IGNORED

Site Issues, Updates, Changes, and Feedback Thread

Hi Guys - I can't believe this one slipped passed me and I caught it just now. The search feature of the site wasn't indexing words with less than 4 characters. Searches for DSD, MQA, PCM, etc... turned up zero results. I reconfigured the server, but now I am rebuilding the search index. This is a lengthy process. Thus, search results will be extra bad until the index is rebuilt. 

Sorry for the inconvenience. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

11 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Hi Guys - I can't believe this one slipped passed me and I caught it just now. The search feature of the site wasn't indexing words with less than 4 characters. Searches for DSD, MQA, PCM, etc... turned up zero results. I reconfigured the server, but now I am rebuilding the search index. This is a lengthy process. Thus, search results will be extra bad until the index is rebuilt. 

Sorry for the inconvenience. 

I was wondering why some of my searches weren't turning anything up.  How long is rebuilding the index supposed to take, so I know to allow 2-3 times that at least?  :)

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Dang it. Reindexing after the re-config didn't fix the issue. I just added a different config option and started the indexing over. 

I'm pretty sure this will fix the issue. I adjusted the setting for innodb tables in the database, but my search index table uses myisam. Of course the setting is different in the config file. Index is at 15% done right now. 

Edit: Yes, it's working now! Indexing not finished for al content yet.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

On 4/5/2017 at 7:28 PM, mansr said:

The "quote this" that pops up when selecting text is erratic in Chrome on Android. Sometimes it appears in some random place on the screen, often not at all. Don't know if other mobile browsers are also affected.

I'd really appreciate if this could be fixed.

22 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I've yet to reproduce this behavior. I'll see if I can work on a fix anyway.

Here's an example:

Screenshot_20170516-214655.thumb.png.92584cf58ff859d88ac446ad6440c1a8.png

Note how the pop-up is situated below, and partially hidden by, the reply box.

More often than not, it doesn't appear at all, and when it does, it generally jumps around for a while before settling.

There was no "Thank Mr. 'The Computer Audiophile'" thread prominently attached to the front page.  

At first blush my reaction to the blocky duotone severity of the new site was far removed from hopes it would advance ease of use and utility.  I've come here to commend you and admit how wrong my biased opinion of the changes was before delving in sufficiently.  The lack of distractions overwhelming any number of other places on the web more than makes up for a little eye strain.  You and all who gainfully contributed to the new minimal format did very well.

The new replies popup notification has really come to the fore as one's attention wanders onto other sites following the chain of reports at the Munich High End Show.  As well as gaining full sized photos with a second click.   

42 minutes ago, rando said:

There was no "Thank Mr. 'The Computer Audiophile'" thread prominently attached to the front page.  

At first blush my reaction to the blocky duotone severity of the new site was far removed from hopes it would advance ease of use and utility.  I've come here to commend you and admit how wrong my biased opinion of the changes was before delving in sufficiently.  The lack of distractions overwhelming any number of other places on the web more than makes up for a little eye strain.  You and all who gainfully contributed to the new minimal format did very well.

The new replies popup notification has really come to the fore as one's attention wanders onto other sites following the chain of reports at the Munich High End Show.  As well as gaining full sized photos with a second click.   

Thank you for the very kind words. 

8 minutes ago, austinpop said:

The Problem:

Monster threads, where a wealth of information is stored within the thread in a few key posts, but these are very hard to find

'Stickie' thread/posts are a possible solution too, through I don't know if this new platform (whatever it is) can handle them.

I thought the old system supported them, but that they weren't used because they required some permission level, that wasn't delegated, to create/designate them.

29 minutes ago, Daudio said:

'Stickie' thread/posts are a possible solution too, through I don't know if this new platform (whatever it is) can handle them.

I thought the old system supported them, but that they weren't used because they required some permission level, that wasn't delegated, to create/designate them.

I'm open to all reasonable solutions. Stickies posts are a good option too.