IGNORED

HQPlayer Linux Desktop and HQplayer embedded

ted_b

Another thing to file under utterly trivial, I wonder if it's possible to add the snippet of <head> code that would give iOS homescreen bookmarks a fancy Signalyst icon? 

If anyone out there knows how to accomplish this simply in the css, please do share. It's a bit beyond my meagre skill level. One way I've done this in the past was running a small http server on my machine to create a sort of local homepage with custom icons but that's a bit much for this I think. 

Cheers! 

4 hours ago, arglebargle said:

Another thing to file under utterly trivial, I wonder if it's possible to add the snippet of <head> code that would give iOS homescreen bookmarks a fancy Signalyst icon? 

If anyone out there knows how to accomplish this simply in the css, please do share. It's a bit beyond my meagre skill level. One way I've done this in the past was running a small http server on my machine to create a sort of local homepage with custom icons but that's a bit much for this I think. 

Please excuse my ignorance, but what is this <head> code you are talking about? :)

The page icon works, but the icon file is not yet included in the package. Will be in next release...

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

15 minutes ago, Miska said:

Please excuse my ignorance, but what is this <head> code you are talking about? :)

The page icon works, but the icon file is not yet included in the package. Will be in next release...

I think this article from Apple's Safari content guide and a blog post example cover it. A small snippet combined with icons named specifically for iOS, resulting in a fancy icon when using "Add to homescreen" in Mobile Safari.  

@Miska I don't know if this is a bug as I rarely rearrange my components, but I noticed when using the web interface to switch from network to alsa, applying the configuration didn't append "hw:CARD" to the device name. 

So on reloading, hqplayerd.xml was setting the alsa device="AudioDOP2,DEV=0" instead of "hw:CARD=AudioDOP2,DEV=0" On my machine this caused a failure to recognize the card and required a manual restart because incorrect/unavailable output settings seem to take out the web configuration.  

Hopefully this makes sense, cheers :)

Semi-related,  the AudioDOP2  name for my iDAC2 is because I was testing the 5.2a firmware. Part of my running down that little pause glitch, which I discovered I don't get over DoP. I also don't get it running native directly from the Embedded machine. So it seems to me the culprit is something to do with the kernel etc on my Arch Linux NAA. 

I know you are busy but hoping at some point a 3.5 Cubox NAA image using your kernel will appear! 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, cat6man said:

fyi...........beta3 works great and appears pretty solid with bubbleupnp

just wondering if anything new is planned prior to release?

I think basic web configuration support for (multichannel) speaker, convolution and matrix setup. And CUDA support... And couple of small non-visible things.

But overall, from playback functionality point of view, it should be pretty much release ready.

@Miska 

Will the ability to invert absolute phase make it into the web UI? Only recently discovered its existence in Desktop so just curious :)

Everything has been humming along nicely here too. Amazing how stable it is combined with the latest networkaudio in terms of being able to shutdown components, start them up and have everything come back to life with no intervention. Same on the very rare occasions where Roon loses control of the transport, usually just pressing play again recovers it. With Stretch now officially "released" I am enjoying how little maintenance is required compared to Arch Linux.

2 hours ago, arglebargle said:

@Miska 

Will the ability to invert absolute phase make it into the web UI? Only recently discovered its existence in Desktop so just curious :)

Maybe, it is part of the volume control functionality. Volume control over web is a bit nasty thing to implement...

I need to think about how to deal with some of the controls that are now in the Desktop version's toolbar.

Not a bug report, but I wonder whether it's possible for the dropdown on the main page to "know" your settings for PCM and SDM modes? Or maybe a button that would allow for a temporary switch to PCM/SDM mode as defined in the config, but without actually changing hqplayerd.xml?

As I'm sure you know, when switching modes the dropdown menus stay in the same numeric position , but with the different order and number of filters they don't line up. 

I really don't change modes very often so this is more idle curiosity than anything. Not sure if it's possible within the constraints of the web ui. 

It's been some time so here I am again.
Anyone using Quadro P series? I have i-7700 and plan on adding P4000 for use with DSD512 and non -s filters. 
Any comments on this combo? Will P4000 run at max with this? I wonder if the fan of P4000 may become to loud if the card is ran an its max.

Vinnie Rossi LIO (AVC/Tubestage, AMP Module with built in HPF 100Hz 24dB/octave, DAC 2.0), Harbeth P3ESR, Rythmik F8

Win10 i7-7700 -> Roon -> HQPlayer DSD512- > LIO 100Hz HPF -> Harbeth P3ESR

->LIO  -> miniDSP <100Hz -> Rythmik F8  

On 23.6.2017 at 6:41 PM, mirekti said:

It's been some time so here I am again.
Anyone using Quadro P series? I have i-7700 and plan on adding P4000 for use with DSD512 and non -s filters. 
Any comments on this combo? Will P4000 run at max with this? I wonder if the fan of P4000 may become to loud if the card is ran an its max.

I wouldn't bother with P4000 until there's a proof it is any faster than GeForce...

The ASUS Strix-series GTX 1080 I have is pretty quiet and there's now a 1080Ti too. It's huge card though, so one needs to make sure it fits in the computer case.

1 hour ago, Miska said:

The ASUS Strix-series GTX 1080 I have is pretty quiet and there's now a 1080Ti too. It's huge card though, so one needs to make sure it fits in the computer case.

This is exactly one of my issues. I only have a single slot space in my modified (made a hole at the bottom and added an NF-S12A ULN to blow some air in and add a bit of airflow in the case) Steacom FC5.
I cannot hear this fan at my listening position no matter how hard I've tried (made my wife do some blind tests with PC off/on couple of times).
From what I have found/read, and if concluded well, P4000 seems to have the same chip/strength as 1070, but cannot find the data for Double precision point which I understand is quite important.

As long as P4000 would help i7-7700 (not K) and P4000 remained quite, I would be willing to pay the premium. 

Will CUDA offload use graphic card's resources at its maximum?
In case not, P4000's fan might remain quite enough. I was also considering removing the fan of P4000 and use the case's heat sink on the opposite side of the CPU's heat sink.  

I'd only use HQPlayer to upsample to DSD512 with non -2s filters. 
As of now, I am using poly-sinc-short-mp DSD128 and ASDM7 which gives me 15-20% of CPU load, and I assume i7-7700 will need some help.

Vinnie Rossi LIO (AVC/Tubestage, AMP Module with built in HPF 100Hz 24dB/octave, DAC 2.0), Harbeth P3ESR, Rythmik F8

Win10 i7-7700 -> Roon -> HQPlayer DSD512- > LIO 100Hz HPF -> Harbeth P3ESR

->LIO  -> miniDSP <100Hz -> Rythmik F8  

On 25/3/2017 at 4:49 PM, shadowlight said:

....  installation guide for HQPlayer Embedded under Debian/Ubuntu.  The guide also has configuration information on how to configure JRiver as controller.  The goal of the guide is to keep it updated ...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2cLWlF9cpc9MkQxTTVDdHJTSEk/view?usp=sharing

Hi everyone,

my aim is to have hqplayerd managed by JRiver as controller. So I followed this guide by @shadowlight but as it is the first time for me in Linux I'm stuck now ...

What I did:

1 Install Ubuntu Xenial Server (only standard system utilities and OpenSSH)

2 Update Ubuntu package to ensure having the latest version

3 Install HQPlayer embedded

- sudo  apt-get -y  install  libglib2.0-0  libflac8  libasound2  libasound2-data libgomp1

- sudo  apt-get -y  install  rygel

- wget https://www.sonarnerd.net/src/xenial/libgmpris_2.2.1-4_amd64.deb

- sudo  dpkg -i  libgmpris_2.2.14_amd64.deb

- wget https://www.signalyst.eu/bins/hqplayerd/xenial/hqplayerd_4.0.0b3-25_amd64.deb

4 Start HQPlayer

- sudo  systemctl  enable  hqplayerd.service

- sudo  systemctl  start  hqplayer

5 Reboot

Before installing JRiver as controller, how can I check that hqplayerd was correctly installed? 

Thanks for your support

Massimo

1 hour ago, mvilla said:

Hi everyone,

my aim is to have hqplayerd managed by JRiver as controller. So I followed this guide by @shadowlight but as it is the first time for me in Linux I'm stuck now ...

What I did:

1 Install Ubuntu Xenial Server (only standard system utilities and OpenSSH)

2 Update Ubuntu package to ensure having the latest version

3 Install HQPlayer embedded

- sudo  apt-get -y  install  libglib2.0-0  libflac8  libasound2  libasound2-data libgomp1

- sudo  apt-get -y  install  rygel

- wget https://www.sonarnerd.net/src/xenial/libgmpris_2.2.1-4_amd64.deb

- sudo  dpkg -i  libgmpris_2.2.14_amd64.deb

- wget https://www.signalyst.eu/bins/hqplayerd/xenial/hqplayerd_4.0.0b3-25_amd64.deb

- sudo  dpkg -i  hqplayerd_4.0.0b3-25_amd64.deb

4 Start HQPlayer

- sudo  systemctl  enable  hqplayerd.service

- sudo  systemctl  start  hqplayer

5 Reboot

Before installing JRiver as controller, how can I check that hqplayerd was correctly installed? 

Thanks for your support

Massimo

40 minutes ago, shadowlight said:

I attached the startup files in the PDF.  When I get home the tonight I will double check.  If it is missing I will upload the file.

Hi 

In your PDF there is an icon but you can't download the related file from there. 

Thanks