IGNORED

Site Issues, Updates, Changes, and Feedback Thread

Is there a way to know when people are online.  Like the dot in the old version.  It's kind of nice when your following a thread and interacting, or am I missing it?

Computer setup - Roon/Qobuz - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - HIFI Rose 250A Streamer - Emotiva XPA-2 Harbeth P3ESR XD - Rel  R-528 Sub

Comfy Chair - Schitt Jotunheim - Meze Audio Empyrean w/Mitch Barnett's Accurate Sound FilterSet

1 minute ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

On the desktop you have to mouse-over the username. On mobile you have to tap the username. 

Not as convenient. 

Thanks

Computer setup - Roon/Qobuz - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - HIFI Rose 250A Streamer - Emotiva XPA-2 Harbeth P3ESR XD - Rel  R-528 Sub

Comfy Chair - Schitt Jotunheim - Meze Audio Empyrean w/Mitch Barnett's Accurate Sound FilterSet

12 hours ago, mansr said:

Which part of "pain in the ass" do you not understand?

I get the fact that maintaining your own iOS/Android apps is a complete PIA, but I wasn't clear how this related to Tapatalk, but I guess I don't know what's involved to support Tapatalk.

[br]QNAP+ -> Allo DigiOne Signature -> RequisiteAudio D3rs ->  McIntosh C52 -> McIntosh MC-275 MK VI -> Harbeth 30.1's via Roon

I did not go through all 24 pages but on the Home Page, a direct link to the comments would be nice.

QNAP TS453Pro w/QLMS->Netgear Switch->Netgear RAX43 Router->Ethernet (50 ft)->Netgear switch->SBTouch ->SABAJ A10d->Linn Majik-IL (preamp)->Linn 2250->Linn Keilidh; Control Points: iPeng (iPad Air & iPhone); Also: Rega P3-24 w/ DV 10x5; OPPO 103; PC Playback: Foobar2000 & JRiver; Portable: iPhone 12 ProMax & Radio Paradise or NAS streaming; Sony NWZ ZX2 w/ PHA-3; SMSL IQ, Fiio Q5, iFi Nano iDSD BL; Garage: Edifier S1000DB Active Speakers  

On 3/27/2017 at 5:33 PM, Daudio said:

Thanks for looking into this.

I checked each of my Blog posts, where I know I had posted at least one comment reply, and the only one I could see was the very first comment, to the very first post in the Blog, which happened to be by me.

Hope that helps.

Finally getting somewhere with this one. May have a solution ready for implementation by the weekend.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

On 3/26/2017 at 0:06 PM, The Computer Audiophile said:

Ha!

P.S. It's there now :~)

Thanks!

But I can't see other people's equipment - did it not automatically transfer over?

Not only does seeing what a poster have help understand or situate their comments, some had pretty funny comments in there.

I got the digest today by email. At the bottom it says:

"Prefer to stop receiving these emails? Adjust your digest preferences: https://www.computeraudiophile.com/followed/?filter=digest"

Clicking on this leads to a 'Manage Followed Content' page that says "There's nothing here yet" and a series of entries down the side. These seem to be headings and subcategories. OK, the headings are in bold, but I think they could be made a little clearer by indenting the subcategories a little, that might help the presentation.

My main issue with the page, though, is that it's not clear how to stop receiving these emails.

LMS on Odroid XU4; HQPlayer on i7-8700; iFi iGalvanic; T+A DAC 8 DSD; Benchmark AHB2; Quad ESL 2805s + two Acoustic Energy subs.

The green tab in the top right of well liked posts is rendered on top of the menu bar as it scrolls past. Looks kind of odd. I'm guessing some CSS z-index property needs tweaking.

Speaking of the persistent menu bar, it's mostly a waste of space. I'd much rather see the bar with search, notifications, etc in its place. Those I actually click on from time to time.

52 minutes ago, mansr said:

Speaking of the persistent menu bar, it's mostly a waste of space. I'd much rather see the bar with search, notifications, etc in its place. Those I actually click on from time to time.

+1

I made a similar point earlier

LMS on Odroid XU4; HQPlayer on i7-8700; iFi iGalvanic; T+A DAC 8 DSD; Benchmark AHB2; Quad ESL 2805s + two Acoustic Energy subs.

56 minutes ago, mansr said:

I am not a fan of the Big Black Block (BBB) either. But I agree with the previous poster on the value of the smaller bar with Search, Profile, etc. (like we had before).

Reminds me of an issue: I'm having: When one is inside a thread, reading and scrolling through posts, once one gets down away from the top of the page, there is nothing onscreen to indicate What Thread one is in. Usually no problem, But, whether it is a phone call, family, pets, other interruption, day dreaming, or a Senior Moment, it is very easy to come back to the list of posts and forget what thread one is reading, and thus one has to scroll all the way up to the top of the page to see the thread title. At my age and distractability, this happens all too frequently :(

With the old CA, I would glance up at the address/url bar at the top of the browser(Firefox) window and see the thread title in the last part of the current URL. Problem solved. But not anymore. Is it the 3 little icons and the "Audiophile Style LLC(US)" that is now taking up that space, or a different URL construction ? I'm not sure, but it is more then a little problem for me.

Perhaps that annoying, jumping, persistent BBB could be enlisted to serve a useful purpose. And maybe put on a diet in the process :)

Is anyone else bothered by the "What Thread is This ?" problem ??

6 minutes ago, Daudio said:

I would be, except that in my case my browser (Firefox on Ubuntu) gives the window title at the very top of the browser window as the thread title.

8 minutes ago, Daudio said:

I am not a fan of the Big Black Block (BBB) either. But I agree with the previous poster on the value of the smaller bar with Search, Profile, etc. (like we had before).

Reminds me of an issue: I'm having: When one is inside a thread, reading and scrolling through posts, once one gets down away from the top of the page, there is nothing onscreen to indicate What Thread one is in. Usually no problem, But, whether it is a phone call, family, pets, other interruption, day dreaming, or a Senior Moment, it is very easy to come back to the list of posts and forget what thread one is reading, and thus one has to scroll all the way up to the top of the page to see the thread title. At my age and distractability, this happens all too frequently :(

With the old CA, I would glance up at the address/url bar at the top of the browser(Firefox) window and see the thread title in the last part of the current URL. Problem solved. But not anymore. Is it the 3 little icons and the "Audiophile Style LLC(US)" that is now taking up that space, or a different URL construction ? I'm not sure, but it is more then a little problem for me.

Perhaps that annoying, jumping, persistent BBB could be enlisted to serve a useful purpose. And maybe put on a diet in the process :)

The tab/window title is the thread title. It is also part of the URL although it might be truncated if your address field is short.

27 minutes ago, mansr said:

The tab/window title is the thread title. It is also part of the URL although it might be truncated if your address field is short.

Yes, it is enough to hover on browser tab with mouse. Windows/Firefox in my case.

58dbc26b28751_2017-03-2916_17_46-TheNewCAIssuesandFeedbackThread-Page24-GeneralForum-ComputerAudio.thumb.png.b2e7a77ef3cd80ccd1235f8692581a08.png

i7 11850H + RTX A2000 Win11 HQPlayer ► Topping HS02 ► 2x iFi iSilencer ► SMSL D300 ► DIY headamp DHA1 ► HiFiMan HE-500
17 minutes ago, mansr said:

That is what I said !

Plus, it is that same damn browser that I was using before the change-over !

It is also the title of the Tab, but my tabs are very short (~ 1") due to the high number of them I maintain. I now see that if I hover over the tab long enough, a tool-tip type box shows up with the full title. Useable, but could be better...

3 minutes ago, Daudio said:

That is what I said !

Plus, it is that same damn browser that I was using before the change-over !

It is also the title of the Tab, but my tabs are very short (~ 1") due to the high number of them I maintain. I now see that if I hover over the tab long enough, a tool-tip type box shows up with the full title. Useable, but could be better...

The title is in roughly the same place in the URL as before. My Firefox shows the entire URL with room to spare, and the window isn't even the full width of the monitor. The thread title is also shown in the window title bar at the very top. Does your browser not have one of those?