IGNORED

Dirac with Microrendu, SOTM or similar DLNA network player

Is anyone been able to use the software version of Dirac with their Microrendu or similar DLNA network player? If so can you please describe your signal path. What software are you using, Jriver, HQPLayer, Roon etc.

EtherRegen powered by Sonore UltraCap LPS1.2 -> Optical Cable ->OpticalRendu powered by SGC 50w LPS -> Ghent silver plated ->star quad USB (JSSG360)->Denafrips Hermes DDC -> i2S HDMI (Clocked by Terminator Dac via BNC)->Denafrips Terminator II Dac->Linear Tube Audio Preamplifier->Melody 845M Monoblocks -> Silversmith Fidelium Speaker Cables->Pure Audio Project Trio15 Coaxial Open Baffle Speakers->2X SVS 4000 Subwoofers->All connected to PSAudio P10 Power Plant

@sandston -- don't think it's possible to work with the microrendu -- dirac needs to be installed on the renderer which isn't possible on a microrendu.

if you were using a pc as a roon endpoint, then it should work.  you would select dirac as the output device and dirac would send it on to the dac after processing.

definitely possible with jriver -- that's what i do.  i have minimserver on my nas and jriver on a nuc as the renderer. music on the nas is served via minimserver to the nuc. jriver passes the signal to dirac and diract passes it on to my gumby.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100

I have seen threads that mention a Dirac / VST plugin that can be used in Jriver which can then send audio out to the microrendu. This plugin appears to be in Beta but a few select users seem to have gotten their hands on it. Does anyone in the CA community have experience with this? 

EtherRegen powered by Sonore UltraCap LPS1.2 -> Optical Cable ->OpticalRendu powered by SGC 50w LPS -> Ghent silver plated ->star quad USB (JSSG360)->Denafrips Hermes DDC -> i2S HDMI (Clocked by Terminator Dac via BNC)->Denafrips Terminator II Dac->Linear Tube Audio Preamplifier->Melody 845M Monoblocks -> Silversmith Fidelium Speaker Cables->Pure Audio Project Trio15 Coaxial Open Baffle Speakers->2X SVS 4000 Subwoofers->All connected to PSAudio P10 Power Plant

3 hours ago, sandston said:

I have seen threads that mention a Dirac / VST plugin that can be used in Jriver which can then send audio out to the microrendu. This plugin appears to be in Beta but a few select users seem to have gotten their hands on it. Does anyone in the CA community have experience with this? 

i own dirac live, but can't find anything about it anywhere on the dirac website and there's nothing in the download files.

i've seen the vst mentioned on a few forums too but not from anyone associated with dirac.  did you find anything regarding the vst from a credible source?

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100

I have searched far and wide for the .vst plugin. What I gather is its a part of a beta version floating around. Has anyone tried to get Dirac to work with Lynn Soundcast? I fooled around with for awhile. It gets close then crashes on my computer. Seems someone more computer savy could get this to work.

The VST plugin has been mentioned in the current thread , "Any new version expected of Dirac for Windows?" here on CA. I am moving my inquiries over to this thread.