IGNORED

HQPlayer Linux Desktop and HQplayer embedded

ted_b

23 hours ago, hifi25nl said:

Did you try to to put a high Max Cache Size in Bubble UPnP Settings --> Network ?

Right now the Max Cache Size is set for 500MB and I am assuming that is the default since I have not changed that.  Can you let me know what benefit changing setting will have, and should I change it to higher or lower?

1 hour ago, Miska said:

Are you guys letting BubbleUPnP App act as a proxy? That is bad idea for multiple reasons...

I do not believe I am using it as proxy, since the url that shows up in the log has my miminserver up address.  When I had Tidal I believe I was using as proxy, since that was the only way to control Tidal outside of Roon.

9 hours ago, shadowlight said:

I do not believe I am using it as proxy, since the url that shows up in the log has my miminserver up address.  When I had Tidal I believe I was using as proxy, since that was the only way to control Tidal outside of Roon.

At least it used to only proxy a redirect, not the actual stream. So it first sent URI to itself which then through HTTP response directed straight to the Tidal server.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

On 10/23/2017 at 9:43 PM, shadowlight said:

Right now the Max Cache Size is set for 500MB and I am assuming that is the default since I have not changed that.  Can you let me know what benefit changing setting will have, and should I change it to higher or lower?

On 10/23/2017 at 9:52 PM, hifi25nl said:

The first time I used Bubble UPnP some time ago, I had to make the cache higher, otherwise I had a lot of dropouts and interruptions. I don't remember the exact value.

Isn't this setting for caching a connected UPnP/DLNA media server's files for the BubbleUPnP Android app's own internal/local player?

So has nothing to do with controlling a UPnP renderer on the network, let alone proxying a stream for it.

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

On 10/21/2017 at 5:39 PM, shadowlight said:

I ran some tests today with beta 1 and beta 9.  I am having problems with both version where playback stops randomly.  I used BubbleUPnP as the remote connecting to a Minimserver to keep it consistent.  On BubbleUPnP I noticed that the line which tracks playing time does not move at all.  Could it be that some communication has gone missing between BubbleUPnP and HQPe?

I am using the latest version of NAA running on Win10 and HQPe is running under Ubuntu Xenial with Jussi's latest kernel build 4.9.56-jl+.  Previously I was using standard Xenial 4.11.9 low latency kernel with the same issue.

Any pointers on where to start looking to troubleshoot.  Previously, I was having similar issues with JRiver as controller also.

i have seen this occasionally and haven't yet had a chance to track it down.

one thing i think (??) i see is that the problem occurs more with bubbleupnp on my tablet running Marshmallow and maybe not (??) on my Pixel XL running Oreo............what are you running bubbleupnp on?

The Samsung tablet is using Nougat and with the latest update installed on it.

@Miska, couple of requests.

Can we make the rate selection under configuration similar to desktop, where it says 44.1x256, etc.  It is easier to select the correct max rate :D.  Also, anyway to fix the web interface after pressing "Apply" on the configuration page?  Not sure if it is just me but the web page that is displayed is with all the settings one after the other, instead of lining up on the screen.  Clicking on configuration fixes the issue.

Edit: One more request, this has to do with the download page.  Any chance you could create a link that points to the latest version of the hqplayerd?  I am in the process of writing script as part of the documentation which does not download the latest version, since the script has the version info hard coded.  I cannot seem to figure out getting the directory listing from the web and identifying the latest version.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/27/2017 at 2:39 PM, cat6man said:

i have seen this occasionally and haven't yet had a chance to track it down.

one thing i think (??) i see is that the problem occurs more with bubbleupnp on my tablet running Marshmallow and maybe not (??) on my Pixel XL running Oreo............what are you running bubbleupnp on?

i was getting great stability for a while, then things got very flaky (not playing entire playlists, play icon disappearing, etc).

unfortunately, i had changed many things............bubbleupnp updated, ultraRendu updated (including network audio daemon), ubuntu updates.

a couple of observations along the same lines.

1.  old nexus tablet with old android OS 'seemed' to have more problems than pixel2 with latest OS, but problem still occurred with pixel2

2.  restarting bubbleupnp did not solve problem

3.  ==> rescanning minimserver did help significantly.  i have had only one stop in last two days and previously had zero chance of playing through an album successfully.

not sure what might be going on, but some of you might want to try a re-scan of minimserver and see if that helps.

6 hours ago, shadowlight said:

I will there was equivalent to bubbleupnp that worked on a Windows laptop.  If it did I would just wire up the laptop to control, which I hope would help with potential stability issues.

Also, is there a way to to restart Minimserver after your system has rebooted and rescan your library?  

go to 192.168.1.xxx:9790 [i.e. whatever your ip running minimserver is) and you can re-scan.........nor sure about restarting, but re-scan was sufficient here (at least once :) )

13 hours ago, cat6man said:

go to 192.168.1.xxx:9790 [i.e. whatever your ip running minimserver is) and you can re-scan.........nor sure about restarting, but re-scan was sufficient here (at least once :) )

I think I have my minimserver startup configured wrong.  I will have to figure out why it does not start up when the system reboots.  I just hope that it runs as a service and does not require me to logging in before it starts.

the best way to maintain/set-up minimserver is by installing minimwatch on your local machine -- it'll find minimserver and provide access to all the available options.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100

another clue:

the problem started again today.......another symptom is a long 5-7 second wait before a new playlist starts playing music, then only played first song in playlist.

this time i did not restart minimserver.

i went into bubbleupnp, cleared the playlist,  changed render to local and library to another location.

then i just switched back to to hqpe for renderer and back to my regular music library.

loaded a new playlist and running fine right now, and playlist started to play after only about 1 second.

something getting messed up in bubbleupnp?

how do we check what is going on?

2 hours ago, shadowlight said:

I think I have my minimserver startup configured wrong.  I will have to figure out why it does not start up when the system reboots.  I just hope that it runs as a service and does not require me to logging in before it starts.

one problem i've seen is that i seem to break minimserver whenever i update it.

1 hour ago, cat6man said:

another clue:

the problem started again today.......another symptom is a long 5-7 second wait before a new playlist starts playing music, then only played first song in playlist.

something getting messed up in bubbleupnp?

how do we check what is going on?

Yep, that happens to me often and few minutes later it goes away.  I have yet to figure out what is going on.  I am going to install openhome and see if i have similar problems.

22 minutes ago, shadowlight said:

Yep, I have it on my system but if minimserver is not running minimwatch is not going to help much.

very true.

are you using a windows pc?  if so, just add a shortcut for minimserver to the startup folder.

edit:  seems like you're running minimserver on win server 2012 -- i think the same applies.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100

Slightly related but bit OT.

I want to create image of my existing HQPe setup which in total is using about 12gb of disk space, but the disk that I have it installed is 256GB.  If I use "dd" to clone I will end up with 256GB image file.  The question is how do I go about creating the image file so I can install it on either a 16GB or 32GB USB/microsd card.

The goal is to make the image available minus the licensing information.

Hi Jussi and all you Linux HQPE-pioneers :D

I have been reading up on all stuff related to HQP Embedded for a while. However, I still haven't found an answer to my question, so here it comes...

Would it be possible to install the SqueezeLite software on the Linux machine also running HQP Embedded and route its output through the HQPE software? Essentially making a Squeezebox endpoint with advanced upsampling etc.

This way I could keep my existing LMS infrastructure with 50.000+ mostly Flac-files and all it's metadata sorted specially for the LMS-server. Building this music collection have taken me literally many hundreds of hours...

There are also many really fine remote apps for both iOS and Android available.

I haven't really understood if the HQPE appears as a soundcard/DAC in Alsamixer or how the routing of the signals between potentially ADC's, HQPE and DAC's works. Could one of you guys please enlighten me here?

...and a special thank you very much to Shadowlight for the fine HQPE guide ??? If it turns out that the SqueezeLite solution should indeed work, I think I could succesfully go through the Linux installation, using the guide.

Regards

Martin Roerup, Denmark.

1 hour ago, mroerup said:

Hi Jussi and all you Linux HQPE-pioneers :D

I have been reading up on all stuff related to HQP Embedded for a while. However, I still haven't found an answer to my question, so here it comes...

Would it be possible to install the SqueezeLite software on the Linux machine also running HQP Embedded and route its output through the HQPE software? Essentially making a Squeezebox endpoint with advanced upsampling etc.

This way I could keep my existing LMS infrastructure with 50.000+ mostly Flac-files and all it's metadata sorted specially for the LMS-server. Building this music collection have taken me literally many hundreds of hours...

There are also many really fine remote apps for both iOS and Android available.

I haven't really understood if the HQPE appears as a soundcard/DAC in Alsamixer or how the routing of the signals between potentially ADC's, HQPE and DAC's works. Could one of you guys please enlighten me here?

...and a special thank you very much to Shadowlight for the fine HQPE guide ??? If it turns out that the SqueezeLite solution should indeed work, I think I could succesfully go through the Linux installation, using the guide.

Regards

Martin Roerup, Denmark.

For proper work with SqueezeLite one would need a special developed plugin.

As a matter of fact, I am working at it with a developer friend of mine and George from Sound Galleries.

HQPE is not seen as a soundcard. It can work as a UPnP render supporting standard MPRIS player control API, but it normally responds to HQPlayer Control API. 

2 hours ago, mroerup said:

You can configure an ALSA inputs as inputs to HQPE. This way you can use for example either ADC or digital inputs (S/PDIF or AES/EBU) as sources for HQPE.

See readme.txt documentation for "input" element in the configuration file. Some of the configuration aspects are still missing from the web interface and need to be done manually by editing the configuration file.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers