IGNORED

Site Issues, Updates, Changes, and Feedback Thread

Hi George - post numbers is something I am considering bringing back. If I can find a quality plugin that's supported, I will buy it and enable it. 

With respect to losing content, the new site does better than any other software I've used. If you lose your text for any reason, just go back to the same thread and click in the box to start typing again and the text will automatically reappear. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

With respect to losing content, the new site does better than any other software I've used. If you lose your text for any reason, just go back to the same thread and click in the box to start typing again and the text will automatically reappear. 

Yes, that's an amazing, useful feature.

HQPlayer (on 3.8 GHz 8-core i7 iMac 2020) > NAA (on 2012 Mac Mini i7) > RME ADI-2 v2 > Benchmark AHB-2 > Thiel 3.7

16 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Hi Guys - The Ignore Topic feature is now available.

Screen Shot 2017-06-16 at 8.36.46 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-06-16 at 8.38.04 AM.png

Before I even saw this post I clicked on that thread just to see if I could ignore it - and was happy to see I could!

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

12 hours ago, gmgraves said:

Also I have mentioned this before and never received an answer. The old system used to remember your text as you wrote it. If one accidentally got knocked off the page by a computer glitch or one's own stupidity, when you went back to the forum you were posting to, and went to start over answering the post you were responding to when you were interrupted, the system asked you if you wanted to retrieve the text you previously wrote. Nowadays, if that happens you have to start all over again and if you had written a lot, it's heartbreaking to realize that all of it was lost. Any way to get THAT feature back?

There is something like that in the new forum. I'm not sure what triggers it, but sometimes I get a reply box populated with text I've previously discarded.

6 hours ago, mansr said:

There is something like that in the new forum. I'm not sure what triggers it, but sometimes I get a reply box populated with text I've previously discarded.

If that is so, I have yet to see it. These are the kind of things that Chris should be able to answer. After all, he implemented this new system. Thanks for your reply, though.

17 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Hi George - post numbers is something I am considering bringing back. If I can find a quality plugin that's supported, I will buy it and enable it. 

Does that include if you actually leave the page or one's browser app gets closed accidentally? The old system saved text even if you restarted the computer before continuing to type.....

But thanks for your answer. I have yet to see this feature work, but I'll be on the lookout for it, 

George

6 minutes ago, gmgraves said:

If that is so, I have yet to see it. These are the kind of things that Chris should be able to answer. After all, he implemented this new system. Thanks for your reply, though.

Does that include if you actually leave the page or one's browser app gets closed accidentally? The old system saved text even if you restarted the computer before continuing to type.....

But thanks for your answer. I have yet to see this feature work, but I'll be on the lookout for it, 

Let's try and find out. I started typing this in Chrome on Android, then closed the tab and restarted the browser. Navigating back to this page and clicking in the reply box brought the text back. Seems to be working.

20 minutes ago, mansr said:

Let's try and find out. I started typing this in Chrome on Android, then closed the tab and restarted the browser. Navigating back to this page and clicking in the reply box brought the text back. Seems to be working.

No, I don't see it. I'm using Safari on El Capitan and I wrote some text in answer to this response to you. Without submitting it, I left this page. When I came back, of course, my reply to you was gone, just as it would be if I had accidentally left the page or closed the browser while typing a reply. I hit "Quote" and your quote, above, appeared, underneath which was a cursor for me to begin typing a reply. I typed something expecting what I had written previously to magically re-appear as you indicated it would..... Nothing! I must be doing something incorrectly.

Thanks for your help at any rate.

George

35 minutes ago, gmgraves said:

No, I don't see it. I'm using Safari on El Capitan and I wrote some text in answer to this response to you. Without submitting it, I left this page. When I came back, of course, my reply to you was gone, just as it would be if I had accidentally left the page or closed the browser while typing a reply. I hit "Quote" and your quote, above, appeared, underneath which was a cursor for me to begin typing a reply. I typed something expecting what I had written previously to magically re-appear as you indicated it would..... Nothing! I must be doing something incorrectly.

Thanks for your help at any rate.

You have to click in the text box at the bottom of the page before anything else. If you click quote on some post first, the saved text is lost.

4 hours ago, mansr said:

You have to click in the text box at the bottom of the page before anything else. If you click quote on some post first, the saved text is lost.

I see! It works differently from the old system. I've been wondering the text box at the bottom of the page was for. Thanks loads for your help!

George

19 hours ago, firedog said:
On 6/16/2017 at 9:37 AM, The Computer Audiophile said:

Hi Guys - The Ignore Topic feature is now available.

Screen Shot 2017-06-16 at 8.36.46 AM.png

Before I even saw this post I clicked on that thread just to see if I could ignore it - and was happy to see I could!

Has anybody noticed that if you're not looking too hard the black "Reply to this Topic" box looks brown ?   (due to the proximity of the red of the new button :) )

Chris, the activity stream says it autoupdates.  However, to see the new items you need to click.  What I'd really like is auto refresh so you can see the new items without doing anything.  What do you think?

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

1 hour ago, rickca said:

the activity stream says it autoupdates.

I've noticed auto-updating on the Unread Content page, but it seems to have a time limit, since if I ignore it, navigate off the page, or off the browser, and do other things for a while, when I come back the page has frozen to a previous state, and I need to Refresh the page to get up-to-date and restart the auto-update for another indeterminate time...

I'm curious about this too !

Hi Chris / All, 

Not sure if this has been reported already but I selected Ignore Thread - on Jud's "Why do people come to Computer Audiophile to display contempt for audiophiles" thread as I'd contributed but felt the thread was going nowhere constructive. 

Anyway over 12 hours later and I'm still getting email updates for this thread. Is this a known issue? Or is there an additional step to unsubscribe from emails for a given thread? 

Thanks, 

Alan 

Synergistic Research Powercell UEF SE > Sonore OpticalModule (LPS-1.2 & DXP-1A5DSC) > EtherRegen (SR4T & DXP-1A5DSC) > (Sablon 2020 LAN) Innuos PhoenixNet > Muon Streaming System > Grimm Audio MU1 server > (Sablon AES) Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC > PS Audio M1200 monoblocks > Salk Sound Supercharged Songtowers

1 minute ago, BigAlMc said:

Not sure if this has been reported already but I selected Ignore Thread - on Jud's "Why do people come to Computer Audiophile to display contempt for audiophiles" thread as I'd contributed but felt the thread was going nowhere constructive. 

Anyway over 12 hours later and I'm still getting email updates for this thread. Is this a known issue? Or is there an additional step to unsubscribe from emails for a given thread?

You also need to "unfollow" the thread. Ignoring doesn't do this automatically, apparently.

3 minutes ago, mansr said:

You also need to "unfollow" the thread. Ignoring doesn't do this automatically, apparently.

Thanks @mansr

Not to be difficult but I'm confused. So what is the intended use of Ignore This Topic then?

Thanks,

Alan

Synergistic Research Powercell UEF SE > Sonore OpticalModule (LPS-1.2 & DXP-1A5DSC) > EtherRegen (SR4T & DXP-1A5DSC) > (Sablon 2020 LAN) Innuos PhoenixNet > Muon Streaming System > Grimm Audio MU1 server > (Sablon AES) Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC > PS Audio M1200 monoblocks > Salk Sound Supercharged Songtowers

3 minutes ago, BigAlMc said:

Not to be difficult but I'm confused. So what is the intended use of Ignore This Topic then?

That hides even non-followed threads from activity streams and, I believe, search results. It lets you create your own private version of history where the thread never existed. If only reality had a similar feature.

1 minute ago, mansr said:

That hides even non-followed threads from activity streams and, I believe, search results. It lets you create your own private version of history where the thread never existed. If only reality had a similar feature.

Haha! Yeah that would be a very useful feature with a couple of my colleagues! ;) If only...

Ignored individual's posts seem to be shown anyway under certain conditions.

When I'm reading a thread and one of the ignored individuals posts to this thread at the same time, clicking on the '10 new replies Show Replies'  link near the bottom of the page shows the ignored poster's complete message(s), along with all the other new messages posted to that thread. It's easy enough not to read these, but it seems to defeat the goal of the ignore option.