IGNORED

HQPlayer Linux Desktop and HQplayer embedded

ted_b

5 hours ago, shadowlight said:

@simonklp @Em2016

You have the option of just using the image provided by Miska as your base as long as you do not need CUDA support.

Images are located - https://www.signalyst.eu/bins/hqplayerd/images/

This is the low latency image right? And A pre-requisite is you still need to have Ubuntu 16.04 installed?

I was going to use this but didn’t see anything about CUDA not being supported. I do have a CUDA compatible GPU.

@Miska can you clarify the steps for a CUDA supported install of HQP Embedded?

Cheers !

Just now, Em2016 said:

This is the low latency image right?

It is with realtime kernel, even more responsive than lowlatency one.

1 minute ago, Em2016 said:

And A pre-requisite is you still need to have Ubuntu 16.04 installed?

No, it's bootable image with full OS and everything.

1 minute ago, Em2016 said:

@Miska can you clarify the steps for a CUDA supported install of HQP Embedded?

CUDA is currently only supported on Ubuntu, for various reasons.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

19 minutes ago, Miska said:

It is with realtime kernel, even more responsive than lowlatency one.

No, it's bootable image with full OS and everything.

CUDA is currently only supported on Ubuntu, for various reasons.

Thanks! 

I may try the full bootable image first and see if I can get away without CUDA (i7-7700HQ).

Just to clarify @Miska

linux-image-4.14.26-jl+_6_amd64.deb : is your custom low latency kernel, if I have Ubuntu Server 16.04 already installed and allows for CUDA support. Do I still need to install libgmpris etc, or does this custom kernel install everything needed on Ubuntu Server?

and

hqplayer-embedded-4.1.0-x64.7z : is the full bootable OS, no CUDA support, no need to have Ubuntu Server 16.04 pre-installed

?

5 minutes ago, Em2016 said:

linux-image-4.14.26-jl+_6_amd64.deb : is your custom low latency kernel, if I have Ubuntu Server 16.04 already installed and allows for CUDA support. Do I still need to install libgmpris etc, or does this custom kernel install everything needed on Ubuntu Server?

You still need everything, and also corresponding linux-headers package (if you use CUDA). My custom kernel is just optional extra.

7 minutes ago, Em2016 said:

hqplayer-embedded-4.1.0-x64.7z : is the full bootable OS, no CUDA support, no need to have Ubuntu Server 16.04 pre-installed

Exactly...

i did manage to get the image working using the standard ethernet port on my computer.

I would like to use my Jcat net card (Intel I350) with embedded HQP but I am a linux noob so have no clue how to do this

Is it possible to use the I350 network card with the image Jussi provides or should I look at something like AudioLinux? 

Any help and or suggestions appreciated

Steven 

Pink Faun Streamer —>  Pink Faun DAC --> Ayre AX5 --> Paradigm S8 

I even tried NAA for Mac and I get the attached. It seems to see the DAC and then disconnects

1512726921_ScreenShot2018-05-24at5_48_43pm.thumb.png.f8d60c422d8c7aa4e22b7ddf9f4d6404.png

This is the HQPe version I am running:

https://www.signalyst.eu/bins/hqplayerd/images/hqplayer-embedded-4.1.0-x64.7z

This is the Mac NAA version I am running:

https://www.signalyst.eu/bins/naa/mac/networkaudiod-352.zip

How do I access /tmp/hqplayerd.log so that I can email it to you?

When I go here, it keeps taking me back to the config page: http://192.168.1.46/log

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Em2016 said:

Help @Miska

I installed your x64 NAA image to USB for my LattePanda.

But HQPe is unable to see the NAA (connected to Pro-Ject S2 DAC).

Attached are screenshots:

8A4D4BDE-FFAD-4609-8470-7C896C144763.thumb.jpeg.c493f3116e1db58af3bbba0a850de69d.jpeg

298B999E-02E6-4597-8759-F83B075C20FC.thumb.jpeg.1109829b372bc5263cb86239eda7d3d7.jpeg

D95E17A8-4017-48D0-B166-EBAA0524BDC2.thumb.jpeg.55d2e5c78a252ca09d90826294ed10fc.jpeg

Final screen on the NAA:

0B8CA98F-4E92-48B9-A119-8B0CF92E5EA3.thumb.jpeg.4145d0d2e8037113422fa96842970252.jpeg

I think the BIOS is buggy (incorrect ACPI tables - quite usual) because bunch of drivers crap out at boot...

But finally it seems to come up with network. You can login with "root" and check with "aplay -l" if it sees any audio devices. And then you can check how NAA is doing with "systemctl status networkaudiod".

30 minutes ago, Miska said:

In the latest HQPE version you have "Log" link at the bottom of the page you can use to access the log... :)

But as I mentioned above,

"When I go here, it keeps taking me back to the config page: 

http://192.168.1.46/log"

32 minutes ago, Miska said:

I think the BIOS is buggy (incorrect ACPI tables - quite usual) because bunch of drivers crap out at boot...

But finally it seems to come up with network. You can login with "root" and check with "aplay -l" if it sees any audio devices. And then you can check how NAA is doing with "systemctl status networkaudiod".

Which BIOS could be buggy? The Latte Panda or Mac Air running NAA?

Or the HQPe server?

Ok putting the LattePanda aside for the moment.

Just using HQPe with NAA on Mac, the only way I get to see the list of 'Network Audio backend' devices is first switching backend to ALSA. Then I'm able to see the network audio backend devices and select. Then everything works.

Is this a bug or how it's supposed to be?

Device lists are retrieved always. However, the currently used device is reserved and always listed as just "Current".

On HQPlayer Desktop, when you enter settings dialog, playback is stopped and all devices are released. On HQPlayer Embedded this doesn't happen because it doesn't know how long you are going to stay on that web page and how you leave the page. You just load a page and then something happens later on, or doesn't...

19 minutes ago, Miska said:

Ahh, I need to make exception for that page that it lets you load it even when the player is not operational (redirects you to the config page).

Ok thanks. I was having problems with HQPe but it's all good now, so I don't need to worry about HQPe logs. HQPe with Mac NAA is working fine now.

Now I need to focus why LattePanda NAA is playing up.

After 5 minutes or so when I look at my router's connected devices, 'naa' does show up. But HQPe doesn't see the NAA and the DAC it's connected to.

14 hours ago, Miska said:

In the latest HQPE version you have "Log" link at the bottom of the page you can use to access the log... :)

Hi @Miska, I had tried the HQPlayer Embedded using the bootable image. However, I got the message of "A dependency job for hqplayerd.service failed." When I checked the log, I had found some messages related to the failed service, and took a screenshot of these messages. Could you please kindly advise what's wrong with it?

Thank you for your kind attention in advance.

20180524_225237.jpg

10 hours ago, simonklp said:

Hi @Miska, I had tried the HQPlayer Embedded using the bootable image. However, I got the message of "A dependency job for hqplayerd.service failed." When I checked the log, I had found some messages related to the failed service, and took a screenshot of these messages. Could you please kindly advise what's wrong with it?

Thank you for your kind attention in advance.

20180524_225237.jpg

Network failed to come up fully in this case. If you have multiple ethernet interfaces by default it will wait for all interfaces to come up. If all interfaces don't have cable connected or such, it will fail...

1 hour ago, Miska said:

Network failed to come up fully in this case. If you have multiple ethernet interfaces by default it will wait for all interfaces to come up. If all interfaces don't have cable connected or such, it will fail...

Hi @Miska, thank you for your kind advice. But it is strange, since I have a network fibre connected to the NIC installed on the PC.

In the past, I have noticed that sometimes when I reboot the PC instead of shut it down first before turning it on, the NIC will not be recognized by the PC. But, in this case, since the PC was freshly boot up instead of restarting it, there should not be such case of non-recognized NIC connected with network fibre.

Could you please kindly advise how to diagnose and/or solve the problem in this case?

Thank you again for your kind attention. 

Hi @Miska

See the attached 1x and Nx oversampling settings.

Is there any advantage having the Nx step as the non-2s variant? Even if not an audible advantage, but a technical/theoretical advantage? CPU difference?

Or is it the 1x 2s variant oversampling step that 'overrides' the Nx step with these settings I've used? In which case the 2s variant for both 1x and Nx would be the same as the attached settings?

Cheers!

1922141023_ScreenShot2018-05-25at10_50_53pm.thumb.png.d42a161b9640bba3c73cb24cd54fc0c9.png