IGNORED

Site Issues, Updates, Changes, and Feedback Thread

Just now, firedog said:

That will be good. I searched for some pretty obvious things yesterday like

Kii three

MQA in various 2 or three word phrases

and got zero results.

I really wish Google would open it's site search product back up for paying customers to not display ads, but it isn't going to happen unfortunately. Site search is the best.

Hopefully Elasticsearch will be good. I really dislike the search we have now. It's nearly useless, even when it's "working."

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

3 minutes ago, STC said:

Chris, the new email notification with the CA header is making it difficult to read as the fonts are significantly smaller compared to the old format of email. 

Perhaps you could reduce the size of the logo size or give readers the option to select plain text only. 

Thanx. 

Thanks for the feedback. I just made a change. Let me know if it's any better for you.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

On 28-1-2018 at 4:25 PM, The Computer Audiophile said:

At the bottom of every email is a link to unfollow a topic. Please click that and all will be good. 

Hi Chris, I keep getting emails from this topic. I unfollowed several times but it doesn't help. Other topics don't give me problems. 

Screenshot_20180203-202659~01.png

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, mourip said:

Is there a way to proactively ignore all threads current and also future with a key word in it?

Or all threads current and future started by an ignored user?  Like a thread about Amazon doing free delivery of groceries?

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

Chris, I'm not sure if recent upgrades have impacted search capability, but I'd like to offer a hearty thanks for being able to zoom in on pertinent info about XRCD in the cesspool of "three letter acronym" content.  

You don't have any business travel to Japan planned in the near future do you?  ;)

nothing in particular but i always found them interesting and gave me new directions to go in-by now most of them are probably way out dated but i would like to go back and reread them-wished you would do more of them better than all those  CA topics like MQA and people calling themselves names while a lot of my queries go unanswered or ignored

best wishes bobbmd

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Thanks for the info. I can’t replicate the issue. 

Can anyone else confirm this issue?

I don't know if it is the same thing, but every day I will get two or three response timeout errors on this site - it does seem to happen only on this site.  I have experienced this with Chrome/Opera/NakedBrowser on Android, and Chrome/Opera/Safari on OSX.

David

MacMini, Mytek Manhattan I DAC, Avantone The Abbey Monitors, Roon

1 minute ago, church_mouse said:

I don't know if it is the same thing, but every day I will get two or three response timeout errors on this site - it does seem to happen only on this site.  I have experienced this with Chrome/Opera/NakedBrowser on Android, and Chrome/Opera/Safari on OSX.

Oh wow. I used Android for one year and have used Chrome for years on my Macs with that issue. 

Is there any way you can take a screenshot next time it happens and post it here? I’d love to figure out what’s going on. 

So far no issues from me. I would suggest the users having time out issues to first switch to using Google DNS servers then retry. Often times, ISP DNS servers are not as up to date as Google is.

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

23 hours ago, STC said:

I am seeing auto comment tab (in red circle)  in the "Activity" page. How is that possible?

image.thumb.png.0b8d00ca213409bd66ef2af39e427253.png

I think this happens when you post directly on someone's "wall".  Which I did to yours....  I was kinda experimenting myself so apologies if this caused confusion.  

• 2 weeks later...

A long time ago, I mentioned that the date+time format for posts was a problem for me.  I find that "Today, Yesterday, Saturday," etc. is much less convenient than a simple mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm am/pm format.

I came back to visit CA today. I see that quotes are time stamped that way now.  Any possibility of seeing posts time stamped that way too?

10 minutes ago, R Johnson said:

A long time ago, I mentioned that the date+time format for posts was a problem for me.  I find that "Today, Yesterday, Saturday," etc. is much less convenient than a simple mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm am/pm format.

I came back to visit CA today. I see that quotes are time stamped that way now.  Any possibility of seeing posts time stamped that way too?

Hovering the mouse over most timestamps gives a popup with the absolute time.