IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3 (official thread)

9 hours ago, copy_of_a said:

Unless you‘ve „hacked“ your OS you are listening through Core Audio (in integer mode), not through A+‘s „Direct Mode“. Due to limitations (security ...) of the OS „Direct Mode“ does not work by default on Sierra (and High Sierra).

I can't check as I'm away from home for a few days - my IOS version is the last one that allowed Direct Mode: maybe it is El Capitan not Sierra (1 don't pretend to follow Apple's naming process. Whatever, mine is Direct Mode and Integer Mode 1

Mac Mini - late 2012: core i5/2.5GHz/16GB/2x1TB SSDs/El Capitan, headless - Audirvana optimised, dedicated USB bus - USB Regen - Chord Dave DAC - tri-amped with Bryston amps - PMC/ATC speaker combo. (Detail in my profile.)

hi

may i ask a really stupid question?

i just bought a+ and it's amazing  , the output is amazing

my question why is a+ output quality so high? what does it make so great? izotope ?

i mean i have compared to itunes and to windows musicbee & aimp4 (they use an amazing sound engine) or better then foobar or the really amazing jappanese bug head  program?

thanks

iMac sierra 10.12.6, mabook pro sierra 10.12.6 , iphone 6S

32 minutes ago, gaia said:

hi

may i ask a really stupid question?

i just bought a+ and it's amazing  , the output is amazing

my question why is a+ output quality so high? what does it make so great? izotope ?

i mean i have compared to itunes and to windows musicbee & aimp4 (they use an amazing sound engine) or better then foobar or the really amazing jappanese bug head  program?

thanks

as a starting point: http://www.amr-audio.co.uk/large_image/MAC OSX audio players & Integer Mode.pdf

Mac Mini, HQPlayer | iFi Zenstream (NAA) | Intona 7055-B | Singxer SDA-6 pro | Vincent SV237 | Buchardt S400 | SPL Phonitor One | Beyer DT1990pro | Avantone Pro Planar II
Desktop: Audirvana Origin | Intona 7054 | SMSL M500MKII | Pro-Ject Stereo Box S | Aperion Novus B5 Bookshelf | Lehmann Rhinelander | Beyer DT700proX

I seem to be unable to get Audirvana 3.1.7 or 3.1.6 under macOS  High Sierra (10.13.1).

I start with a completely new library, import my whole library or just a couple of tracks and I do get to see the Album artworks but unable to switch to Tracks view. Also double clicking on an Album doesn't show tracks.

Going from Albums to Tracks shows a blank grey screen. After this the app sometimes crashes and them would always crash on restart, until a new library is created.

Yet playback seems to be working and you can skip to next track.

v2.6.6 works fine.

Has anyone experienced this?

New to the forum but not the site...I've been using Fidelia for a long time and just switched to Audirvana, well almost, because I want to listen to DSD etc. and...Fidelia RIP. I'm just surprised I can't manipulate the the AU inputs like EQ in A+ during playback. Maybe it's just the demo? I'm used to listening to dozens of different genres, recording sources, and file types during a listening session and all require some tweaking of the EQ while playing, especially when switching between headphones and vintage gear. 

Maybe most of you set your settings on Audirvana and then tweak it on your systems? That may work after I know this software but right now I need to change at least EQ settings as I listen. I'm thinking the answer may be due to the complexities vis a vis the vagaries of the nature of computer science it just can't be done ;)

Any help is appreciated because so far I love it. Thanks Damien!

6 hours ago, thebrewer said:

New to the forum but not the site...I've been using Fidelia for a long time and just switched to Audirvana, well almost, because I want to listen to DSD etc. and...Fidelia RIP. I'm just surprised I can't manipulate the the AU inputs like EQ in A+ during playback. Maybe it's just the demo? I'm used to listening to dozens of different genres, recording sources, and file types during a listening session and all require some tweaking of the EQ while playing, especially when switching between headphones and vintage gear. 

Maybe most of you set your settings on Audirvana and then tweak it on your systems? That may work after I know this software but right now I need to change at least EQ settings as I listen. I'm thinking the answer may be due to the complexities vis a vis the vagaries of the nature of computer science it just can't be done ;)

Have you enabled the "Realtime setting" option that is at the bottom of the Audio units page in the Audirvana Plus preferences?

Please note that this works only for local audio devices for now (not UPnP/DLNA ones).

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

2 hours ago, damien78 said:

Have you enabled the "Realtime setting" option that is at the bottom of the Audio units page in the Audirvana Plus preferences?

Please note that this works only for local audio devices for now (not UPnP/DLNA ones).

and only for PCM without upsampling or with upsampling to higher PCM rates. it doesn't work in realtime when upsamling to DSD...

Mac Mini, HQPlayer | iFi Zenstream (NAA) | Intona 7055-B | Singxer SDA-6 pro | Vincent SV237 | Buchardt S400 | SPL Phonitor One | Beyer DT1990pro | Avantone Pro Planar II
Desktop: Audirvana Origin | Intona 7054 | SMSL M500MKII | Pro-Ject Stereo Box S | Aperion Novus B5 Bookshelf | Lehmann Rhinelander | Beyer DT700proX

19 hours ago, thebrewer said:

I have A+ 2.6.8 set up to best recommended settings as per manual, no AUs in the system, and no tweaking between different recordings, and am very happy with the sound - all music sounds great, from heavy rock to simple vocal to classical, though of course limited by the quality of recording -  when badly recorded when it sounds badly recorded (but no less enjoyable if it is good music). If I were to desire EQ I'd stick a DSP unit in the circuit.

Mac Mini - late 2012: core i5/2.5GHz/16GB/2x1TB SSDs/El Capitan, headless - Audirvana optimised, dedicated USB bus - USB Regen - Chord Dave DAC - tri-amped with Bryston amps - PMC/ATC speaker combo. (Detail in my profile.)

Running GMrender within DietPi on multiple RPi3s results in one of these appearing as an available UpNP audio device, but not the others. The one that works has a MamboBerry DAC HAT board, while the others use either USB DACs or the Allo DigiOne, which I prefer. How do I enable SBCs that appear on the network for AirPlay and Roon use, but not A+?

On 11/16/2017 at 3:58 AM, damien78 said:

Ok, now I feel stupid.....yeah that worked!

I have 2 renderers, MSB and Weiss Medus. I can play music through both rendereers when using JRiver Media Center on MAC mini.

When using A+3.x.x (now 3.1.8), I can recognize both renderers.  But when playing music, the time meter goes to 1 sec and skip to the next on the playlist and 1 sec to the next till the last and stop.  Am I missing something in the Preference? I am using Synology as NAS. 

hi

finally i bought a+ , in the past days i have used the trial version

i read the manual but it's silly ,maybe because english is not my native language , but i can't understand some simple task

but how can send from library or search feature multiple albums to play queque (now playing) ?

i mean , sound silly ok , i'm a new osx user very happy , in the past i was a windows user :S:S (foobar and musicbee)

when i used the trial , i have focused my attention to audio quality

1) how can send multiple albums?

here there is a screenshot , should i use a keyborad shortcut or click on the first track never let me...

2) in the search mode , i searched for Anna Calvi

i got 2 albums , how can i send to play ?

thanks you so much

please my english is not very good

Schermata 2017-11-23 alle 08.49.55.png

Schermata 2017-11-23 alle 08.53.22.png

25 minutes ago, gaia said:

hi

finally i bought a+ , in the past days i have used the trial version

i read the manual but it's silly ,maybe because english is not my native language , but i can't understand some simple task

but how can send from library or search feature multiple albums to play queque (now playing) ?

i mean , sound silly ok , i'm a new osx user very happy , in the past i was a windows user :S:S (foobar and musicbee)

when i used the trial , i have focused my attention to audio quality

here there is a screenshot , should i use a keyborad shortcut or click on the first track never let me...

2) in the search mode , i searched for Anna Calvi

i got 2 albums , how can i send to play ?

thanks you so much

please my english is not very good

Schermata 2017-11-23 alle 08.49.55.png

Schermata 2017-11-23 alle 08.53.22.png

Simply drag & drop the album to the play queue, you can repeat for any album, each one will go in the last position in the play queue

Stefano

My audio system

3 hours ago, stefano_mbp said:

Simply drag & drop the album to the play queue, you can repeat for any album, each one will go in the last position in the play queue

Hi

can i do only with drag & drop? (just to know..)

thanks

5 hours ago, gaia said:

When in list view, when you click an artist... click and album then for a second album, use the CMD key on keyboard, then select all those songs and right click with the mouse...

Snapz001.jpg

Snapz002.jpg

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

Does anyone know how to revert to the old 2.x version? I tried the 3.x  upgrade and the trial period is over, but now Audirvana will not open and the old key isn't working. 

Is this the end of the line? I can't open the program at all and don't know how to revert to the old.

Thanks

37 minutes ago, Adacadac said:

Does anyone know how to revert to the old 2.x version? I tried the 3.x  upgrade and the trial period is over, but now Audirvana will not open and the old key isn't working. 

Is this the end of the line? I can't open the program at all and don't know how to revert to the old.

Thanks

Do you still have v.2 and the v.2 license file on your computer? It's a text file with the suffix .audlic