IGNORED

IFI Nano Iusb3.0 doesn't see the Dac....why?

A new Ifi Nano Iusb3.0 plugged between my MBP retina and my Dac (xmos usb input) doesn't work. The 5v row supply the dac but the mac doesn't see it at all. Two different macs, left and right usb ports, various usb cables and...nothing. Any suggestion? USB 3.0 issue?

thanks guys!

The dac is xmos based. I use it with a light speed usb (double head) and the 5v line is ok, I can use it just like a power supply.

But I tried a wireworld starlight and others normal cables and the output 5v+data crash or slow down the mac...

The dac is xmos based. I use it with a light speed usb (double head) and the 5v line is ok, I can use it just like a power supply.

But I tried a wireworld starlight and others normal cables and the output 5v+data crash or slow down the mac...

Can you please list the DAC(s)? Also, have you tried power cycling the Mac, and have you tried the switch in "on" instead of "auto" on the Nano?

Yes I did it several times. I tried "on" and "auto". The dac are Aqua Formula and Audio Analogue Vivace, various usb cables...

I had a similar problem with a Mac Mini -> Schiit Wyrd -> Gungnir MB just yesterday. I have a 10 port USB 3 hub hanging off the Mini. I moved some cables around to test out an iFi iLink. When I put the USB connection back into the Gumby, the Mac didn't see the port. When I rebooted the Mac, it wouldn't boot!!! It just hung after the initial power up chime. While this was happening, I disconnected the USB cable and the Mini booted.

Thinking I was on to something, I plugged the host end of the USB cable into the 10 port hub. The "link" light just flashed at about 1pps. Odd. With the USB cable still plugged in, I powered down the Gumby AND pulled the power plug. After about 20 seconds, the blinking light came on solid. I powered up the Gumby, and the Mac "saw" it again.

The Gumby does not use XMOS, so I don't know if this will help. I can't think of anything else to suggest at this point.

What does the computer (applications > Audio MIDI setup) show as "output" is the iTube blocking computer to DAC chain, is the computer recognizing your DAC with the Itube in the chain?

In any dispute the intensity of feeling is inversely proportional to the value of the issues at stake ~ Sayre's Law

• 1 month later...