IGNORED

Headphones Caught Fire on Plane

The article mentioned that the flight attendant poured a bucket of water on the burning headphones. That was probably expedient but could have caused more problems. Lithium batteries are not safe when mixed with water.

"The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought", Sir Thomas Beecham. 

I saw that this morning. Another exploding hover board scenario. Also, a young girl was just killed in a house fire caused by a hover board battery.

Remember that Lithium is one up in the periodic table Alkalis from Sodium, and pure Sodium metal burns (oxidizes) violently in water! I know that one from fun in High School chemistry.

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/15/2017 at 9:49 AM, dalethorn said:

I'm puzzled - the media who can tell us so many national security secrets can't tell us which brand exploded? Really?

Not puzzling at all. Many countries have defamation laws that are less media-friendly than the USA, and defending a libel suit can be prohibitively expensive for small media players.

Office: MacBook Pro - Audirvana Plus - Resonessence Concero - Cavailli Liquid Carbon - Sennheiser HD 800.

Travel/Portable: iPhone 7 or iPad Pro - AudioQuest Dragonfly Red - Audeze SINE or Noble Savant

Just now, burnspbesq said:

Not puzzling at all. Many countries have defamation laws that are less media-friendly than the USA, and defending a libel suit can be prohibitively expensive for small media players.

That's the *official* story.  But where are the leaks?  How can this be a secret?