IGNORED

Site Issues, Updates, Changes, and Feedback Thread

No signatures anymore and is the iOS app obolete?

Streamer dCS Network Bridge DAC Chord DAVE Amplifier / DRC Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 Speakers Lindemann BL-10 | JL audio E-sub e110 Head-fi and reference Bakoon HPA-21 | Audeze LCD-3 (f) Power and isolation Dedicated power line | Xentek extreme isolation transformer (1KVA, balanced) | Uptone Audio EtherREGEN + Ferrum Hypsos | Sonore OpticalModule + Uptone Audio UltraCap LPS-1.2 | Jensen CI-1RR Cables Jorma Digital XLR (digital), Grimm Audio SQM RCA (analog), Kimber 8TC + WBT (speakers), custom star-quad with Oyaide connectors (AC), Ferrum (DC) and Ghent (ethernet) Software dCS Mosaic | Tidal | Qobuz

Just now, The Computer Audiophile said:

I have a lot of caffeine in me right now. Going on a few hours of sleep and no further sleep until tonight. 

Empathize with your sleep deprivation and grateful for your hard work.  It's turned out really well overall, especially on mobile.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

1 minute ago, skatbelt said:

Signature are still here. Correct, no iOS / Android apps right now and no immediate plans for it.

1 minute ago, Jud said:

Empathize with your sleep deprivation and grateful for your hard work.  It's turned out really well overall, especially on mobile.

Thanks Jud. I know I can't please everyone, but it's nice to please at least some people :~)

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

1 minute ago, skatbelt said:

I'm seeing your sig - maybe it's a preference setting?

Or are you viewing on mobile?  Not sure I ever saw sigs there.

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

And Chris, outside of anything else ... I like the width. Let me be the only one, but I certainly agree with all the experts. Newspaper columns are small for the same reason (avoid moving head and find back the next line unconditionally instead of skip one or read the same).

And the scrolling complainers ? let them be. But remove the white vertical space. Now 50% is gained. Haha. :rolleyes:

What an endeavor ...

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

1 minute ago, PeterSt said:

And Chris, outside of anything else ... I like the width. Let me be the only one, but I certainly agree with all the experts. Newspaper columns are small for the same reason (avoid moving head and find back the next line unconditionally instead of skip one or read the same).

And the scrolling complainers ? let them be. But remove the while vertical space. Now 50% is gained. Haha. :rolleyes:

What an endeavor ...

Thanks Peter.

One follow up Peter. how could I ever forget this post of yours, just hours after the last site upgrade - 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

1 minute ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Signature are still here. Correct, no iOS / Android apps right now and no immediate plans for it.

Thanks Jud. I know I can't please everyone, but it's nice to please at least some people :~)

The new width, etc., works very well on iPhone.  Just a bit disconcerting on iPad / desktops.  As others have mentioned, perhaps the code can be adjusted on-the-fly for wider screens via SS, etc.

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

1 minute ago, Melvin said:

BTW, is there no "preview" option for posts? I normally like to preview before submitting a reply.

It is above the text area, not under it.

XXHighEnd (developer)

1 minute ago, Melvin said:

@The Computer Audiophile .. I was looking for a way to edit a previous Blog entry is all and couldn't seem to find a way.

BTW, is there no "preview" option for posts? I normally like to preview before submitting a reply.

I'll look at the blog editing thing. I believe preview is the little magnifying glass thing in the editing bar. Not the more intuitive. At least you can preview what it will look like on desktop and mobile :~)

See mouse arrow for the Preview (just testing attachments now B|)

CAPreview01.png

Just now, PeterSt said:

See mouse arrow for the Preview (just testing attachments now B|)

CAPreview01.png

Attachments seem to work great now.

XXHighEnd (developer)

There's a notification of topic replies that pops up at the bottom of my screen with a link saying "Show Reply" or "Show Replies."  Clicking it doesn't scroll me to the reply/ies.  Just my browser, or the same for everyone else?

4 minutes ago, Jud said:

I'm seeing your sig - maybe it's a preference setting?

Or are you viewing on mobile?  Not sure I ever saw sigs there.

Ah, yes I was checking the site on my mobile. Tablet and laptop browsers do show them. Only grayed out and a bit difficult to read.

Streamer dCS Network Bridge DAC Chord DAVE Amplifier / DRC Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 Speakers Lindemann BL-10 | JL audio E-sub e110 Head-fi and reference Bakoon HPA-21 | Audeze LCD-3 (f) Power and isolation Dedicated power line | Xentek extreme isolation transformer (1KVA, balanced) | Uptone Audio EtherREGEN + Ferrum Hypsos | Sonore OpticalModule + Uptone Audio UltraCap LPS-1.2 | Jensen CI-1RR Cables Jorma Digital XLR (digital), Grimm Audio SQM RCA (analog), Kimber 8TC + WBT (speakers), custom star-quad with Oyaide connectors (AC), Ferrum (DC) and Ghent (ethernet) Software dCS Mosaic | Tidal | Qobuz

1 minute ago, Jud said:

There's a notification of topic replies that pops up at the bottom of my screen with a link saying "Show Reply" or "Show Replies."  Clicking it doesn't scroll me to the reply/ies.  Just my browser, or the same for everyone else?

Same here. I'm using Chrome right now.

Just now, skatbelt said:

Ah, yes I was checking the site on my mobile. Tablet and laptop browsers do show them. Only grayed out and a bit difficult to read.

Especially longer ones.  It'll encourage brevity and/or more visits to your page, I guess. :)

Just now, The Computer Audiophile said:

I just changed the look of the editing bar on top of the posts. Is this better or worse for you guys?

*Much* better!

4 minutes ago, Jud said:

I just clicked one and it brought me in add a topic mode. But to which one ? But this one was at the right hand bottom side. I also just saw one in the bottom middle and that went to eh ... "that" post. A bit difficult to understand sofar. And when one appears while typing (which just happens) you "type it away".

We'll find out I suppose.

Chrome here.

XXHighEnd (developer)

4 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I just changed the look of the editing bar on top of the posts. Is this better or worse for you guys?

I don't see a difference ? See my attachment a few posts back (about the Preview button). Or maybe that is not what you mean ...

XXHighEnd (developer)