IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3 (official thread)

3 hours ago, Rakker said:

but if I buy a laptop windows installing Tidal connect via usb do I get hi quality sound?

running other programs, then audirvana.

Have a look around on this forum. There is a lot of information on the subject. Roon, for instance, is multi-platform and integrates with Tidal. Let's make this thread about A+ again.

Streamer dCS Network Bridge DAC Chord DAVE Amplifier / DRC Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 Speakers Lindemann BL-10 | JL audio E-sub e110 Head-fi and reference Bakoon HPA-21 | Audeze LCD-3 (f) Power and isolation Dedicated power line | Xentek extreme isolation transformer (1KVA, balanced) | Uptone Audio EtherREGEN + Ferrum Hypsos | Sonore OpticalModule + Uptone Audio UltraCap LPS-1.2 | Jensen CI-1RR Cables Jorma Digital XLR (digital), Grimm Audio SQM RCA (analog), Kimber 8TC + WBT (speakers), custom star-quad with Oyaide connectors (AC), Ferrum (DC) and Ghent (ethernet) Software dCS Mosaic | Tidal | Qobuz

18 minutes ago, HiFiGuy528 said:

Does 3 sound better than 2.6.8 on local files? I don't care for MQA or any streaming features. 

see page 60 in this thread

Mac Mini, HQPlayer | iFi Zenstream (NAA) | Intona 7055-B | Singxer SDA-6 pro | Vincent SV237 | Buchardt S400 | SPL Phonitor One | Beyer DT1990pro | Avantone Pro Planar II
Desktop: Audirvana Origin | Intona 7054 | SMSL M500MKII | Pro-Ject Stereo Box S | Aperion Novus B5 Bookshelf | Lehmann Rhinelander | Beyer DT700proX

1 hour ago, HiFiGuy528 said:

Does 3 sound better than 2.6.8 on local files? I don't care for MQA or any streaming features. 

That depends. Only way to find out is the free trial. If you temporarily uncheck Exclusive Access Mode, you can play the same track simultaneously with multiple versions, pause one version while listening to the other to A/B, then vice versa.

Version 3 really shines with well-mastered content, better imaging and micro-detail than A+ v.2 or HQPlayer with PCM playback. However, poor mastering, sibilance, etc. is revealed just as accurately.

5 hours ago, Rakker said:

So I connect usb hegel h360 , mac and audirvana, but I only get 44.1 48 88.2 96, Not DSD?

very strange.

You have to select Dsd over pcm in options, not automatic detection...

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

Hi all, Just received my updated mRendu with Sonicorbiter 2.5 and the 1.4 board. Plugged everything in: mR via Ethernet cable to router > USB cable to iFi iDSD Nano DAC. The mR shows up in my browser and I did the setup as per the instructions - everything looks fine on the Sonicorbiter screens. Then changed the A+ 3.0.99.9 (3110) preferences to the mR, which shows up fine in the A+ preferences. So far everything looks like the instructions say it should. Then I try to play music. The Optimiser loads, the tracks load.... and nothing happens: A+ shows the right track but the timer stays at 00:00

Help!

2 minutes ago, bnbayer said:

Help!

Go in SonicOrbiter Settings => MPD/DLNA Renderer and click on Save Changes.  Wait for the message MPD/DLNA reconfigured and restarted.  I experienced the exact same thing.

Let me know if this works for you.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

21 minutes ago, rickca said:

Go in SonicOrbiter Settings => MPD/DLNA Renderer and click on Save Changes.  Wait for the message MPD/DLNA reconfigured and restarted.  I experienced the exact same thing.

Let me know if this works for you.

I'm pretty sure I did that as part of the original instructions, but I went back and did it again... in fact almost everything again (old-fashioned 1980s IT support: unplug and replug everything, reboot, etc) This time it's working!

Thanks for your help!

8 minutes ago, bnbayer said:

Thanks for your help!

You're welcome.  I find I need to do this every time there is a break in communication between the microRendu and the DAC due to unplugging cables, recycling power, and so on.  @vortecjr please put a sticky note on your forum.  

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

Got two problems with the latest version (3.0.99.9), running on MBP (v10.12.6) connecting to microRendu which is feeding the built-in KEF LS50W DAC:

1) Getting random crashes with the app terminating. Next time it crashes I will try and capture the crash report.

2) When playing a DSD file Audirvana is not converting to PCM (the KEF tops out at 24/192). I've set the 'Audio System' to 'No DSD' and yet Audirvana appears to be 'seeing' DSD64 and attempts to send that which, of course, doesn't work. 

Any advice appreciated.

Rik

@damien78  and/or  @mansr
… or anyone who knows fur sure…

A short question about the internal processing chain when upsampling to DSD and using AU Plugins.

According to the A+ manual when upsampling to a higher PCM rate the processing chain is:
1.) file loading / decoding
2.) sample rate conversion
3.) AU Plugins (in top to down order)
(4.) loading processed PCM into RAM for playback)

For forced upsampling to DSD the processing chain must be different (since there are no AU Plugins that work at DSD sample rates starting at 2.8MHz).

Am I correct assuming that AU plugins are applied at the source sample rate when we upsample to DSD?
So for DSD is the processing chain looking like this? ->
1.) file loading / decoding
2.) AU Plugins (in top to down order)
3.) sample rate conversion (iZotope) & DSD modulation (SoX)

Many thanks in advance!

Mac Mini, HQPlayer | iFi Zenstream (NAA) | Intona 7055-B | Singxer SDA-6 pro | Vincent SV237 | Buchardt S400 | SPL Phonitor One | Beyer DT1990pro | Avantone Pro Planar II
Desktop: Audirvana Origin | Intona 7054 | SMSL M500MKII | Pro-Ject Stereo Box S | Aperion Novus B5 Bookshelf | Lehmann Rhinelander | Beyer DT700proX

@RikC There is an updated version available ... 3.0.99.10 ... that might help. I'm not sure what all the fixes are in this latest release, so may not fix your issues. Worth a try.

Main System: NAS or QOBUZ > BlueSound Node 2i > Schiit Gungnir MultiBit > PYST XLR > Schiit Mjolnir 2 or Gilmore Lite MK2

Office System: iMac > Audirvana > Schiit EITR + Audiophonics LPS25 > Metrum FLINT NOS DAC (DAC TWO chips) > Schiit Magni 3+ > Aeon Flow Open

Loudspeaker System: NAIM Muso Gen 2

@pit8911 I'm not sure ... but I think you would have to organise your CD set effectively as separate albums in the library and attach the booklet notes to each one as appropriate. I can't think how else one would do it in Audirvana.

Main System: NAS or QOBUZ > BlueSound Node 2i > Schiit Gungnir MultiBit > PYST XLR > Schiit Mjolnir 2 or Gilmore Lite MK2

Office System: iMac > Audirvana > Schiit EITR + Audiophonics LPS25 > Metrum FLINT NOS DAC (DAC TWO chips) > Schiit Magni 3+ > Aeon Flow Open

I just downloaded a free trial version. Thanks to this forum, I'm up and running. Got my favorite album (Ten Years After - A Space In Time) in Hi Res. Listening with Oppo HA-1 and Oppo PM-1 phones and all I can say is wow! Even got some sample DSD files to work. Very informative thread....!!!!

@pit8911 Great 'outside the box' thinking. Thanks for sharing this tip. 

@aspaceintime Remember 'Ten Years After' well ... yes, I got started on CA a year ago and helped me greatly to get going. I tried a few players but Audirvana hit the spot for me. And now, with the ability to stream to network players (in Beta), it's even better.

I got tired of all the hullabaloo you have to go through with Audirvana to get things the way you want them. If you can get there at all. I just tried Roon and am completely blown away with how well it works compared to Audirvana.

Roon playing through my iMac as a core and, temporarily, my MacBook Pro as an output sounds every bit as good as Audirvana. Volume leveling works much better with Roon too. Tidal integration is phenomenal!

Roon is an impressive solution, I agree ... I tried it on their 14 day trial at the outset. It was a close decision at the time. I keep things pretty simple in organising my library (with the help of BLISS) and Audirvana works fine for me. Also, I'll be moving to QOBUZ soon which A+ supports.

I guess it's all a personal thing Scott ... as ever. :)