IGNORED

Site Issues, Updates, Changes, and Feedback Thread

1 hour ago, mansr said:

I hadn't suffered from this issue until today. Now it's suddenly demanding a re-login quite frequently.

Welcome to the club:D...every login. It is a very first world problem, but I will be glad when the fix is in.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

4 minutes ago, firedog said:

Welcome to the club:D...every login. It is a very first world problem, but I will be glad when the fix is in.

It's fine as long as I'm only using the desktop browser (Firefox) and my phone (Android Chrome). If I switch to the tablet (Android Chrome), it requires login and then again when I go back to the desktop or phone.

Chris,

Was the site down for maintenance over the weekend?

It seemed like I could not access it at times.

Regards

Custom Win10 Server | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Job INT | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

25 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

The web hosting company had some issues over the weekend. 

Ah ok!  Good to have things back to normal then.

Custom Win10 Server | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Job INT | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

What I'd like now is a wildcard filter to ignore topics.  For example, I want to ignore all topics containing the word iTunes.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

On 7/20/2017 at 3:02 PM, Ralf11 said:

more info - for me the login issue is related to use of 2 devices (mac mini and laptop in another room, both using wifi on same router); once I log in from another device I am logged off on the first one

I suddenly am having the same issue.  Log in under one device I am logged out of the other.  Prior to I think 3 days ago, I could use phone, desktop, laptop or chromebook and it remembered my log in on all.  Now it seems one device only.

For instance I can visit ten times without logging in on desktop.  Switch to phone and have to sign in.  Visit ten times on phone without logging in.  Then go back to desktop and have to sign in again.

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

On 7/24/2017 at 8:54 PM, The Computer Audiophile said:

The web hosting company had some issues over the weekend. 

Chris,

Just FYI ... I wasn't able to view/connect to the site for the last couple of days again.

Managed to get on the site only since yesterday.

Could not resolve the ip address on web browsers - but I still continued to get email notifications etc.

Regards

13 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Very strange. Can you pm me your ip address when this happens? Also can you try from a mobile when this happens?

Yes very strange.   I did try using my cell phone and I think I did get in one occasion.

But from my other locations/computers I got the same message.  

Appears to be an isolated incident so will leave be for now.  All is well at the moment.

The posting editor is not comfortable with Firefox - Javascript perhaps? Just was composing a reply, and trying to correct the text, and Firefox went into a mad frenzy chewing up memory seemingly without limit - the browser was caught in a quicksand; couldn't break the loop; so, finally cleared the page - and Firefox recovered - dumped the memory splurge.

Website or Firefox? ... can't say.

Major update to the site coming in a little bit (tonight). It is supposed to fix the login/out issue and will add many more features. 

It requires me to reconfigure the theme, so please give me a bit of time to make adjustments and please let me know what isn't working after the update.

Thanks guys. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Hi Guys - As you can see there was a major update to the site. I'm working through the color scheme right now. Rather than perfect it, I want to open up the site while I work on the aesthetic details.

All suggestions are welcome.

In addition to the visual differences, there are many new behind the scenes differences. Please let me know what issues you run into and also what changes you'd like to see made.

P.S. The login/out issue should be resolved.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

It is a bit of a getting used to. Of course you said that you are working on things, but right now it is the opposite of the fragile nice. So it jumps at me as very rough and also not consistent (yet).

About all seems so large.

Something else is that I personally never liked those assigned large "F" and "B" (like from fas42 and ben and you can see them now).

Color settings as of now will attract more women now. Girls actually. 

OK, I am sure we should not respond too much at this moment. You are working on it ...

Thanks,

Peter

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

KabyLake01.thumb.png.e4104bbf0e8dd6c360294931ae1cffc1.png

I am not even sure whether we already were able to insert existing attachments. I think so because the "Insert other media" button has been there (during posting), but I don't recall what the options were.

Now I noticed the down-arrow next to the user name with one of the options "My Attachments".

Anyway, I liked to attach Mrs KabyLake again, and again start dreaming.

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)