IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3 (official thread)

8 minutes ago, Supperconductor said:

Yes, using the LH Labs Geek Out 1000 with A+ volume set to max 100% and using external pre-amp for volume control. There is no volume control (anymore since latest firmware) on this USB DAC. DSD playback worked fine in A+ 2.x (not sure which version, possibly before Tidal support).

Or was it before the DAC firmware update?

Is there anyone who has the same DAC?

Can you try with Integer mode disabled? If the DAC FW had become incompatible with it, though should not be.

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

On 17. März 2017 at 10:08 AM, Nico said:

Some AudioUnits (e. g. Goodhertz, Ozone6) still don't work in realtime mode over Firewire to Mytek-Stereo192 DAC.

Working over USB - is Firewire no more supported?

I am reporting this problem since A+ 2.5. Someone else with this? (btw works fine in Fidelia over Firewire)

A+ 3.0.6 is out now: Some Audio Units still don't work in realtime mode over Firewire. Fidelia can handle it, but I still like to stay with A+ ....!?

MacMini 2018 OS 10.14 | XLD | Yate | iTunes 10.7 | Audirvana 3.5.50 | RME ADI-2 DAC fs | Bryston BHA-1 | Hifiman Arya

6 minutes ago, Nico said:

A+ 3.0.6 is out now: Some Audio Units still don't work in realtime mode over Firewire. Fidelia can handle it, but I still like to stay with A+ ....!?

A+ manages the DoP 1.1 implementation of the Mytek Stereo 192-DSD. This very mode made for it specifically to play DSD128 while it is limited to 192kHz. And this uses 4 channels for playback, making it incompatible with stereo only AudioUnits in realtime config.

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

4 hours ago, damien78 said:

This is already done: just (re)start Audirvana Plus before leaving.

The license check is done every 2 days. The grace period means only there can be no check during 60 days.

That's great!  Thanks.

I am impressed with the speed of the updates and bug fixes, you must not get much sleep.

No electron left behind.

On ‎24‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 9:18 PM, RunHomeSlow said:

I replaced IOAudioFamily.kext of Sierra 10.12.4 with your nice one of 10.11.6 El Capitan by using Kext Wizard app. It's visual (without commands) and simplest installation procedure. The result is the same. Now Audirvana plays in Direct Mode. Every thing look like perfect include Sierra. Thank you again.

19 hours ago, damien78 said:

A+ manages the DoP 1.1 implementation of the Mytek Stereo 192-DSD. This very mode made for it specifically to play DSD128 while it is limited to 192kHz. And this uses 4 channels for playback, making it incompatible with stereo only AudioUnits in realtime config.

@damien78 Thanks for the information. I still don't understand why the mentioned AU's work well with USB 2.0 but don't work with Firewire (both to Mytek 192, PCM only). ) Must be related to FW, no?

MacMini 2018 OS 10.14 | XLD | Yate | iTunes 10.7 | Audirvana 3.5.50 | RME ADI-2 DAC fs | Bryston BHA-1 | Hifiman Arya

3 hours ago, Nico said:

@damien78 Thanks for the information. I still don't understand why the mentioned AU's work well with USB 2.0 but don't work with Firewire (both to Mytek 192, PCM only). ) Must be related to FW, no?

Would need to check, but if DSD128 is not available in USB? this explains.

BTW, have you tried with the option "use as stereo only" activated?

17 minutes ago, damien78 said:

Would need to check, but if DSD128 is not available in USB? this explains.

BTW, have you tried with the option "use as stereo only" activated?

Yes I tried both, "stereo only" and "4 channel" -> same result.

On 4/24/2017 at 3:26 PM, RemiStewart said:

My 'Maximum memory allowed for track pre-load' seems to have stopped working.

I stream DSD256, and usually have around 7-8GB processing the transcoding as seen in Activity Monitor. However since this evening, no matter how high I set the pre-load, it's only allocating 1-2GB and not loading the music quick enough anymore. Is this a problem somebody else has discovered and fixed? Tried resetting the Mac, not sure what else I should be doing.

Ive noticed a problem with lagging dsd 256 playback which was never an issue for me before, I will check and see if my preload is allocating only 1-2gb. it worked no problems at one point for me?

On 25 kwietnia 2017 at 9:08 PM, damien78 said:

This is already done: just (re)start Audirvana Plus before leaving.

The license check is done every 2 days. The grace period means only there can be no check during 60 days.

@damien78 Does the A+ check and sends out the date needed ONLY to check the license or it could add something else?! 

--

Krzysztof Maj

http://mkrzych.wordpress.com/

"Music is the highest form of art. It is also the most noble. It is human emotion, captured, crystallised, encased… and then passed on to others." - By Ken Ishiwata

4 hours ago, Kirbyt said:

Ive noticed a problem with lagging dsd 256 playback which was never an issue for me before, I will check and see if my preload is allocating only 1-2gb. it worked no problems at one point for me?

Thanks for checking. I've managed to pinpoint what is causing the problem. Ever since I'd set my pre-ringing from 150db to 7db, the DSD256 stream had only been able to load 5 seconds every 10 seconds or so. It begins to load at around the same speed of the song once set at 16db. If I increase pre-ringing to maximum at 200db, it loads very quickly.

Is it normal behaviour for low pre-ringing to have an adverse effect on the transcoding speed?

4 hours ago, mkrzych said:

@damien78 Does the A+ check and sends out the date needed ONLY to check the license or it could add something else?! 

Not Damien, but I'd suppose just like it's done for years it would do a check for whether you have the latest available update and ask whether you want to install it.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

1 hour ago, RemiStewart said:

Thanks for checking. I've managed to pinpoint what is causing the problem. Ever since I'd set my pre-ringing from 150db to 7db, the DSD256 stream had only been able to load 5 seconds every 10 seconds or so. It begins to load at around the same speed of the song once set at 16db. If I increase pre-ringing to maximum at 200db, it loads very quickly.

Is it normal behaviour for low pre-ringing to have an adverse effect on the transcoding speed?

I think you are talking about the steepness setting rather than pre-ringing, right?

This is sheer speculation on my part: Since greater steepness more efficiently eliminates aliasing, perhaps lower steepness means the filter has to calculate output for aliases that aren't present with a higher steepness setting, thus taking more time to do so?

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 3:20 PM, damien78 said:

Is there anyone who has the same DAC?

I have a Geek Out.  The next evening or so is busy, but I'll try to check this weekend.

11 minutes ago, Jud said:

I think you are talking about the steepness setting rather than pre-ringing, right?

This is sheer speculation on my part: Since greater steepness more efficiently eliminates aliasing, perhaps lower steepness means the filter has to calculate output for aliases that aren't present with a higher steepness setting, thus taking more time to do so?

Hey Jud, many thanks - I appreciate your reply. My mistake and well spotted - my brain isn't working properly this afternoon! 

It is indeed the steepness I was talking about. I was researching the forums and found a few recommendations to use a lower steepness setting for a warmer sound as my current set up is quite bright (Gustard X20 Pro > IFI ICAN Pro > Sennheiser HD800S). Have I been doing the right thing with the steepness setting to try to reduce the harsher frequencies slightly?

Just now, RemiStewart said:

Hey Jud, many thanks - I appreciate your reply. My mistake and well spotted - my brain isn't working properly this afternoon! 

It is indeed the steepness I was talking about. I was researching the forums and found a few recommendations to use a lower steepness setting for a warmer sound as my current set up is quite bright (Gustard X20 Pro > IFI ICAN Pro > Sennheiser HD800S). Have I been doing the right thing with the steepness setting to try to reduce the harsher frequencies slightly?

These filter parameters are all interactive.  Lower steepness may start cutting a little earlier, yes.  Something else you can try in addition to or instead of this is reducing the cut-off to, for example, .97 Nyquist or some other value lower than 1.00.

What is your pre-ringing setting?

1 minute ago, Jud said:

These filter parameters are all interactive.  Lower steepness may start cutting a little earlier, yes.  Something else you can try in addition to or instead of this is reducing the cut-off to, for example, .97 Nyquist or some other value lower than 1.00.

What is your pre-ringing setting?

Thanks, I'll give those suggestions a try. Currently my cutoff is at 1.02 and Pre-Ringing at 0.86

Just now, RemiStewart said:

Thanks, I'll give those suggestions a try. Currently my cutoff is at 1.02 and Pre-Ringing at 0.86

I don't know whether this will affect your perception of brightness at all, but you could try moving the pre-ringing setting closer to or equal to 1 and see whether there's an effect, and if so whether you prefer a higher setting or your original one.

Hello,

Audirvana has SysOptimizer to shut down MAC processes that negatively influence music (we all know). These processes are:

Disable Spotlight
Disable Time Machine
Disable Detection of Devices on USB

So far, after opening Audirvana, I execute a Script of Tie that closes these processes:

Disable All
Disable Termination Daemon
Disable Sleep Mode
Disable Hibernate
Disable Mission Control
Disable Time Machine
Disable Spotlight
Disable Launch Control
Disable Dashboard
Disable Notification Center
Disable NapApp

I have noticed that if I do not execute the Mooring Script the sound is different ... could it be that with the SysOptimizer is enough?

Thanks

Hi Damien,

I use the Apple remote to control Audirvana. I can use the play/pause button but there is no way to stop Audirvana with the Apple remote.

Do you think you could add the ability to stop Audirvana with the central button of the remote in a future release ?

On 4/25/2017 at 9:52 AM, damien78 said:

Just released 3.0.6 update that increases the license check grace period from 14 to 60 days.

Thx @damien78, I think that would work for me.

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

you can download and try it for free (for... 15 days, afair)

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones