IGNORED

Site Issues, Updates, Changes, and Feedback Thread

Just now, mansr said:

Write a scraper that collects CA posts and publishes them over NNTP.

Another great suggestion, but let me give you an example of the type of answer I was looking for:

"Click on widget XYZ next to the post to see all answers that reference it", or

"Click on Search and select related posts", or

"Click on XYZ and select organize by conversation", or

Do you have one of these?

4 minutes ago, pkane2001 said:

Another great suggestion, but let me give you an example of the type of answer I was looking for:

"Click on widget XYZ next to the post to see all answers that reference it", or

"Click on Search and select related posts", or

"Click on XYZ and select organize by conversation", or

Do you have one of these?

If I did, I would have told you. I'm not a total jerk.

It would be the natural place to "Take specific topics/subjects to the next level."  To insert a means that finally separates the wheat from the chaff through intelligent filtering.  Where topics that get many posts that eventually contradict each other, new firmware etc., can be assigned their natural order and referenced.  Or let randomness continue to reign.

Chris, the expanded view of the activity stream is now showing the entire post rather than just the first few lines of it.  It doesn't seem to do this consistently, but there are certainly some really long posts that are showing the entire post.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

1 hour ago, rickca said:

Chris, the expanded view of the activity stream is now showing the entire post rather than just the first few lines of it.  It doesn't seem to do this consistently, but there are certainly some really long posts that are showing the entire post.

I'm seeing the same thing.

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I don't understand the question.

I'm guessing that he is asking how to search for content posted by other users. 

Here is one way to do it:

STEP 1

59f380ea771b7_ScreenShot2017-10-27at11_52_34AM.thumb.png.81e414e58ebec84a3ef7307620df0686.png

STEP 2

59f380fc23521_ScreenShot2017-10-27at11_52_52AM.thumb.png.468d690086238fc6330a5613b618accd.png

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

@The Computer Audiophile the Activity Stream isn't showing my more posts when I click on Load More Activity if I am signed in.  This problem doesn't happen if I am not signed in.

I'm also experiencing really bad performance lately.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

Chris, I figured it out.  I started having problems as soon as I did an Ignore Topic on the Civility thread, which has recently had a torrent of posts.  I had to stop ignoring this topic in order to get performance back to something acceptable.  This is definitely something your tech support guys should look at.

I'm seeing performance problems too. The home page is quite sluggish to load. As an All Access Member, the page has loaded in a known, but peculiar way. It initially renders with the narrower format seen by the hoi-polloi (i.e. non Executive Platinum All Access members), and then widens to the full screen.

This used to happen in the blink of an eye, but now that widening phase happens after a few seconds.

I too am an enthusiastic user of Ignore users and threads! Perhaps I am paying the price? 9_9

Yes even after I stop ignoring the Civility topic, performance this evening is really bad.  And I am one of the hoi polloi.