IGNORED

Audirvana 3 - Library and GUI

Nico

I am A+ User since V. 1, now upgraded to 3.0.3.

Now imported a library which is very well tagged with Yate and now I get the following message every time I change track. How can I stop this issue? This happens without any commands from my side before (just importing lib). In list view, information to the right open.

Discard.jpg

MacMini 2018 OS 10.14 | XLD | Yate | iTunes 10.7 | Audirvana 3.5.50 | RME ADI-2 DAC fs | Bryston BHA-1 | Hifiman Arya

I also use Yate and have never had an issue with A+. Maybe you should install A+ from scratch, removing everything in the ~/Library/Application Support branch - I don't recall off the top of my head where those files sit.

BY EVERYTHING I MEAN ONLY THAT RELATED TO A+!!!!

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

i have that message when i edit a song info and did not do Command S or save it at the bottom first...

If you have that everytime a song change in your playing list, that is annoying  :-)

I'm sure your application is copied in the Applications folder of the MAC?

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

22 minutes ago, RunHomeSlow said:

i have that message when i edit a song info and did not do Command S or save it at the bottom first...

If you have that everytime a song change in your playing list, that is annoying  :-)

I'm sure your application is copied in the Applications folder of the MAC?

Yes, I had an older version of A+ in the app folder. Removing this one did not help, but removing the preference file of A+ did the fix. Thanks for help!

MacMini 2018 OS 10.14 | XLD | Yate | iTunes 10.7 | Audirvana 3.5.50 | RME ADI-2 DAC fs | Bryston BHA-1 | Hifiman Arya

@Damien

About the playque of 3.0.3:

Sometimes playing track is not bold

Multiple tracks are all bold, not just the one that's playing

Thanks for fixing

NoneBold.jpg

PQ-Multiple Bold.jpg

26 minutes ago, Nico said:

Yes, I had an older version of A+ in the app folder. Removing this one did not help, but removing the preference file of A+ did the fix. Thanks for help!

Unfortunately the issue comes back after change of Album-Artist by external Tagging. I suppose the reason is because A+ wants to write his own calculated Album-Artist.

The issue even comes back if I write the values A+ would write.

I wish A+ would just read tags and not try to write unasked.

unwanted changes.jpg

7 minutes ago, Nico said:

Unfortunately the issue comes back after change of Album-Artist by external Tagging. I suppose the reason is because A+ wants to write his own calculated Album-Artist.

The issue even comes back if I write the values A+ would write.

I wish A+ would just read tags and not try to write unasked.

unwanted changes.jpg

change your album artists in the view Menu of A+...

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

51 minutes ago, RunHomeSlow said:

change your album artists in the view Menu of A+...

This tells me that A+ doesn't accept external tagging (?). Never had problems with A+ and Yate until V. 2.6.

Now A+ would like to make changes on my files if TrackNr out of ... is not complete. I have thousends of these :-(

TrackNr..jpg

I now figured out why A+ want's to make so many changes to my library: It happens when Track# and out of# is not complete.

Solution: Fill both fields or empty both fields. A value in just 1 field is not accepted.

BTW: Has nothing to do with album artist, upper comments I posted yesterday about this are wrong - sorry.

TrackNr..jpg

unwanted changes.jpg

Just fixed this for Mavericks.

I can send you a test build in a few minutes (it also contains the updated SysOptimizer).

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

52 minutes ago, damien78 said:

Just fixed this for Mavericks.

I can send you a test build in a few minutes (it also contains the updated SysOptimizer).

Yes please, that would be nice.

Can you try the test build 3.0.3.1 available here ?

It also includes the new SysOptimizer for which you will be requested to reinstall (enter your password).
Can you check it correctly disables TimeMachine and Spotlight, and reenable them when exiting (or one minute after playback has stopped)?

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

@damien78 Music folders display in User Pref. is fixed. Thanks.

SysOptimizer works fine for Spotlight (reenable after 1 Min.)

Time Maschine: I don't no for sure because I don't work with TM. But I can open TM while SysOptimizer in ON.

26 minutes ago, Nico said:

@damien78 Music folders display in User Pref. is fixed. Thanks.

SysOptimizer works fine for Spotlight (reenable after 1 Min.)

Time Maschine: I don't no for sure because I don't work with TM. But I can open TM while SysOptimizer in ON.

Good! Only the background services are disabled, the ones that are triggered by a user interaction (TM manual access or backup start, and Spotlight search) are not as I assume if you do it, it is on purpose.

SysOptimizer: After every re-enable indexing starts all over again for whole Mac (about 12 Min. 100% CPU). Is this a normal behavier?

This should not. Looking on the web, it seems to be a not so rare OSX issue. Maybe this will help you: https://www.macissues.com/2014/07/07/fix-spotlight-continually-re-indexing-your-hard-drive/

1 hour ago, Nico said:

https://www.macissues.com/2014/07/07/fix-spotlight-continually-re-indexing-your-hard-drive/

Thanks Damien

But undortunately had no success with the Terminal commands.

Error: unable to perform operation.  Try as root.  (-1)

As root - how is that done? Anyone knows?

Try using the term "sudo" (without quotes) before your commands.  The first time it will ask for a password.  Enter your password for the Mac.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

I've got two issues with the library interface:

1)  A bunch of entries are not in alphabetical order.  For example, when I'm in "tracks" view and sort by Composer, "Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus" is at the top.  Liszt is in the Cs and I don't know where Chopin is, but he's not in the Cs.

2)  Also, most of my songs have the "Composer" field blank.  But instead of putting these at the end (after "Zilberts, Zavel"), Audirvana is putting these at the beginning, as if the emply Composer field is "AAAA".  As a result, after I sort by Composer, I need to scroll all the way down to get to the first entry with a Composer.  

(I posted these questions on the Audirvana forum, but didn't get a resopnse.)

2 hours ago, Jud said:

Try using the term "sudo" (without quotes) before your commands.  The first time it will ask for a password.  Enter your password for the Mac.

Thanks Jud, the sudo job worked in Terminal, but unfortunately the Spotlight issue is still not resolved. Until a solution works I have to abandon SysOptimizer :-(

Request for PlayQueue

Would be nice to have the choice by User Preference:

1) A+ opens with last (saved) Playqueue (actual behaviour)

2) A+ opens with empty Playqueue (new)

Secound option helps a lot if working with tracks not saved in library (added by drag & drop)

On 2. April 2017 at 0:19 PM, Nico said:

@damien78: Playlist Import Bug in 3.0.3.1

Multiple Tracks in playlists (m3u8) are not imported. Just ONE identical track.

TrippleTracks.jpg

A+ 3.0.4 is out ... unfortunately reported playlist import bug is not fixed :-(