IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3 (official thread)

This thing is great. I am glad he compiled it linked to libreadmind.dylib. Works better than any remote control.

He knew you would say that.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

It's been days away for over a week now..... :-(

Patience, Paduwan. ;) (Yes, it is difficult to continue anticipating.)

As I know you realize, it is not as if Damien is holding back. So as soon as it is ready to be released, it will be. (No, I don't know when that will happen.)

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

His website still says end of January. Would be comforting, and perhaps respectful, to receive an updated release date.

With all due respect, do you want it fast, or do you want it right? This isn't even his day job.

It's not like you can't keep using the old version in the meantime.

With all due respect, do you want it fast, or do you want it right? This isn't even his day job.

It's not like you can't keep using the old version in the meantime.

With all due respect, the actual software has been done for a month. The problem is the new key system. That's why this blows even more......

We'll all be happily using it whenever it's ready. I'm not testing any longer, so I'm in the same boat as everyone else.

Posted this content earlier in a wrong thread. Of course, I am also curious what 3.0 will bring but I think Damien and all other music player players in the field will have a big (to big?) challenge because of the latest versions of Roon. In combination with something like a mRendu is not only the most extensive and user friendly but also the best sounding player at this moment. If you don't like software based up-sampling that is. Not strange because there is a large and dedicated team working on it. First being hesitant and a long time A+ adept, I now think Roon is a real revolution in music enjoyment and I can't see sole persons like Damien and Miska keep up. So, I am curious but pessimistic at the same time.

Streamer dCS Network Bridge DAC Chord DAVE Amplifier / DRC Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 Speakers Lindemann BL-10 | JL audio E-sub e110 Head-fi and reference Bakoon HPA-21 | Audeze LCD-3 (f) Power and isolation Dedicated power line | Xentek extreme isolation transformer (1KVA, balanced) | Uptone Audio EtherREGEN + Ferrum Hypsos | Sonore OpticalModule + Uptone Audio UltraCap LPS-1.2 | Jensen CI-1RR Cables Jorma Digital XLR (digital), Grimm Audio SQM RCA (analog), Kimber 8TC + WBT (speakers), custom star-quad with Oyaide connectors (AC), Ferrum (DC) and Ghent (ethernet) Software dCS Mosaic | Tidal | Qobuz

The very high price of Roon limits its growth in the market, no matter how it sounds.

I don't think this is true. We spend thousands of dollars on components and we also used to spend a lot on source material. Compared to this the price of Roon is very, very decent.

Streamer dCS Network Bridge DAC Chord DAVE Amplifier / DRC Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 Speakers Lindemann BL-10 | JL audio E-sub e110 Head-fi and reference Bakoon HPA-21 | Audeze LCD-3 (f) Power and isolation Dedicated power line | Xentek extreme isolation transformer (1KVA, balanced) | Uptone Audio EtherREGEN + Ferrum Hypsos | Sonore OpticalModule + Uptone Audio UltraCap LPS-1.2 | Jensen CI-1RR Cables Jorma Digital XLR (digital), Grimm Audio SQM RCA (analog), Kimber 8TC + WBT (speakers), custom star-quad with Oyaide connectors (AC), Ferrum (DC) and Ghent (ethernet) Software dCS Mosaic | Tidal | Qobuz

I'm eager to see the release of 3.0 so that Damien can work on 3.1 networking enhancements. I'm more interested in details about 3.0 sound quality optimizations than in the MQA decoder.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

I'm eager to see the release of 3.0 so that Damien can work on 3.1 networking enhancements. I'm more interested in details about 3.0 sound quality optimizations than in the MQA decoder.

Me too, looking forward to v3 sound... i don't stream music, i have mine...

i don't have anything else then my DAC connected to A+ to bug something...

i just want the software to perform like it should.... maybe after, he could try to make more money with ROON, QUOBUZ, TIDAL, MQA or else...

but i like A+ and have no bug with it... :-)

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

I don't think this is true. We spend thousands of dollars on components and we also used to spend a lot on source material. Compared to this the price of Roon is very, very decent.

I that were true for the market as a whole for these players then A+ (and nearly all of the others), would be charging way more money.

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

Hi everybody,In the case you don't have MQA streaming used, does A+ V3 will have an interest compare to the V2.6 ?From what I understand, the V3 will replace the izotope decoder with the MQA decoder. Does the MQA decoder is better than the izotope ?Ieotope decoder has a strong reputation.I will certainly test the V3 but I am not sure this version have an interrest for me who stream music from Qobuz or use my local library.

Hi everybody,In the case you don't have MQA streaming used, does A+ V3 will have an interest compare to the V2.6 ?From what I understand, the V3 will replace the izotope decoder with the MQA decoder. Does the MQA decoder is better than the izotope ?Ieotope decoder has a strong reputation.I will certainly test the V3 but I am not sure this version have an interrest for me who stream music from Qobuz or use my local library.

In order of your questions:

- Damien has made changes with regard to sound quality. I have heard a test build and thought it was a significant improvement.

- MQA will not replace iZotope. A+ will "unfold" MQA input to whatever resolution it is supposed to be (for example, from 16/48 to 24/96). Any further sample rate conversion will be done by iZotope (and mansr's sigma-delta modulators if you convert PCM to DSD), in accordance with your settings.

- If you do not use MQA input, then sample rate conversion will be done exclusively by iZotope (and mansr's sigma-delta modulators if PCM -> DSD), in accordance with your settings.

I that were true for the market as a whole for these players then A+ (and nearly all of the others), would be charging way more money.

I hope Damien does not decide to take your pricing advice. :)

The very high price of Roon limits its growth in the market, no matter how it sounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

Obviously we have someone who is part of Roon's market, and someone who is not. :) But this is aside from A+ v3, which is what we're discussing....

Obviously we have someone who is part of Roon's market, and someone who is not. :) But this is aside from A+ v3, which is what we're discussing....

My personal interest is the best sounding solutions within a reasonable price range. My funds are also limited. The problem with these kind of discussions is that those who find something to expensive or have invested a lot of time and effort in something, automatically have the tendency to protect and defend. That is normal human behaviour. Like I said, I am a long time A+ adept and will stay with the product if it realises the best sounding solution in my chain. At the moment it is not. I am not a Roon fanboy. In fact, I am using the free 2 month trial that came with my mRendu. I am open minded and willing to learn and adjust in this very fast moving digital audio world.