IGNORED

Can This Be a Vinyl Rip?

Need some help with the spectrogram (I'm not an expert) - the track (recorded in 1968) belonging to a friend of mine is 24-192. I think I can hear a very subtle vinyl noise on it (but it also could be an old master tape in quite bad condition). Could this be a vinyl rip.?

graph1.png

graph2.png

Thanks in advance!

Hard to say without hearing it. I assume there are no audible ticks/pops? Their absence would not be definitive proof against it being a vinyl rip of course, as it could have been de-clicked at some point. More detailed analysis of the spectrogram might however reveal telltale signs of the different noise associated with vinyl vs tape (for e.g. surface rumble vs wow/flutter), and help identification of the source that way.

Vinil rip must have clicks. But, looks like, clicks was removed there. Or there was not clicks.

If it was vinyl rip, it was good processed.

AuI ConverteR 48x44 - HD audio converter/optimizer for DAC of high resolution files

ISO, DSF, DFF (1-bit/D64/128/256/512/1024), wav, flac, aiff, alac,  safe CD ripper to PCM/DSF,

Seamless Album Conversion, AIFF, WAV, FLAC, DSF metadata editor, Mac & Windows
Offline conversion save energy and nature

Need some help with the spectrogram (I'm not an expert) - the track (recorded in 1968) belonging to a friend of mine is 24-192. I think I can hear a very subtle vinyl noise on it (but it also could be an old master tape in quite bad condition). Could this be a vinyl rip.?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33582[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33583[/ATTACH]

Thanks in advance!

What was the source of the file? I can't imagine that any legitimate commercial source would sell a vinyl rip.

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile

Main System: [Synology DS216, Rpi-4b LMS (pCP)], Holo Audio Red, Ayre QX-5 Twenty, Ayre KX-5 Twenty, Ayre VX-5 Twenty, Revel Ultima Studio2, Iconoclast speaker cables & interconnects, RealTraps acoustic treatments

Living Room: Sonore ultraRendu, Ayre QB-9DSD, Simaudio MOON 340iX, B&W 802 Diamond

@progfu @audiventory @Axiom05

Thanks guys! The file was mailed to me so I had a chance to check it on my system which definitely shows it's a vinyl rip (couldn't be sure while listening to it on my friend's system). Seems that the vinyl was in a very good condition or it was declicked - one can only hear very subtle clicks and surface rumble at the begining and at the end of the track! Case closed!