IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3 (official thread)

50 minutes ago, Nico said:

A+ 3.0.7 is out.

Yes, this is a workaround release, for still displaying as many albums as possible on TIDAL masters, new and genres lists, not waiting for TIDAL to fix the bug on their servers that make wrong/partial replies

Plus the ability to limit to 96kHz the Qobuz Sublime(+) streaming, useful for those with a not too fast Internet connection.

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

Just now, Musicophile said:

@damien78, while we have you here, do you have any plans for an update of the remote app?

Sure... do you have the recipe for the 40 hours day?

Seriously, I'm considering important updates, though not for the very next weeks.

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

2 minutes ago, damien78 said:

Sure... do you have the recipe for the 40 hours day?

Seriously, I'm considering important updates, though not for the very next weeks.

I fully understand that you have to prioritize, but the app is the main UI most of us use everyday. 

Having the same search function on the app as we have on the computer would be amazing.

9 minutes ago, Musicophile said:

I fully understand that you have to prioritize, but the app is the main UI most of us use everyday. 

Having the same search function on the app as we have on the computer would be amazing.

Good idea ;)

24 minutes ago, damien78 said:

Can you reboot and try again?

Fixed with activity monitoring then deleted com.audirvana.audirvana-plus.SysOptimizerTool process then restarted Audirvana.

iMac,Audirvana,Ampli-Dac RME ADI-2, Marantz SA-KI Pearl Lite, Primaluna PLTwo, Sennheiser HD800S e Focal Utopia, Adam S3V.

7 hours ago, damien78 said:

Yes, this is a workaround release, for still displaying as many albums as possible on TIDAL masters, new and genres lists, not waiting for TIDAL to fix the bug on their servers that make wrong/partial replies

Plus the ability to limit to 96kHz the Qobuz Sublime(+) streaming, useful for those with a not too fast Internet connection.

Workaround release or not, it sounds great. Much more solid images and depth than any of the other 3.x releases, at least to my ears. Cheers

13 hours ago, damien78 said:

I'm not giving any promise on the date itself. Only that I'm making good progress.

Though the number of different implementations on the network players side makes it not a very small task...

Thnx for your reply. I can imagine that it is not a simple task. Will you announce the public beta on this forum or do I have to keep an eye on you own website?

Streamer dCS Network Bridge DAC Chord DAVE Amplifier / DRC Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 Speakers Lindemann BL-10 | JL audio E-sub e110 Head-fi and reference Bakoon HPA-21 | Audeze LCD-3 (f) Power and isolation Dedicated power line | Xentek extreme isolation transformer (1KVA, balanced) | Uptone Audio EtherREGEN + Ferrum Hypsos | Sonore OpticalModule + Uptone Audio UltraCap LPS-1.2 | Jensen CI-1RR Cables Jorma Digital XLR (digital), Grimm Audio SQM RCA (analog), Kimber 8TC + WBT (speakers), custom star-quad with Oyaide connectors (AC), Ferrum (DC) and Ghent (ethernet) Software dCS Mosaic | Tidal | Qobuz

17 hours ago, Rezseeker said:

Workaround release or not, it sounds great. Much more solid images and depth than any of the other 3.x releases, at least to my ears. Cheers

I did jump from 3.0.5 to 3.0.7 though so 3.0.6 is the one 3.x version I haven't heard 

On 2017-06-22 at 5:53 PM, wwaldmanfan said:

You can get it here:

http://audirvana.com/delivery/AudirvanaPlus_3.0.6.dmg

Do people really hear SQ differences between these updates?

I wonder the same thing: maybe it's just my ears or my system (a pretty humble one, but maybe especially sensitive somehow). I don't hear a difference between every version, but in the past when I have' I've always done blind tests: lining two versions up, clicking the Finder's sort method a bunch of times, launching one and guessing which it was. I started around 2.2 on versions that seemed to have appreciable differences. I've never been wrong. 3.0.7 is the first version I'm not going to bother checking. The headless mac mini's remote screen's now on another floor.

No idea what's up: A+ code efficiency, memory load, izotope code changes...  I post as a flag to Damien that something good's happening.

How may remotes can one use at a time? I have the remote app on an iPhone and an iPad (and I recall being able to use both at the same time) but now when I pair the iPad remote app, the iPhone gets unpaired. Is that a bug or something new with v3?

3 hours ago, Orko said:

How may remotes can one use at a time? I have the remote app on an iPhone and an iPad (and I recall being able to use both at the same time) but now when I pair the iPad remote app, the iPhone gets unpaired. Is that a bug or something new with v3?

I permanently swtich between iphone and two ipads, no issues with v3 here.

25 minutes ago, Orko said:

Hmm, I tried reinstalling Audirvana but no change. I can only pair one remote at a time. How odd. 

I can't remember for sure but i think you can set up a familly on iPhone and by this set, the other person or iPad or iPhone can use the second downloaded remote app... like for me, my roomate is set as family and can download my puchase and use it on her iPhone for free

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

2 minutes ago, RunHomeSlow said:

I can't remember for sure but i think you can set up a familly on iPhone and by this set, the other person or iPad or iPhone can use the second downloaded remote app... like for me, my roomate is set as family and can download my puchase and use it on her iPhone for free

No, that's not the issue. I already have the app on my iPhone as well as my iPad. The problem is that I can only pair one at a time. It's something like this:

When I pair the iPad, I get the prompt for the on-screen code, I input the code and it's paired.  

Next, I pair the iPhone, get the on-screen code, input the code and it's paired. 

But when I now try to use the iPad, I'm prompted again for the on-screen code. If I re-input this code on the iPad, the iPhone is automatically unpaired. 

Did I manage to explain the issue?

16 minutes ago, Orko said:

No, that's not the issue. I already have the app on my iPhone as well as my iPad. The problem is that I can only pair one at a time. It's something like this:

When I pair the iPad, I get the prompt for the on-screen code, I input the code and it's paired.  

Next, I pair the iPhone, get the on-screen code, input the code and it's paired. 

But when I now try to use the iPad, I'm prompted again for the on-screen code. If I re-input this code on the iPad, the iPhone is automatically unpaired. 

Did I manage to explain the issue?

How many you have in the A+ prefs panel at the bottom?

Snapz001.jpg

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

14 minutes ago, RunHomeSlow said:

How many you have in the A+ prefs panel at the bottom?

Snapz001.jpg

I had only one. I'm saying "had" because I went and deleted the remote apps on the iOS devices and then reinstalled them from the App Store. I also switched off the Apple IR remote setting in the Preferences. I don't know which one worked but now I can control from both the iPhone and the iPad. Yay!

Thank you all for your assistance. 

Sorry for piping in again with another question:

Lately I've noticed that when I tap on a track, it loads Ike it should but there is no audio for the first 2 seconds. It only happens on the first track. The rest of the queued tracks play perfectly. Is there an easy fix for this that I'm missing?

5 minutes ago, Orko said:

Lately I've noticed that when I tap on a track, it loads Ike it should but there is no audio for the first 2 seconds. It only happens on the first track. The rest of the queued tracks play perfectly. Is there an easy fix for this that I'm missing?

Possibly memory caching. Once on the playlist it will cache in order. I suppose that if you skip to another song in the playlist that has not been cached yet then it would take a few seconds to play for the same reason.

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

1 minute ago, miguelito said:

Possibly memory caching. Once on the playlist it will cache in order. I suppose that if you skip to another song in the playlist that has not been cached yet then it would take a few seconds to play for the same reason.

Yes, that is exactly what happens. I was using a 2014 MacBook Pro with 8 GB RAM earlier with no issues. Now I have moved to a dedicated 2012 Mac Mini with 16 GB RAM and have started experiencing this. I would have thought that the extra RAM would ensure such things didn't occur. Is there anything I can do to correct this? 

18 minutes ago, Orko said:

Yes, that is exactly what happens. I was using a 2014 MacBook Pro with 8 GB RAM earlier with no issues. Now I have moved to a dedicated 2012 Mac Mini with 16 GB RAM and have started experiencing this. I would have thought that the extra RAM would ensure such things didn't occur. Is there anything I can do to correct this? 

There's a caching buffer size in the prefs. Additionally, the bandwidth and latency of access to the music files from the mini might be lower/higher (respectively). Try the buffer size first.

If you skip songs like the president tweets, nothing is gonna help you.

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

24 minutes ago, fourstrings1891 said:

This happens every time I try to re-arrange songs in a playlist. Great stuff.

Screen Sharing Picture 26 June 2017 at 19.45.58 GMT+2.png

More playlist craziness...

I drag track 2 and put it between track 4 and 5 (picture 1), and the dragged track disappears and the replaced with the name of track 3 (picture 2)...

How can A+ be so bad at library management? It's repeatable every time. (3.0.7). 

picture 1.png

picture 2.png

I'm getting clipping/distortion/electrical noise that seems to be Audirvana related. I replicated the noise with two different headphones, ruling out a defective headphone as the problem. I also failed to replicate the distortion using iTunes and Tidal app, which leaves only Audirvana. In every configuration, I retained the DragonFly Red AMP/DAC, which doesn't seem to be the problem either.

The distortion seems to occur only when I'm using Audirvana and my MacBook isn't plugged in. Keep in mind that usually it plays perfectly whether or not it's plugged in. The distortion occurs during very loud/dynamic passages in classical music and then sometimes carries over into softer passages. But again as far as I can tell only on Audirvana when my MacBook isn't plugged into an outlet. I'll update if I notice it happening while it's plugged in.

But for now: Is there anything that says that the notebook should be plugged in for optimal performance?