2017 at 4:16 PM, Nico said:

@Damien

About the playque of 3.0.3:

Sometimes playing track is not bold

Multiple tracks are all bold, not just the one that's playing

Thanks for fixing

NoneBold.jpg

PQ-Multiple Bold.jpg

A+3.0.5 is out now. Unfortunately these Play Queue issues are not fixed.

MacMini 2018 OS 10.14 | XLD | Yate | iTunes 10.7 | Audirvana 3.5.50 | RME ADI-2 DAC fs | Bryston BHA-1 | Hifiman Arya

• 2 weeks later...
On 5. April 2017 at 10:54 PM, Nico said:

A+ 3.0.4 is out ... unfortunately reported playlist import bug is not fixed :-(

A+ 3.0.6 is out now ... unfortunately reported playlist import bug is still not fixed.

A+ error message is wrong: all 3 tracks are in the library but they just are multiple existing tracks in playlist.

@damien78

3.0.6 Structured Filter Browser: First letter shortcut within filters are no more activ. User has to scroll down the list, which is tedious. (This feature was present in 2.5.4)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

On the topic of Library and GUI. Is anyone else experiencing a of "jumping" in the album window when an album is selected? In other words, see the attached images. First one shows nothing selected, with the albums window scrolled to the top. I select "Amplified Heart" and the track listing appears, scrolling the album out of sight.

There are other variations of the same behavior, but it all comes down to the albums display "jumping around" when selecting albums. Sometimes it works as expected (e.g. you are scrolled down into, say, the middle of the collection), but mostly it scrolls the album out of view or to a different place when closing the tracks display underneath.

Here is a corollary to that issue from the Library view. In the third image, I've collapsed all of the genres, as an example. In the fourth image, I expand one of the accordion panels (Metal). Notice that the accordion panel expands UPWARDS, which is odd from a UI standards view. From a functionality view, if I've selected the wrong one, I have to  scroll up to see the close arrow/glyph.

In general, clicking in the same spot twice should return the UI to the same state/position, where possible. This makes it easier and rapid to explore your collection.

Thanks for all of your great work, @damien78!

Screenshot 2017-06-20 11.39.13.png

Screenshot 2017-06-20 11.39.32.png

Screenshot 2017-06-20 11.43.30.png

Screenshot 2017-06-20 11.47.22.png

"Play the volume as loud as you want - but don't touch my levels now. I got them set just the way I like 'em."

• 3 weeks later...

Hyperlink behavior:

I never use Album view, I always work in list view. But hyperlink of artists forces me to album view.

@Damien, please allow the option for leading to album view or list view. Thanks.

My goal: Hyperlink on artist lists all tracks of this artist (just like itunes can do it)

On 12/05/2017 at 9:48 AM, Nico said:

3.0.6 - Missing very hard: Sort option in track list view of the search window.

Not just track list.

In library mode (i.e. looking at local files)  in Artist mode you get the option to choose the sort criteria - i.e Album Artist then Album Name or Year.  That option isn't carried over if you use the search option so it defaults to Album Artist then alphabetical Album Title.  

The same seems to be true for Tidal, but Qobuz seems to give a random ordering.  It may be that the APIs for the streaming services don't support the Year field.

Alan

• 1 month later...

Does anybody know how to display the playing tracks information on a second monitor or an iPad? With big letters of course.