IGNORED

Site Issues, Updates, Changes, and Feedback Thread

1 minute ago, Daudio said:

And your point ?

Yes, my point was in response to your saying:

22 hours ago, Daudio said:

And, in terms of the 'look'; I know a fair number of things about graphic design, and the most important of those is that I am NOT a graphic designer (through I do have a fair 'eye'), and neither are you. It takes a lot more learning, practice and talent, to be proficient at that job, then either of us has. Not even close. Perhaps you could enlist a CA member with the right 'chops' to help ?

I think the old design was pretty damn good ! I recall thinking long ago, that it was quite a nice design for a professed 'geek.  The color palette was pleasing, and helped separate and highlight key interface elements. The script 'logo' looked very good, and added a nice welcoming contrast to the usual techy font selections - perhaps a merger of the digital and the analog ?

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

1 minute ago, mav52 said:

How do I invoke the Blue theme option ?  instead of the white option I now see

At least on a PC - All the way down at the left of the blue bar at the bottom of the page, there is the word "Theme" with an arrow...

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

22 hours ago, kumakuma said:

Bob, is "View Signatures" turned ON in your Account Settings?

Thanks.  Curiously, it was turned on, and now I see the sigs without having changed my settings.

Maybe I failed to notice the sigs because they are in pale gray and I use the f.lux program to dim my display at night.  At least now I know what to look for!

HQPlayer (on 3.8 GHz 8-core i7 iMac 2020) > NAA (on 2012 Mac Mini i7) > RME ADI-2 v2 > Benchmark AHB-2 > Thiel 3.7

Chris, when I do a member search, why is there always by default a Group specification of Annoying selected?  I always have to untick that box.  Where did this group called Annoying come from anyway?  

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

7 minutes ago, Kal Rubinson said:

We are always here. :P

Yeah, I was thinking that maybe I was an unwitting member myself.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

59 minutes ago, rickca said:

Chris, when I do a member search, why is there always by default a Group specification of Annoying selected?  I always have to untick that box.  Where did this group called Annoying come from anyway?  

Ahhhhhhh. A little behind the scenes testing accidentally came through to the production site. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

5 hours ago, rickca said:

Where did this group called Annoying come from anyway?  

It was created by my uploading the e-mail addresses of the CA members who send the most messages to me.  xD

But seriously, this explains why half the time my searches turn up nothing--and the other half the time they come back with a bunch of posts by @rickca  :D

(J.K. I love ya Rick.)

Chris, I'd like a way to see all activity except certain threads.  When a thread goes bad, it tends to have a very high activity level as the rhetoric cranks up.  Lately we've had more and more of these.

So I'd like to ignore a thread rather than ignore a user.  Sometimes the same user posts quite intelligent things in other threads.

16 minutes ago, rickca said:

Chris, I'd like a way to see all activity except certain threads.  When a thread goes bad, it tends to have a very high activity level as the rhetoric cranks up.  Lately we've had more and more of these.

So I'd like to ignore a thread rather than ignore a user.  Sometimes the same user posts quite intelligent things in other threads.

Rick,

this isn't exactly what you need, but I defined this custom activity that shows recent activity aggregated by topic. Try it and see if you like it:

https://www.computeraudiophile.com/discover/35/

I love your phrase "when a thread goes bad." So true! With this custom activity, no matter how active a topic is, it only occupies one spot on the list, as opposed to completely swamping the default "Unread Content" view.

26 minutes ago, austinpop said:

I defined this custom activity that shows recent activity aggregated by topic.

That's very useful.  Thanks a lot!

1 hour ago, rickca said:

I'm with you. I will see if this can be accomplished. 

42 minutes ago, austinpop said:

Rick,

this isn't exactly what you need, but I defined this custom activity that shows recent activity aggregated by topic. Try it and see if you like it:

https://www.computeraudiophile.com/discover/35/

I love your phrase "when a thread goes bad." So true! With this custom activity, no matter how active a topic is, it only occupies one spot on the list, as opposed to completely swamping the default "Unread Content" view.

Thanks for the view that saves us from most of the badness :~)

Chris, 

I just noticed a slight issue with the "Computer Audiophile Blue" theme. The Search field on the top bar of the page is the same blue color of the bar, so very hard to distinguish. It looks like this:

59381d3b7a4f1_ScreenShot2017-06-07at10_35_02AM.thumb.png.39080e30193846112b3b08b2c64daf13.png

Other themes have the search field in a lighter (or white) color.

Could you change the field itself to a lighter shade, so it's more visible?

Hi @austinpop, thanks bringing this up again. It's a great idea that would help everyone immensely. 

I'm going over the options you suggested right now and thinking about how to implement something either exactly or in the spirit of your suggestion. 

I don't mean to push work off to you or anyone else, but if you want you can search for a plugin that's already built or similar functionality. I'm not opposed to purchasing a plugin type of solution rather than building it myself. Here is a link to available plugins etc.. https://invisioncommunity.com/files/

40 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I don't mean to push work off to you or anyone else, but if you want you can search for a plugin that's already built or similar functionality. I'm not opposed to purchasing a plugin type of solution rather than building it myself. Here is a link to available plugins etc.. https://invisioncommunity.com/files/

Hi Chris,

I'll take a look as soon as I get a chance.