IGNORED

Need help identifying what the sound difference between these two audio files is.

I am trying to figure out if there is a term for the difference in audio quality between these two versions of the same song. The second version sounds significantly more rich and full, for lack of a more specific description, than the first version. I'd also like to know what is responsible for the difference. Is it something to do with particular frequencies being to high or low? Is it related to audio channels? Etc.

I specifically need to know what the term is because there is another song that has the same "hollow" sort of sound to it that the 1st upload below has, which I'm trying to compensate for. If I know the term, I might be able to see if and/or how I can fix it.

The two versions are listed below:

1st version/Low Quality

2nd vesion/High Quality

Thanks in advance for any help!

I am trying to figure out if there is a term for the difference in audio quality between these two versions of the same song. The second version sounds significantly more rich and full, for lack of a more specific description, than the first version. I'd also like to know what is responsible for the difference. Is it something to do with particular frequencies being to high or low? Is it related to audio channels? Etc.

I specifically need to know what the term is because there is another song that has the same "hollow" sort of sound to it that the 1st upload below has, which I'm trying to compensate for. If I know the term, I might be able to see if and/or how I can fix it.

The two versions are listed below:

1st version/Low Quality

2nd vesion/High Quality

Thanks in advance for any help!

Just a quick listen. I think mainly the Low Quality version is several decibels quieter. The High Quality version is louder. If you don't compensate they sound much more different than if you get the sound level the same on each.

Now they also are different recordings so what is different? The high quality version is off the album. The low quality version was recorded in the studio where they make the album for video. Why would that matter? The album recording probably had them in vocal isolation booths recording individually and building the track. The video is them all in a big studio room at once and singing all at once. You get more room sound, you get bleed over from one mike to the next that you don't get when vocalists are separated. You get comb filtering from the multiple mikes. If the song you wish to fix has this and added reverb that isn't something you can remove after the fact. The room sound and comb filtering would be described as a hollow quality.

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality.