IGNORED

Passive KEF LS50

Amazon has these on sale. My room is 24 X 16, stone floors. Whole glass wall opens up onto the lanai.  Is this size room too large for the mighty LS50's?

Also, I have bi wire cables. Could the bi wire ends be doubled up on the LS50 speaker posts?

Thx

I wouldn't say the room is too large.  You will need plenty of power and a stout power amp to get the best out of it. IMO the LS50 has a lighter-weight sound balance.  That will only be exacerbated by your stone floors and ample glass surfaces.  I would suggest planning on adding at least one decent subwoofer.  That relieves the main speaker of the low end helping the amp and the LS50 too. 

The subwoofers could be something inexpensive and good like Dayton subs.  Or preferably one or more of the Rhythmik subs. 

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

The PSB Imagine T's arrived this morning from Crutchfield.  I took a chance on their "Scratch & Dent" stock.  Each speaker was already on sale for $150/ speaker off.  They took another $150/ speaker off for scratch & dent - for a total of $600 off for the pair.  What arrived is in perfect, like new condition - no scratches or dents.  May have been their in house demo pair?

The KEF LS50's will be a few weeks, looking forward to hearing both of these budget, high performance offerings.

The Imagine T's are very beautiful, will hook 'em up later.