IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3 (official thread)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hi

i have create a script for mp3tag to download last.fm tags and it create keywords and mood field

is there a way to let a+ read these field?

or should i change keywords and mood tag to other name tag so a+ can read and i can perform a search?

thanks

iMac sierra 10.12.6, mabook pro sierra 10.12.6 , iphone 6S

On 11/26/2017 at 10:12 AM, steveoat said:

Support for Deezer.

Now that Deezer is available for windows and the mac, are you planning on offering deezer support?

+1

Late 2012 Mac Mini > Audirvana+3 > iFi Zen Stream > Heimdall 2 USB >  iFi iDSD Micro BL > Pass Labs INT-30A > DeVore The Nines! + REL Strata III

Well-Tempered Amadeus Benz ACE SL > Pass Labs XOno

"Water is the most critical resource issue of our lifetime and our children's lifetime. The health of our waters is the principal measure of how we live on the land." - Luna Leopold

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have occasionally experienced similar behaviour, more frequently with streaming from Qobuz but also with local files - a track seems to stick at about 2-3 seconds from the end and a high pitched tone is sent to the speakers unless/until I manually select the next track.  I had assumed it was only happening in my set up where I have to stick with running Yosemite.

David

MacMini, Mytek Manhattan I DAC, Avantone The Abbey Monitors, Roon

Using A+ iOS remote, I’ve had another issue where it’d play few seconds of a Tidal Masters song and skip to the next on its own...and pausing a song, then hitting the same icon re-starts the song from zero not from its previous position... and using the volume slider is extremely finicky and unintuitive...if you immediately start A+ MacOS app using login items, it does not discover Upnp network players, and the list continues...

I love A+, it’s SQ and HiFi streaming support, and vast configuration is amazing, but it requires a better effort on UI and bug fixes which apparently may happen with the Windows version and hope it carries over to MacOS and iOS.

The best approach IMHO is to email the dev directly with concern, improvements, bug fixes... or post in the A+ forum and hope the dev reads the post regarding bugs.

I am still on Mavericks and nerver had an issue like that.

Audirvana works perfect here.

just wonder why it does not offer the gestion of convolution

Windows PC server/ Target PC Diretta / Audirvana/ DAC W4S 10th anniversary/ Jadis DA60 / Wilson Audio Sophia 

13 hours ago, spammythepig said:

Running Audirvana 3.2.6 on iMac OS 10.13.3 

Love my Audirvana, sounds great. But it very frequently PAUSES with about 3 seconds left in a track and won't proceed to the next song on the playlist. Cannot find the reason. Does anyone else have this problem and is there a fix? Thanks in advance.

I had this problem a long time ago when I had the Zodiac Gold DAC, I believe this problem is system/DAC dependent. I never experienced this pausing at end of tracks problem again since I changed my DAC.
I remember experimenting with the "spl rate switching latency" value, and it seemed to help sometimes. Can't be sure but you can try it yourselves, maybe 1.5s-2s may do it.

Good luck.

mevdinc.com (My autobiography)
Recently sold my ATC EL 150 Actives!

@damien, when I finish my listening I leave my Mac to go into Sleep mode with Audirvana still running but in Stop position.
I use the Audirvana Remote app to wakeup my MAC, it works every time but unfortunately, Audirvana always fails to connect to my TIDAL account.
I end up using my Laptop with screen share to quit and restart Audirvana and it connects to TIDAL fine.

My question; is there way you can allow us via the App to get rid of the error "cannot connect to TIDAL" and reconnect to TIDAL or even simply allow us to restart Audirvana on the MAC via the App?
Any suggestions/solutions would be great to get rid of this little but very annoying problem. :)

Otherwise, I'm enjoying the player and it works very well.

Many thanks.

Mev

1 hour ago, mevdinc said:

@damien, when I finish my listening I leave my Mac to go into Sleep mode with Audirvana still running but in Stop position.
I use the Audirvana Remote app to wakeup my MAC, it works every time but unfortunately, Audirvana always fails to connect to my TIDAL account.
I end up using my Laptop with screen share to quit and restart Audirvana and it connects to TIDAL fine.

My question; is there way you can allow us via the App to get rid of the error "cannot connect to TIDAL" and reconnect to TIDAL or even simply allow us to restart Audirvana on the MAC via the App?
Any suggestions/solutions would be great to get rid of this little but very annoying problem. :)

Otherwise, I'm enjoying the player and it works very well.

Many thanks.

Mev

I put my Mac to sleep all the time with a+ in "stop" mode. Never seen this error message. Never had an issue reconnecting to tidal.  Maybe repair disk permissions? 

1 hour ago, buonassi said:

I put my Mac to sleep all the time with a+ in "stop" mode. Never seen this error message. Never had an issue reconnecting to tidal.  Maybe repair disk permissions? 

Certainly, my problem seems very odd but it only happens when my Mac is woken up by the Remote App. It's like Audirvana reconnects to TIDAL but fails due to network not being ready yet! And then Audirvana sits with the error pop up window waiting for the user to click on OK.
Even then Audirvana doesn't try to reconnect, it remains unconnected to TIDAL.
I end up quitting and restarting Audirvana, then it connects to TIDAL fine. 

14 hours ago, mevdinc said:

Certainly, my problem seems very odd but it only happens when my Mac is woken up by the Remote App. It's like Audirvana reconnects to TIDAL but fails due to network not being ready yet! And then Audirvana sits with the error pop up window waiting for the user to click on OK.
Even then Audirvana doesn't try to reconnect, it remains unconnected to TIDAL.

The iOS app and/or the MacOS app have varying network connectivity issues. I stopped putting my Mac to sleep because of your exact issue but is a shame because it could be drawing anywhere from 11W to 85W when not used.

I also get very similar behaviour, where after my Mac mini headless starts, (I have it set to re-start daily automatically), and A+ app is enabled to start automatically in “login items”, A+ cannot connect to Tidal, nor does it discover my Upnp players. Even going in the A+ iOS “Settings->Network Audio Device” does not force it to re-connect in either remote of desktop app!

Ive reached out to Damien, and he confirmed that when A+ MacOs app is started this way, A+ does not have network connectivity, so I wrote a small AppleScript to delay the start of the A+ macOs app and suggested to the dev to add re-connect logic, either a periodic check, and/or forced check using the “change audio device”.

Come to think about it, i will investigate a script to re-launch A+ MacOs app after sleepO.o if I get something working I’ll share it here. Even with all the quirks and bugs, this is the best HiFi Mac app I’ve ever used to date for a reasonable price B|

PS: after searching most forums, I would email the dev as I doubt he routinely checks the various forums. 

before I spend money on this program, I have a question about the AU (Audio Units) Plugin settings.

I have no desire always to go into the prefs/settings menu to make changes in my AU settings.

I also want the AU always be visible from start  like in PureMusic. The AU should stay always visible (by request)without the ugly Audirvana menu-graph.

For "direct access" make a AU button directly in the Player-Window or Menu Bar!

15 hours ago, mevdinc said:

....snip

When you "end up quitting and restarting Audirvana" do you physically have to go to your desktop A+ and restart or are you "swiping away" Audirvana+ Remote and restarting the iOS App?

I am a new user of A+ and have experienced the same hangups. I'm trying to figure out the quickest way to get things running again.

"The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought", Sir Thomas Beecham. 

As a new user and purchaser of A+ v. 3.2.6 (3127) and A+ Remote, I was wondering what is the most expedient way of getting information on this player. I see that Audirvana has its own forums, and there is this thread and various others on CA. What have the more experienced users found?

No player is perfect and sometimes all you want to know is "is this normal behavior?" until the bugs are worked out. Case in point, is the previous 'waking on LAN via A+ Remote' posts - I thought I was doing something wrong.

"The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought", Sir Thomas Beecham. 

3 hours ago, rodrigaj said:

When you "end up quitting and restarting Audirvana" do you physically have to go to your desktop A+ and restart or are you "swiping away" Audirvana+ Remote and restarting the iOS App?

I am a new user of A+ and have experienced the same hangups. I'm trying to figure out the quickest way to get things running again.

I connect to my Mac Mini with screen-share via my MacBook Air, and yes, I mean quitting and restarting A+ on the Mini not the Remote.

So, I don't have to physically go to my Mac Mini to restart A+ but it would be nice to be able to quit/restart A+ via the Remote app.

4 hours ago, Aboulfad said:

The iOS app and/or the MacOS app have varying network connectivity issues. I stopped putting my Mac to sleep because of your exact issue but is a shame because it could be drawing anywhere from 11W to 85W when not used.

I also get very similar behaviour, where after my Mac mini headless starts, (I have it set to re-start daily automatically), and A+ app is enabled to start automatically in “login items”, A+ cannot connect to Tidal, nor does it discover my Upnp players. Even going in the A+ iOS “Settings->Network Audio Device” does not force it to re-connect in either remote of desktop app!

Ive reached out to Damien, and he confirmed that when A+ MacOs app is started this way, A+ does not have network connectivity, so I wrote a small AppleScript to delay the start of the A+ macOs app and suggested to the dev to add re-connect logic, either a periodic check, and/or forced check using the “change audio device”.

Come to think about it, i will investigate a script to re-launch A+ MacOs app after sleepO.o if I get something working I’ll share it here. Even with all the quirks and bugs, this is the best HiFi Mac app I’ve ever used to date for a reasonable price B|

PS: after searching most forums, I would email the dev as I doubt he routinely checks the various forums. 

Thanks for sharing your experience in detail.

I did guess it was some kind of timing issue. I also have my A+autostart whenever my Mac Mini starts.
I agree, it's important to be able to put my Mac Mini to sleep.

Connection failure to TIDAL is no big deal for me as I also connect to my Mac Mini with MacBook Air via screen-share and simply quit and restart A+ from my laptop.

But I do use the Remote app quite a lot and I thought it would be great to be able to restart A+ from within the app.

1 minute ago, Aboulfad said:

So your A+ on auto-start doesn’t have connectivity issues to Tidal, interesting!

Autostart seems to be OK but I will double check next time to confirm.