IGNORED

iGalvanic 3.0 - More info wanted

I saw this headline at PhileWeb Japan today. Japanese magazines usually state price and release date where they know, but haven't here.

Apart from the captain obvious function to galvanically isolate USB from the host to the DAC, does it also work on the signal integrity or some other fix we need to know about at the same time?

What power supply does the iGalvanic 3.0 use, the same (style) wall wart for the remainder of the series? The device looks like a nano family. Could the technology be incorporated in the iUSB3.0 if there is space.

Finally, how many kV can it withstand before it breaks the barrier between input and output?

Is it USB2.0 UAC compliant? Do we expect dropouts? How does the handshaking work between the host and the DAC?

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

I saw this headline at PhileWeb Japan today. Japanese magazines usually state price and release date where they know, but haven't here.

Apart from the captain obvious function to galvanically isolate USB from the host to the DAC, does it also work on the signal integrity or some other fix we need to know about at the same time?

What power supply does the iGalvanic 3.0 use, the same (style) wall wart for the remainder of the series? The device looks like a nano family. Could the technology be incorporated in the iUSB3.0 if there is space.

Finally, how many kV can it withstand before it breaks the barrier between input and output?

Is it USB2.0 UAC compliant? Do we expect dropouts? How does the handshaking work between the host and the DAC?

Hi,

nano iGalvanic logo.png

We have had to await confirmation from another dept but we are now very pleased to confirm the global launch date of mid-April. It will be the very first and only audiophile-grade galvanic isolation device on USB3.0.

There is a very good reason why it will be the only one....because galvanic isolation on USB2.0 alone is problematic but we are pleased as punch that our Skunkworks has managed to solve this issue and on USB3.0 too. We will update the features as soon as we can.

We're excited!

SKUNKZ-916x1024.png

Our PowerStation is here: click me!

Check out our Tidal MQA Set-up Guides below. 
Android (Renderer) Mobile
Desktop (Decoder) via USB
Desktop (Decoder) via SPDIF

Very nice @AMR/iFi audio

@One and a half asked really good questions up there.

I hope all those questions can get answered, when the time is right of course !

Cheers guys

We are waiting on info from R&D. A lot will be revealed in due course!

There are so many USB isolation products offered by your company. How does one choose the right one?

Our products oftentimes address very precise issues, be it proper USB (iUSB3.0 micro/nano), noise reduction (iSilencer) or galvanic isolation (upcoming iGalvanic3.0). Yet most of them were designed to be complementary. Computer audio systems vary. For example from no ground to one ground to multiple grounds. We are best diagnosing each specific system first. As the iDefender subtracts one ground for systems with multiple grounds. Please tell us what you need and we'll do our best to help.

Hey iFi Team, I REALLY need you to release this and take my money :-)

At least release some details on dates, technical features, price :-(

Lol, I know you're hard at work on it. Can't wait :-)

Easy Tiger :)

Please have a look here:

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f30-abbingdon-music-research-ifi-audio-sponsored/next-ifi-audio-new-product-launch-holy-grail-audio-31885/#post644352

Our products oftentimes address very precise issues, be it proper USB (iUSB3.0 micro/nano), noise reduction (iSilencer) or galvanic isolation (upcoming iGalvanic3.0). Yet most of them were designed to be complementary. Computer audio systems vary. For example from no ground to one ground to multiple grounds. We are best diagnosing each specific system first. As the iDefender subtracts one ground for systems with multiple grounds. Please tell us what you need and we'll do our best to help.

My current is setup is quite simple. Microrendu powered by LPS-1 connected to DAC. Which product from your company will further enhance the setup?

Hi,

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33632[/ATTACH]

We have had to await confirmation from another dept but we are now very pleased to confirm the global launch date of mid-April. It will be the very first and only audiophile-grade galvanic isolation device on USB3.0.

There is a very good reason why it will be the only one....because galvanic isolation on USB2.0 alone is problematic but we are pleased as punch that our Skunkworks has managed to solve this issue and on USB3.0 too. We will update the features as soon as we can.

We're excited!

Thanks AMR for the reply. If mid April is anticipated launch time, guess 90% of the fabrication is completed, the other 10% takes 80% effort to finalise.

I rather go for a single box, than a chain of boxes, but progressive noise reduction like the iSilencer sets the stage for a cleaner signal, much like multi stage filtering, no single device can do it all.... Add iSilencer ahead of the iGalvanic3.0 or behind (?) and both powered from an isolated PSU will prevent leaks back through the AC power and couple to the DAC via a back door.

What's the recommendation for the iSilencer upstream or downstream of the iGalvanic3.0?

I'll check out the other thread.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA