IGNORED

Roon Hardware Question

On 4/9/2017 at 5:01 PM, Arcus said:

I don't feel I'll lose any quality if I connect Transporter USB output to the upcoming ISO Regen w/ LPS-1 and have that connected to the LS50's. Does that make sense or am I misreading the ISO Regen's function?

The Transporter doesn't have USB output. Or input. 

54 minutes ago, daverich4 said:

The Transporter doesn't have USB output. Or input. 

LOL. You're right! I just assumed it did since it has everything else. Oh well, that changes things a little. I guess I'll try optical from both the Transporter and the Hifiberry w/ LPS-1 and see how that sounds. I wonder if an sMS-200/ISO Regen would be better?

Hi Arcus,

I was lucky enough to visit the KEF factory a week or so ago and hear the LS50's in the flesh. They sounded fantastic and all those present were astounded at the enormous sound they produced in such a large room.

I previously owned the original LS50 and loved them and was surprised how good the active versions sounded v's my then naim 272/250DR system.

Ron Locke from KEF confirmed roon would soon be added which is great news.

In my view they are a bargain!!!

Innuos Zenith SE (Roon Core) > Curious USB/Upton ISO REGEN +LPS-1/USPCB> Chord Hugo TT > ATC SCM 40A

2 minutes ago, flummoxe said:

Hi Arcus,

I was lucky enough to visit the KEF factory a week or so ago and hear the LS50's in the flesh. They sounded fantastic and all those present were astounded at the enormous sound they produced in such a large room.

I previously owned the original LS50 and loved them and was surprised how good the active versions sounded v's my then naim 272/250DR system.

In my view they are a bargain!!!

Thanks for the info! That's great to hear on all accounts :)
Once Roon is added, I should be all set in that room. 

26 minutes ago, flummoxe said:

That's great news. I've been thinking about buying these, but (aside from the fact that in Canada they cost $3,000) lack of Roon integration has been holding me back. That sounds pretty definitive.

• 2 weeks later...

FYI, I got my LS50W speakers a week ago and have kept them running since then. I also added a Sumiko S.9 sub at the same time although the bass from these little speakers is impressive.

Currently feeding them from the Transporter using toslink (limited to 96K) and anxiously awaiting built-in Roon support so I won't need the Transporter.

I love these speakers!