IGNORED

HIGHRESAUDIO to stop offering MQA......

From HIGHRESAUDIO's Facebook page:

Breaking News: HIGHRESAUDIO to stop offering MQA. Proprietary system solutions and licensing models aren't what customers want. MQA is NOT lossless, the original signal is never recovered, estimate to recover at most 17bits (reduces the sampling rate), reduces the frequency range, SNR reduced by 3bit, aliasing with artifacts at 18kHz. MQA encoding filters manipulate drastically the original source. No analysis tools are available to verify the encoded MQA content. Therefore no quality control is possible. highresaudio.com stands for offering purity, original mastering source, none manipulated, tweaked or up-sampled content and codecs that are widely supported and offer use of freedom.

"We hope that MQA will adjust all the above issues. We are truly disappointed, the way MQA has progressed in the past year. We have been mislead and blinded by trust and promises."

Stereo Source: Auralic Aries + Mytek Brooklyn DAC+

Surround Source: Windows PC

Pre-amp: Mark Levinson ML380s, Anthem D2v

Speakers: ATC SCM50A (L/R/C), C4 (Sub), SCM20-2A (LR,RR)

Breaking News: HIGHRESAUDIO to stop offering MQA. Proprietary system solutions and licensing models aren't what customers want. MQA is NOT lossless, the original signal is never recovered, estimate to recover at most 17bits (reduces the sampling rate), reduces the frequency range, SNR reduced by 3bit, aliasing with artifacts at 18kHz. MQA encoding filters manipulate drastically the original source. No analysis tools are available to verify the encoded MQA content. Therefore no quality control is possible. highresaudio.com stands for offering purity, original mastering source, none manipulated, tweaked or up-sampled content and codecs that are widely supported and offer use of freedom.

"We hope that MQA will adjust all the above issues. We are truly disappointed, the way MQA has progressed in the past year. We have been mislead and blinded by trust and promises."

Who is highresaudio?

David

Well, I cannot read Facebook but MQA is still listed on their website.

Hmmm...interesting - the "Breaking News" item has now been removed from their facebook page !!!! Possible hack ?

It was also tweeted - https://twitter.com/HIGHRESAUDIO/status/834026080885473280

So there is hope not to see MQA becoming the market standard.

Well, I cannot read Facebook but MQA is still listed on their website.

Yep, I went to their Facebook page (at least the horrible pop-up infested garbage they offer non-facebook users such as myself) and the only mention of MQA you can find is special discounting on certain MQA downloads. Probably a hoax.

What about all this paul_riordan, you appear to have done a driveby...

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

Yep, I went to their Facebook page (at least the horrible pop-up infested garbage they offer non-facebook users such as myself) and the only mention of MQA you can find is special discounting on certain MQA downloads. Probably a hoax.

What about all this paul_riordan, you appear to have done a driveby...

I was only highlighting what I saw on their Facebook page (and Twitter) - their update is still there on Twitter but the link to the Facebook update now does not work !!! As I said above this could be a hack !!!

Hard to think of much that is better calculated to get highresaudio to *not* pay attention when people start wanting to speak with them about MQA.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Gee this is a tough one Warner Music and Universal or HIRESAUDIO, hmmm who should I trust??? I think I;ll go with the two biggest music companies in the world, sory HIRESAUDIO, BTW, you don't mind that demand for DSD will fall off the face of the earth once MQA piles on right?

Gee this is a tough one Warner Music and Universal or HIRESAUDIO, hmmm who should I trust??? I think I;ll go with the two biggest music companies in the world, sory HIRESAUDIO, BTW, you don't mind that demand for DSD will fall off the face of the earth once MQA piles on right?

It makes no sense to compare Warner and Universal (editors of music and owners of the music) with an online retailer...who apparently were misled by MQA on a number of important factors.

You instead should be thankful that a retailer is worried about how to control the quality of what is being sold...others just don't care and just sell what is being dropped on their sites.

The great jumps in quality (almost) never come from the big companies.

In Hi-end all major players come from small companies, sometimes from the effort of single people, sometimes from the join forces of small team of experts.

Why should we trust the bigger companies that have mainly eyes on profit? Which in music means recycling: Re-pack, re-format, resell, re-brand, the same music, over and over again.

Sometime in the future I want to try DSD...

in my opinion -- since this whole thread was started based on fake news, it should be locked.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100