IGNORED

Fidelizer with JPLAY and JRiver Media Center

Anyone running these together? I have Fidelizer running with JRiver MC 21. Sound quality is excellent.

What would I gain by adding JPLAY? Is it worth €99?

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile

what's your system? what computer are you using for jriver?

i'd suggest audiophile optimizer -- i got a nice bump from it.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100
  • 3 weeks later...

If you could use the jplay driver, along with Kernel Streaming driver, and Hibernation mode, I think you would like the result.  I am using Jplay Streamer and the results are pretty good.  Not sure if Hibernation mode would work using JRMC.  Jplay has a trial which is fully functional as far as I know, so you could give it a try. 

HD-PLEX LPS > SLK (Chinese) DC Power Cable > Mac Mini 2012 (Uptone MMK / SnakeOil OS) > LPS-1 > UpTone ISO Regen > USPCB > Chord Mojo > WireWorld Nano-Silver Eclipse > AudioEngine A2+

fidelizer is a different decision as fidelizer works to optimize the audio processing in the computer independent of the player software.

i tried jplay with jriver on a caps v3 server.  jplay is pretty cpu intensive so you would need a reasonably powered computer to take full advantage of jplay's features (the atom in the caps v3 just wouldn't do it).

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100
On 3/23/2017 at 8:26 PM, jcn3 said:

fidelizer is a different decision as fidelizer works to optimize the audio processing in the computer independent of the player software.

i tried jplay with jriver on a caps v3 server.  jplay is pretty cpu intensive so you would need a reasonably powered computer to take full advantage of jplay's features (the atom in the caps v3 just wouldn't do it).

That was true few years back, but the latest version with UltraStream Engine has very low CPU/RAM requirements

JPLAY & JCAT Founder