IGNORED

YBA A100 Heritage Integrated Amp

The YBA A100 is just a typical Chinese solid-state 100 Wpc Integrated amplifier. I've never heard one, but I've seen them listed before. I think they are a lot of money for what they are. A better Chinese buy would, in my estimation, be the Yaqin MC-100B. It's a tube Integrated amp and is a true dual Mono Design from it's two independent power transformers (one for each channel) on. I've a friend who has one and it sounds superb driving his Quad ESL speakers (newer ones not the old ESL57s). There are several outlets in Canada who buy these in bulk from China and go over each with a fine tooth comb before shipping them to customers in the US and Canada. These dealers offer a warranty, which direct-from-China most sources on E-Bay do not. I just noticed that Amazon sells these too for $999. I would certainly buy a device like this from Amazon rather than risk buying it from overseas. You know Amazon stands behind everything they sell, But these amps are gorgeously built and very impressive looking as well as being impressive sounding. These amps seem to average around US$800 (a low of $699 to a high or $999) and put out 100 Wpc. Also keep in mind the lower priced units do not include shipping from China and that makes the "bargains" not such bargains when you factor-in the shipping cost! I hope this is of some help.

61x8njzYciL._SL1024_.jpg

61ibEzo71ZL._SL1024_.jpg

George

Cool, thanks for the tip.  I'll look into more deeply.  My heart is not set on a Chinese produced amp by any means.  Just seems thats the way of the more entry level components and speakers these days, they're manufactured in Asia.

I have a nearly 20 year old YBA Integre which I dearly love.  Thus I'm into the YBA tube like sound.  Am beginning to plot the next amp step and have become intrigued by the A100 Heritage.  I'm not found of D class amps - tubes or tube like solid state are my preferences.

Any other ideas under $2K?

And it should be noted, that our Macs, iPhones and iPads, etc. are all made in China. The way I figure it is given China's advancement, that there's never been a better time to buy something made in China. 

Thus a reputable audiophile brand made in China doesn't frighten me too much - as long as it delivers the goods ?

I've owned several YBA components over the years.  Top notch stuff no doubt about it.   YBA has been producing outstanding solid state gear forever and it represents very good bang for the buck throughout the range (high to moderate).  I've not heard this particular model, but I highly doubt it is comparable to "typical Chinese solid state" as stated above.  

Aside from my opinions of owning YBA gear in the past, I don't recall reading any bad reviews of anything made by YBA, rather, all reviews have been good, it is just a matter of sonic preferences.

As a side note, I did have an issue with a YBA cd player some years ago with the cd tray which was bumped and caused the tray to become misaligned.  Audio Plus, the distributor, fixed it very quickly at no charge.  

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

On March 22, 2017 at 3:23 PM, DancingSea said:

Anyone heard one of these?  Online reviews sparse.

Thanks.

I have not heard one, but I used to sell YBA equipment, quite happily.  It's not equipment people tend to get rid of.  A tad on the bright side, but very sweet and musical.  If you can buy it with a return policy, I'd give it a go.  The price is very good for a musical integrated amp.  Sorry I can't help further!

On 3/22/2017 at 2:37 PM, gmgraves said:

The YBA A100 is just a typical Chinese solid-state 100 Wpc Integrated amplifier. I've never heard one, but I've seen them listed before. I think they are a lot of money for what they are. A better Chinese buy would, in my estimation, be the Yaqin MC-100B. It's a tube Integrated amp and is a true dual Mono Design from it's two independent power transformers (one for each channel) on. I've a friend who has one and it sounds superb driving his Quad ESL speakers (newer ones not the old ESL57s). There are several outlets in Canada who buy these in bulk from China and go over each with a fine tooth comb before shipping them to customers in the US and Canada. These dealers offer a warranty, which direct-from-China most sources on E-Bay do not. I just noticed that Amazon sells these too for $999. I would certainly buy a device like this from Amazon rather than risk buying it from overseas. You know Amazon stands behind everything they sell, But these amps are gorgeously built and very impressive looking as well as being impressive sounding. These amps seem to average around US$800 (a low of $699 to a high or $999) and put out 100 Wpc. Also keep in mind the lower priced units do not include shipping from China and that makes the "bargains" not such bargains when you factor-in the shipping cost! I hope this is of some help.

61x8njzYciL._SL1024_.jpg

61ibEzo71ZL._SL1024_.jpg

All of this got me investigating Yaqin.  I have an Ah! Tjeob 4000 CD player that has a tube worked into it.  Used to have a YBA CD Player, but sold it in favor of the much less expensive Ah! Tjoeb which sounded much better.  As computer based audio has taken over, I listen to the Ah! Tjeob infrequently, but it always did have better sound in my system than the Mac based stuff.

In researching Yaqin I ran across the YAQIN CD3 6N8P Tube Buffer.  Order it and a pair of Electro-Harmonix 6SN7 EH Vacuum Tubes.  Curious if this inexpensive solution added between my DAC and YBA amp will add some tube magic to the sound.  Have 30 days to give it a whirl, maybe it will even help me make peace with Audirvana.

• 7 months later...

I had a fair bit of experience with hi-fi especially from the early 1990s to 2000s, a few years back shifted to a new place and auditioned a few integrated amps which were fairly new to me since my time with hi-fi stopped in the early 2000s.  Compared YBA and a few brands which are renowned and could not believe in just sound test,  YBAs certainly sounded and goes very well with me....  Speakers used was Avalon Isis or something like that.... Was at first sceptical about being made in China,  had experienced YBA when the designer came to our country decades back and have very good impression.  Decidedly to get it and have not regretted since. It drives with control and authority...