IGNORED

A+3 ONLY PRODUCING MQA

bobbmd

I have asked this in several different ways in several different threads and not only to CA but to DARKO,Damien, A+3 support, MQA in UK, Meridian in USA and UK,HEAD Fi,I even asked ROON.

Ever since I bought A+3 now ver 3.02(3006) and replaced A+2 ver 2.6.6 I ONLY get sound produced from TIDAL MQA albums,playlists and my own MQA playlists.

I get no sound produced from A+3 for non MQA albums, playlists or my own playlists. I get no sound produced from Qobuz. I get no sound from my iTunes library. The soundbar on A+3 moves it says a song is playing it shows me the bitrate in both upper corners and 1-3 white lights show up on my new ME2.

If I use the TIDAL desktop app or Qobuz app or ROON everything plays ie produces sound/music MQA or non MQA from TIDAL or in the case of Qobuz app in FLAC/lossless 16/44.1. Interestingly iTunes alone does not play it acts just like A+3 but it does play on ROON. I get a blue light on ME2 for MQA TIDAL material on ROON.

I have repeatedly uninstalled A+3 or think I have reinstalled it have repeatedly plugged and unplugged USB connection from ME2 to my Mac Mini rebooted the Mac I have re uploaded the ME2 firmware ver 1717. I made NO changes in A+ at all from ver 2.6.6.

I really miss the ease of using A+ with Qobuz/TIDAL/my iTunes library at my fingertips and honestly feel A+3 sounds better( at least the MQA music I am allowed to listen to) than ROON or TIDAL/ Qobuz alone.

Can anyone help? Damien says it is an ME2 problem Meridian says no, MQA UK never answered me and ROON support and others on ROON community have no idea. There must be a simple solution something to 'click' or 'unclick' or uninstall BUT what exactly is it?

My system is late 2012 Mac Mini i7 16GB RAM USB out to the new ME2 and it is a wireless network with an Airport Express 2TB hd.

Again I had no such problems before A+3 and EVERYTHING else works perfectly.

Thanks bobbmd

1 hour ago, bobbmd said:

I have asked this in several different ways in several different threads and not only to CA but to DARKO,Damien, A+3 support, MQA in UK, Meridian in USA and UK,HEAD Fi,I even asked ROON.

Ever since I bought A+3 now ver 3.02(3006) and replaced A+2 ver 2.6.6 I ONLY get sound produced from TIDAL MQA albums,playlists and my own MQA playlists.

I get no sound produced from A+3 for non MQA albums, playlists or my own playlists. I get no sound produced from Qobuz. I get no sound from my iTunes library. The soundbar on A+3 moves it says a song is playing it shows me the bitrate in both upper corners and 1-3 white lights show up on my new ME2.

If I use the TIDAL desktop app or Qobuz app or ROON everything plays ie produces sound/music MQA or non MQA from TIDAL or in the case of Qobuz app in FLAC/lossless 16/44.1. Interestingly iTunes alone does not play it acts just like A+3 but it does play on ROON. I get a blue light on ME2 for MQA TIDAL material on ROON.

I have repeatedly uninstalled A+3 or think I have reinstalled it have repeatedly plugged and unplugged USB connection from ME2 to my Mac Mini rebooted the Mac I have re uploaded the ME2 firmware ver 1717. I made NO changes in A+ at all from ver 2.6.6.

I really miss the ease of using A+ with Qobuz/TIDAL/my iTunes library at my fingertips and honestly feel A+3 sounds better( at least the MQA music I am allowed to listen to) than ROON or TIDAL/ Qobuz alone.

Can anyone help? Damien says it is an ME2 problem Meridian says no, MQA UK never answered me and ROON support and others on ROON community have no idea. There must be a simple solution something to 'click' or 'unclick' or uninstall BUT what exactly is it?

My system is late 2012 Mac Mini i7 16GB RAM USB out to the new ME2 and it is a wireless network with an Airport Express 2TB hd.

Thanks bobbmd

I wish I could help :/  I have the ME2, as well, and it plays everything I throw at it from Audirvana 3.x.

I can't help but think, though, that it must have something to do with the device settings (Preferences | Audio System) - here is mine, and I have any upsampling (in the "Audio Filters" tab turned off):

Audirvana Preferences 2017-03-19 18-36-00.png

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

@jhwalker: Thank you very much-tried that and variations still no sound. I received an email from a MQA(UK) USA rep he is going to call me tomorrow. The only other thing I COULD do is eliminate everything associated with A+ but I don't quite know where to go into libraries preferences  'finder' damones etc to erase 'everything'. Thanks again will keep you posted.

4 hours ago, bobbmd said:

Thanks bobbmd

You can try starting from scratch by deleting those files:

Go to the main Library Folder... PrivilegedHelperTools folder... Trash the com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus file

or better trash the Folder... Enter your password

Go to the main Library Folder...LaunchDaemons Folder... Trash the com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus.plist

Go to User... Home Folder... Library... Applications Support... Audirvana Folder...Trash the AudirvanaPlusDatabase.sqlite (that is your database of music, back it up!)

Go to User... Home Folder... Library... Preferences... trash com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus.plist (those are A+ software preferences)

Restart MAC just to be sure... This will reset pretty much Audirvana like new.

When choosing library at first it will sync in top right main window under the logo...

LET IT GO, even better don't try to adjust windows or edit files... even playing music while it is not finished...

you'll see the progress bar going... Could be long the first time... depending on how large your library is and computer is fast or not... go to sleep... then see :-)

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

• 3 weeks later...

@RunHome Slow @jhwalker: All is now well in my universe-what I had done was checked the bottom box on Audio Units <Real Time audio units control and setup> THIS MUST BE unchecked and now I get TIDAL MQA nonMQA,Qobuz HiFi and iTunes  integrated ALL play now-THANKS to Damien for this after I sent screen shot of the 'debug' page to him

AND thank you to all that tried to help me!

bobbmd