IGNORED

MRendu + Crossover cable

A friend of mine suggested connecting my Zuma computer server to the MRendu directly, with a crossover cable. The theory is that taking the network router and/or an internet switch out of the equation would improve sound quality by reducing sources of digital noise.

Has anyone ever tried this? Is it safe (i.e., is there a danger that the power wires will fry either the MRendu or my computer?)

If it is safe, it would be fun to see if it improves SQ -- or even works. Thanks. -- David

A friend of mine suggested connecting my Zuma computer server to the MRendu directly, with a crossover cable. The theory is that taking the network router and/or an internet switch out of the equation would improve sound quality by reducing sources of digital noise.

Has anyone ever tried this? Is it safe (i.e., is there a danger that the power wires will fry either the MRendu or my computer?)

If it is safe, it would be fun to see if it improves SQ -- or even works. Thanks. -- David

you shouldn't need a cross-over cable. there's huge thread on this: http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f10-music-servers/novel-way-massively-improve-sq-sms-200-and-microrendu-31110/

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100