IGNORED

Site Issues, Updates, Changes, and Feedback Thread

You need at least one space between the quote box and your reply.  And do not put your reply inside the quote box!  You may be an audiophile,  but most of you are graphically challenged.  Don't forget you listen with your eyes.

In any dispute the intensity of feeling is inversely proportional to the value of the issues at stake ~ Sayre's Law

Hi Guys - Found the issue with email notifications. For some reason, our server doesn't have a PTR record with a valid Reverse DNS entry anymore.  We've had this forever, and all of a sudden we don't. It's in the config, but not working as it should. I have a ticket open with our hosting company, who usually is very responsive. I hope to have it resolved shortly.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

6 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Are you getting the non-email notifications in the upper right part of the site?

Well I see the notifications of "reacted" and "quoted," as well as notifications of private messages under the envelope icon--plus pop-ups of the same.  Just zilch coming from CA via my personal e-mail address. 

5 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Hi Guys - Found the issue with email notifications. For some reason, our server doesn't have a PTR record with a valid Reverse DNS entry anymore.  We've had this forever, and all of a sudden we don't. It's in the config, but not working as it should. I have a ticket open with our hosting company, who usually is very responsive. I hope to have it resolved shortly.

Ah, sounds like you have found the source of the issue.  Hoping they fix it for you soon.

Thanks.

18 minutes ago, Cyrus said:

Curious why so many Threads get started under the 'General' banner and not within Categories that are more specific to them, say DACs or Streamers, etc.?

I rarely pay attention to the categories, and I'm often too lazy to figure out the right one to use for a new thread. Speaking only for myself, of course.

Chris, the old site, on the home page, had a menu on the right side that listed categories for all the articles that you and others had written. Any chance putting that back. A recent member asked a question about finding information about streaming. I was going to suggest reading several articles that you have written on the subject. I thought this might be a quick way for them to find such articles.   

I think many new members, may not be aware how many articles there are because now there are 86 pages to scroll through on that home page. This may help that cause. I spent the better part of late 2008-2009 reading every article. It took me another 7 years to become a member, doh.   

Computer setup - Roon/Qobuz - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - HIFI Rose 250A Streamer - Emotiva XPA-2 Harbeth P3ESR XD - Rel  R-528 Sub

Comfy Chair - Schitt Jotunheim - Meze Audio Empyrean w/Mitch Barnett's Accurate Sound FilterSet

May I suggest a tiny alteration for the search? I may be wrong, but I think most people would regard the main entries in each section of the forum as  "topics" or "threads". Indeed there is a "start new topic" button. Yet the search page seems to regard them as "content titles". Maybe, also, "topic" might usefully be listed as a content type in itself. Also, it would be useful (to me, at least) to be able to set default search options.

PS:  I've still not found a way of disabling the Computer Audiophile digest I get sent by email.

LMS on Odroid XU4; HQPlayer on i7-8700; iFi iGalvanic; T+A DAC 8 DSD; Benchmark AHB2; Quad ESL 2805s + two Acoustic Energy subs.

PSS: Click on your name and profile picture that appear on the top right of every page.  Click again on "Settings" which will bring up the "Overview" section by default.  Look to the right side under "Other Settings" for the link to "Notification Settings".  Where you will likely wish to uncheck the first box before tailoring the other site and browser notifications.

46 minutes ago, rando said:

PSS: Click on your name and profile picture that appear on the top right of every page.  Click again on "Settings" which will bring up the "Overview" section by default.  Look to the right side under "Other Settings" for the link to "Notification Settings".  Where you will likely wish to uncheck the first box before tailoring the other site and browser notifications.

So, being on the mailing list doesn't do anything other than provide the digest? Or will unchecking that have other implications?

I assumed there might be other information that I might want to receive.

LMS on Odroid XU4; HQPlayer on i7-8700; iFi iGalvanic; T+A DAC 8 DSD; Benchmark AHB2; Quad ESL 2805s + two Acoustic Energy subs.

19 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Digest is in the area for content you automatically follow. 

A1F388F6-7C37-4E29-9D63-88DC9D733825.png

I don't have any content I automatically follow, apart from my own posts.

There's no mention of a digest in the image of the settings above.

And I have "Do not send me notifications" set in the settings.

Any thoughts on:

On 11/23/2017 at 11:53 AM, richard kimber said:

May I suggest a tiny alteration for the search? I may be wrong, but I think most people would regard the main entries in each section of the forum as  "topics" or "threads". Indeed there is a "start new topic" button. Yet the search page seems to regard them as "content titles". Maybe, also, "topic" might usefully be listed as a content type in itself. Also, it would be useful (to me, at least) to be able to set default search options.

59 minutes ago, richard kimber said:

I don't have any content I automatically follow, apart from my own posts.

There's no mention of a digest in the image of the settings above.

And I have "Do not send me notifications" set in the settings.

Any thoughts on:

Based on your settings (see below) you automatically follow all content to which you reply or post. 

Screen Shot 2017-11-24 at 8.02.56 AM.png

Digests are the once per day or once per week emails.

You have daily notification (digest) set for this thread (see below)

Screen Shot 2017-11-24 at 8.05.48 AM.png

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

On 11/23/2017 at 5:53 AM, richard kimber said:

I may be wrong, but I think most people would regard the main entries in each section of the forum as  "topics" or "threads". Indeed there is a "start new topic" button. Yet the search page seems to regard them as "content titles".

Maybe, also, "topic" might usefully be listed as a content type in itself. Also, it would be useful (to me, at least) to be able to set default search options.

The word Content covers all possible forms of content on the site including topics, blogs, articles, etc... Thus, searching Content titles is the correct word. If it said Topic titles, that would exclude searching for articles, blogs, etc... by title.

Topic is listed as a content type and is selectable by itself.

I agree setting default search options would be really nice. 

Screen Shot 2017-11-24 at 8.18.03 AM.png

43 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Based on your settings (see below) you automatically follow all content to which you reply or post. 

Screen Shot 2017-11-24 at 8.02.56 AM.png

Digests are the once per day or once per week emails.

You have daily notification (digest) set for this thread (see below)

But where is the daily/weekly notification set? In the image of my settings you can see that I have as the "Method to use for content I follow automatically" set "Do not send me notifications". I thought that would turn off the digests.

Sorry, I guess I'm being a bit dense here. O.o

41 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

The word Content covers all possible forms of content on the site including topics, blogs, articles, etc... Thus, searching Content titles is the correct word. If it said Topic titles, that would exclude searching for articles, blogs, etc... by title.

I was just looking for a way of producing just a list of topic titles, and only the titles,  based on some search criterion, and felt there wasn't an obvious way of doing it.

1 minute ago, richard kimber said:

I was just looking for a way of producing just a list of topic titles, and only the titles,  based on some search criterion, and felt there wasn't an obvious way of doing it.

This search gives you topics only, with the word DAC in the title. Is this what you're interested in?

Screen Shot 2017-11-24 at 9.07.42 AM.png

2 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

This search gives you topics only, with the word DAC in the title. Is this what you're interested in?

Screen Shot 2017-11-24 at 9.07.42 AM.png

That gives more than just the title, it also gives what is presumably part of the first posting. That mean it takes up much more screen space if you're just trying to locate a topic.