IGNORED

A Great all in one system for Roon the LC50 wireless speaker pair + sub

People sometimes ask me for a great all in one system that works with Roon. Quite a few of my customs have come up with this solution so I decided to pass it on.

The KEF LC50 wireless speaker pair has a USB input and a 24/129 DAC built is as well as a 230W amp. Both speakers have their own amps and you connect them to each other with a Cat5 cable.

KEF LS50 Wireless - International

All you need to do is attach a microRendu to the USB input and you have a complete Roon Ready system.

https://www.smallgreencomputer.com/collections/music-players/products/microrendu

The LC50 wireless costs twice as much as the standard LC50 but it includes DSP functionality that can be controlled via an iPhone app. You can attach a sub to the LC50 wireless and configure the DSP to send bass to it.

KEF R400b Subwoofer - International

People have told me the LC50 wireless + R400b sub + microRendu combination sounds almost as good as the Kef BLADE a much more expensive pair speakers.

agillis

Small Green Computer

http://www.smallgreencomputer.com/

LS50. I'm guessing there is a reason you used lc50?

Sent from my JAZZ using Tapatalk

I'm guessing it is called a typo or spellcheck error.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

The same mistake/error was made on Roon's forum

Computer setup - Roon/Qobuz - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - HIFI Rose 250A Streamer - Emotiva XPA-2 Harbeth P3ESR XD - Rel  R-528 Sub

Comfy Chair - Schitt Jotunheim - Meze Audio Empyrean w/Mitch Barnett's Accurate Sound FilterSet

• 2 months later...
On 3/17/2017 at 4:35 PM, agillis said:

People sometimes ask me for a great all in one system that works with Roon. Quite a few of my customs have come up with this solution so I decided to pass it on.

The KEF LC50 wireless speaker pair has a USB input and a 24/129 DAC built is as well as a 230W amp. Both speakers have their own amps and you connect them to each other with a Cat5 cable.

KEF LS50 Wireless - International

All you need to do is attach a microRendu to the USB input and you have a complete Roon Ready system.

https://www.smallgreencomputer.com/collections/music-players/products/microrendu

The LC50 wireless costs twice as much as the standard LC50 but it includes DSP functionality that can be controlled via an iPhone app. You can attach a sub to the LC50 wireless and configure the DSP to send bass to it.

KEF R400b Subwoofer - International

People have told me the LC50 wireless + R400b sub + microRendu combination sounds almost as good as the Kef BLADE a much more expensive pair speakers.

Andrew, other than plugging the mR into a wireless extender is there any way you can think of that can make the mR wireless?  I like the wireless option of the LS50 in that I can bring it outside.  It would be nice to use the mR in this capacity.  Also, have you encountered any similar products to the LS50?