IGNORED

Site Issues, Updates, Changes, and Feedback Thread

Hi @The Computer Audiophile Chris, 

Since yesterday I keep having to sign in both with with Chrome on Android and with Safari on Mac OS.

Has anyone else complained about this?

Cheers, 

Ricardo 

"Science draws the wave, poetry fills it with water" Teixeira de Pascoaes

HQPlayer Desktop / Mac mini → Intona 7054 → RME ADI-2 DAC FS (DSD256)

30 minutes ago, semente said:

Hi @The Computer Audiophile Chris, 

Since yesterday I keep having to sign in both with with Chrome on Android and with Safari on Mac OS.

Has anyone else complained about this?

Cheers, 

Ricardo 

Hi Ricardo - Yes, the problem should be fixed. Please let me know if you still experience the issue after today. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

10 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Hi Ricardo - Yes, the problem should be fixed. Please let me know if you still experience the issue after today. 

Thanks.

I'll let you know if it persists.

25 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Hi Guys - Just implemented a new feature today. It makes quotes longer than 5 lines smaller, and enables readers to click "Read More" to expand the quote. This makes the reading flow easier and makes the longer quotes less prominent.

Nice. I have but one small complaint. If a quote is exactly 6 lines, the last line is replaced by the "read more" button without actually saving any space. In this case, it would be better to simply leave it as is.

Line 1.

Line 2.

Line 3.

Line 4.

Line 5.

Line 6.

8 minutes ago, mansr said:

Nice. I have but one small complaint. If a quote is exactly 6 lines, the last line is replaced by the "read more" button without actually saving any space. In this case, it would be better to simply leave it as is.

I'm not sure how to get around the fact there needs to be a cut off. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

4 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

In principle, what you'd do is truncate anything longer than six lines to five lines of content plus the "read more" button. That may of course not be easy to do with this particular piece of code.

Chris, new problem.  The 'Ignore this topic' option is missing on the threads imported from the new forum.

Another new problem.  Trying to read the latest post from @rikhav navigating from the activity stream and clicking on 'x minutes ago'  I get the following

Error code: 2F173/K

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

14 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

That should be fixed now.

Chris, note that I updated my post and added a 2nd issue.  The 'ignore this topic' thing is indeed fixed.

I'm still getting that Error code: 2F173/K.  I can view all the comments on your Ravenna article if I first go to the article and just scroll down, but I get that error if I try to navigate from rikhav's post in the Activity Stream to his actual post.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

Just now, rickca said:

Chris, note that I updated my post and added a 2nd issue.  The 'ignore this topic' thing is indeed fixed.

I'm still getting that Error code: 2F173/K.  I can view all the comments on your Ravenna article if I first go to the article and just scroll down, but I get that error if I try to navigate from rikhav's post in the Activity Stream to his actual post.

Thanks Rick. I have a support ticket open right now for this one. 

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

The issue login issue should be fixed now.

Didn't do it for me. :(

1 hour ago, rickca said:

This is fixed now.

3 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I can imagine code that implements this simple algorithm:

if (quote length in lines ≤ 6)

{ print quote as is }

else

{

print first 5 lines of quote;

display the "more" pulldown

}

Replace 6 with any other value you prefer.

6 minutes ago, austinpop said:

I can imagine code that implements this simple algorithm:

if (quote length in lines ≤ 6)

{ print quote as is }

else

{

print first 5 lines of quote;

display the "more" pulldown

}

Replace 6 with any other value you prefer.

Here's the xml file I used to install the plugin. It contains the code being used. 

Minimized Quote 1_0_2.xml

21 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Here's the xml file I used to install the plugin. It contains the code being used. 

Minimized Quote 1_0_2.xml

Sorry Chris, I don't have any experience in this field. From what I can see in the XML file, there is this:

<key>minimizeQuote_size</key>
<default>5</default>

But I don't see any code actual javascript code that uses this. Is the code obfuscated or encrypted? 

I see this:
<js filename="plugins.minimizequote.js">
OyggZnVuY3Rpb24oJCwgXywgdW5kZWZpbmVkKXsKCSJ1c2Ugc3RyaWN0IjsKCglpcHMuY29udHJvbGxlci5yZWdpc3RlcigncGx1Z2lucy5taW5pbWl6ZXF1b3RlJywgewoJCWl
 ........truncated............
</js>
</jsFiles>

If this is the code (encrypted), can you send me the unencrypted version, so we can see what the logic is?
14 minutes ago, austinpop said:

Sorry Chris, I don't have any experience in this field. From what I can see in the XML file, there is this:

<key>minimizeQuote_size</key>
<default>5</default>

But I don't see any code actual javascript code that uses this. Is the code obfuscated or encrypted? 

I see this:
<js filename="plugins.minimizequote.js">
OyggZnVuY3Rpb24oJCwgXywgdW5kZWZpbmVkKXsKCSJ1c2Ugc3RyaWN0IjsKCglpcHMuY29udHJvbGxlci5yZWdpc3RlcigncGx1Z2lucy5taW5pbWl6ZXF1b3RlJywgewoJCWl
 ........truncated............
</js>
</jsFiles>

If this is the code (encrypted), can you send me the unencrypted version, so we can see what the logic is?

It's base64 encoded:

;( function($, _, undefined){
        "use strict";

ips.controller.register('plugins.minimizequote', {
                initialize: function()
                {
                        var that = this;

/* Then listen for contentChange */
                        $( document ).on('contentChange', function (e, newContent)                         {
                                // Initialize widgets; if we're passed a jQuery collection, loop through each
                                if( newContent instanceof jQuery )
                                {
                                        newContent.each( function ()
                                        {
                                                if( _.isUndefined( $( this ).attr( 'data-ipseditor') ) )
                                                {
                                                        that.minimizeQuotes();
                                                }
                                        });
                                }
                                else
                                {
                                        that.minimizeQuotes();
                                }

// Rerun prettyprint
                                if (typeof PR != 'undefined') {
                                        PR.prettyPrint();
                                }
                        });

this.minimizeQuotes();
                },
                minimizeQuotes: function()
                {
                        var size = parseInt( ips.getSetting( 'minimizeQuote_size') );

/* Do initial content */
                        $( 'blockquote[data-ipsquote]' ).each( function()
                        {
                                var hasIpsQuoteContentsClass = $( this ).children( '.ipsQuote_contents' ).length;

if( ! _.isUndefined( $( quoteContentsDiv ).attr( 'data-ipseditor') ) || $( this ).closest( '.ipsComposeArea' ).length > 0 || ! _.isUndefined( $( quoteContentsDiv ).attr( 'contenteditable' ) ) )
                                {
                                        console.log( 'In editor' );
                                        return;
                                }

/* Old quote style */
                                if ( ! hasIpsQuoteContentsClass )
                                {
                                        var citation = $( this ).children( '.ipsQuote_citation' );

$( this ).children().wrapAll( "<div class='ipsQuote_contents' />" );

/* Move citation out of the "contents" div */
                                        if ( citation.length > 0 )
                                        {
                                                citation.detach();
                                                $( this ).prepend( citation );
                                        }
                                }

var quoteContentsDiv = $( this ).children( '.ipsQuote_contents' );

$( quoteContentsDiv ).attr( 'data-minimizedQuoteWasHere', 1 );
                                ips.ui.truncate.respond( $( quoteContentsDiv ), { type: 'hide', size: size + ' lines' } );

});
                }
        });
}( jQuery, _ ));

4 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

This is fixed now.

Wow.  Chris, thanks for responding so quickly to both my issues today.  CA is a Class Act!