IGNORED

Site Issues, Updates, Changes, and Feedback Thread

And +10 if there has been any mention/ask for a way for individuals to mark posts as relevant to their interests, and then only viewing those tagged posts in the thread. i.e., As I read, I click on posts that form the core or backbone of the thread, and then I can filter the thread so the irrelevant cross-talk and sniping and other unrelated and bad stuff is removed. CA is much more enjoyable this way (currently by using the ignore feature which is a minor god-send!).

Seriously, a means of custom filtering a thread would be amazing.

Sum>Frankenstein: JPlay/Audirvana/iTunes, Uptone EtherRegen+LPS-1.2, Rivo Streamer+Uptone JS-2, Schiit Yggdrasil LiM+Shunyata Delta XC, Linn LP12/Hercules II/Ittok/Denon DL-103R, ModWright LS 100, Pass XA25, Tellurium Black II, Monitor Audio Silver 500 on IsoAcoustics Gaias, Shunyata Delta XC, Transparent Audio, P12 power regenerator, and positive room attributes.

1 hour ago, feelingears said:

a way for individuals to mark posts as relevant to their interests, and then only viewing those tagged posts in the thread

So you ask for facility to 'Whitelist' content. Already you can 'Follow' topics(threads) or members. Following posts make no sense. All can now 'Bookmark' posts to Profile & find important ones later.

Too bad 'Pinning' important threads/posts too seldom happen in this forum.

then I can filter the thread so the irrelevant cross-talk and sniping and other unrelated and bad stuff is removed. CA is much more enjoyable this way (currently by using the ignore feature which is a minor god-send!).

I suggest that 'Blacklisting' threads & members is better filter then 'Whitelist', still allows new content to arise.

Just start using 'Ignore This Topic' more to hide threads with no interest for me & all stupid/vicious MQA and/or Troll threads. About 60 topics ignored now & more to do. When topic/thread is Ignored it vanishes completely from member feed. Only if you follow member posting in one will you have any knowledge of it. Or go to Profile/Account Settings/Ignored Topics  (why there??, why not section for all "Ignored Content").

My experience is much benefit to Ignoring CA members. Cuts out much noise in forum, but unlike topics, can still see 'metadata' of posts (time, member, topic), & can always override rule to view individual posts (if feeling perverse).

For ?? reasons CA forum full of fools, know-it-alls, time-wasters, trolls, a__holes, bullies, & worse. My reasoning- if poster is wrong about some important thing, probably wrong about many more things- not waste time looking for truth in pile of garbage.

Or if poster show intolerance, mocking, paranoia, or any anti-social behavior - not waste my little remaining time on earth on negative emotions for hobby that should be fun & sociable (would that it be so :( ).

So now have over 80 CA members Ignored in my trash bucket!  Wonderful difference, recommended x-D

And for balance, yes, are still some very good, smart, sharing people on CA. Now so much easier for me to see. I wish the same for you-

Seriously, a means of custom filtering a thread would be amazing

I say tools are there for you, just a little time to use them wisely.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, One and a half said:

The ignored threads were once flagged, which is fine, since I preferred to keep them out of the activity page. Now they are completely gone, and only way now is to sign out to view them. 

Looking into this. 

Can anyone else comment on this? I don't ignore any threads, so I will have to recreate this one.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

2 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

❤️

Love you too, Chris ;) What I'm talking about is - here was ❤️ before but it turned into '?" (maybe there are more emojis transformations like this on AS now, not a big problem though, obviously):