IGNORED

Site Issues, Updates, Changes, and Feedback Thread

• 2 weeks later...

chris -- i've noticed a weird behavior.  small thing, but i thought i'd point it out:

when you go to the computeraudiophile.com home page and click on "Forums" or "Blog" nothing happens.  to get to the forums, for instance, you have to click on it again.  it seems like it's expect a sub-menu like appears if you click on "Activity" or "Store".  is that expected behavior?

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100
6 hours ago, jcn3 said:

chris -- i've noticed a weird behavior.  small thing, but i thought i'd point it out:

when you go to the computeraudiophile.com home page and click on "Forums" or "Blog" nothing happens.  to get to the forums, for instance, you have to click on it again.  it seems like it's expect a sub-menu like appears if you click on "Activity" or "Store".  is that expected behavior?

This ha happened to me only a couple times. I can't reproduce it, so it's really tough to troubleshoot. 

If you can reproduce it, please let me know what OS and browser you're using. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

9 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

This ha happened to me only a couple times. I can't reproduce it, so it's really tough to troubleshoot. 

If you can reproduce it, please let me know what OS and browser you're using. 

chris -- i use win10 pro and chrome. tried clearing cache, but made no difference.  happens all of the time for me, not just occasionally.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100

Just a shout out to an app version really would be great.  I know its not a priority and not something that's on the radar.  I understand the complications that come with creating an app version and you have expressed that, I get it. 

I personally cant stand safari (browsers) on the iphone and again just a little nudge for an app version (I liked the previous CA app) :) 

My rig

Hi Chris,

I am with my Windows Phone (8.1) trying to

a. Upvote (or any of the others)

b. Quote pieces of text (quoting the complete post works fine)

and neither work. Just nothing happens at the attempt, though with the upvote a vertical popup appears with the three options.

There are really things to upvote (like your posts :ph34r:).

The (not) quoting is doable with some work around. BUT do notice that the quote option (button) sadly also lacks on the phone layout.

Thanks,

Peter

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

Can it be that sth is wrong with the PM system now ?

I just sent one and after saving it, CA aborts.

Now I can't enter the PM area any more. Aborts right away.

Via another path I created a new fresh PM, but same thing.

One to you,same. Maybe WP again ?

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

On 8/26/2017 at 9:07 PM, Booster MPS said:

Really odd text overwrite here:

Screen Shot 2017-08-26 at Aug 26, 2017  9.06.30 PM.png

I reported this bug as well in the recent past.  Half a day later the text displayed as normal when Chris replied.  That is not the case now.

On 7/18/2017 at 3:16 PM, rando said:

This glitch has been popping up a bit lately.  Refreshing is no help but revisiting the page in a few minutes normally clears it up.  Issue?

35 minutes ago, plissken said:

Any way when clicking on the 'Home', 'Forums', 'Blogs', etc tabs it doesn't take two clicks?

Currently it's one to light the tab white and another to select and be redirected. 

I had this issue long ago and it has been reported recently. I can't reproduce it, but I'm trying to find commonalities. 

What browser and OS are you using?

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

How to embed youtube videos without email identification showing?

Hi,

I can embed a youtube video by pasting the "share link" (NOT the embed code option). You get the option of *auto embed* or keep as a hyperlink when pasted into a CA post.

The problem is the "Watch Later" link remains embedded and hovering over this in the completed CA post shows your email address!

I assume that when you hover over the link it will display *your* email address, not mine, but can someone confirm this? It still makes me uneasy seeing my email displaying on a public forum.

I also noticed that the option to paste the share link with the Youtube "embed option" code does not work in CA. Pasting into the forum post just displays the code. The advantage of the "embed option" code on the youtube site is that it has additional controls. Does anyone know how to do this?

Cheers

David

Sound Minds Mind Sound

Hi Chris,

it appears to occur on any embedded youtube video. Hover over the "watch later" thing at the top and it displays your email address. My concern is that it may reveal the email of the original poster.Now if everybody just sees their own email (as I would hope) there is no problem.

Still, it would be nice to use the actual embed *code* and be able to modify how videos are displayed.

Enjoy the show!

Cheers

David

Sound Minds Mind Sound

As I suspected. it shows a link to watch it under your email because you are logged in.  Should you switch to a browser you are not logged into any google account on or log out of your email +clear cookies it removes any trace of your email.  

In brief, you or someone logged into your personal email are the only ones capable of seeing the option to watch it later linked to your account.  

:|

1 hour ago, rando said:

As I suspected. it shows a link to watch it under your email because you are logged in.  Should you switch to a browser you are not logged into any google account on or log out of your email +clear cookies it removes any trace of your email.  

In brief, you or someone logged into your personal email are the only ones capable of seeing the option to watch it later linked to your account.  

:|

Hi Rando,

I also suspect this to be the case (and if in doubt exercise the workarounds as you described).

I  did look at a video posted by someone else and confirmed that it was *my* email address showing under "Watch Later" so I assume the reciprocal situation applies.

Would you mind looking at this video https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forums/topic/35143-vibration-air-roller-bearings-thanks-to-barry-warren/?do=findComment&comment=714537

and confirming it shows *your* logged in details?

Cheers

David

Sound Minds Mind Sound

David, I happened by and saw Chris gave this a non-critical site priority, but you were anxious to receive an answer.  So I went about using 3 other browsers and every step I described in the answer I gave above.  Which should be clear enough reasoning why I will not octuple check again.