IGNORED

Santana's Lotus: Complete Edition in DSD 11.2 MHz and Surround Sound SACD

I jumped on board an bought the triple SACD version.

Furutech GTX-D, GTX Wall Plate,106-D Cover > NCF Clearline >Custom Computer>J River [Current] > Curious Cable Evolved USB > Chord Hugo MScaler > WAVE Storm Dual BNC> Chord DAVE>DCA Stealth>my ears > audiophile brain

Let us know how it sounds. Would love to hear it in surround :D

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

Unfortunately I won't be able to report back on the surround. I'll have this ripped to file for Stereo (and surround for future use). Instead of downloading releases I try and buy them if available on SACD so I own the disc and if I want can sell it if I don't like it (of course after deleting the file.). Same goes for any other releases. Bought the Allman Brothers extended Fillmore set on Blu-ray instead of the download.

Furutech GTX-D, GTX Wall Plate,106-D Cover > NCF Clearline >Custom Computer>J River [Current] > Curious Cable Evolved USB > Chord Hugo MScaler > WAVE Storm Dual BNC> Chord DAVE>DCA Stealth>my ears > audiophile brain

Oh, I was hoping that this was also available as a download.

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

19 hours ago, bmoura said:

It is available as a Stereo music download in DSD 11.2 MHz, DSD 2.8 MHz and PCM 24/96.

Along with a Surround Sound Hybrid SACD edition.

http://positive-feedback.com/audio-discourse/santana-lotus-complete-edition/

Thank you.

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

On 2017/3/31 at 0:44 PM, bmoura said:

Glad to help.

The next question is which music download sites will be carrying the Lotus: Complete Edition DSD 11.2 MHz and DSD 2.8 MHz downloads on April 19.  No word on that from Sony Japan so far.

I asked Mr. Suzuki, a recording engineer of original and remastering. In his reply posted on his Facebook page, he said "Not determined yet so far though I suppose e-onkyo or mora."

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Solstice380 said:

Only the 5.6 currently sows at mora.jp.   Thanks for the heads up on eOnkyo!  One really has to want it a lot at US$91.  Yikes!  Maybe the 5.6 at US$63 will have to do.  That is about what I paid for the Japanese CDs a few years ago.  

Hmm, when I looked at Mora.Jp they only had the 2.8 MHz on DSD. 

http://mora.jp/package/43000001/4547366308297/

Sony Japan hasn't announced a 5.6 MHz version. How did Mora.Jp get that ?

1 minute ago, bmoura said:

Apolgies!  You are correct, it is 2.8.   

At eOnkyo I got a warning that the 11.2 MHz is not licensed for sale in "my country".  Hmmm.  

15 hours ago, MikeyFresh said:

Mine too, hopefully EMS and the USPS are efficient this time, I have received things from CDJ in the past in as little as 4 days to my mailbox in NY.

Me too on the fast ship. Here's hoping!

On 4/18/2017 at 2:05 PM, bmoura said:

Mora.jp now indicates they will offer the 11.2 MHz version at the end of July, so it looks like e-Onkyo got a 3 month exclusive.

Has anyone managed to get around the region restrictions using a VPN?

Are the region restrictions title specific, or are these Japanese download sites prohibited in general from serving the North American market?

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

On 4/18/2017 at 2:36 PM, KDinsmore said:

Me too on the fast ship. Here's hoping!

Mine has landed at JFK in NY at 12:30am last night.

Now I need a swift pass through customs, and get it on a truck for the local P.O. at which point it might get delivered Friday, but much more likely Saturday if past USPS efficiency/performance is any indicator.

Sometimes it also sits and goes nowhere in U.S. Customs for a day or two or three or four, which unfortunately means delivery next week is also a distinct possibility.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group