IGNORED

Mytek customer support unimpressive

I have the DSD192 stereo DAC from 3-4 yeas ago and it has started to dysfunction recently. Problem is dropped signal, like the digital connection is lost or poor, with cracklings sound, up to loss of one or both channels. I have 100% eliminated the audio sources as a problem, and in addition, the problem is intermittent. I have been emailing with Mytek tech support, but it takes them literally 10 days to respond to each of my answers to their questions. So we have been going back and forth for two months now exchanging trivial information like"did I upgrade to the most recent firmware" and so on.

Finally after not hearing for 16 days, I asked if they ever intended to do something to which they asked me to ship my unit to ... Poland. I find this to be pretty weak after all the time wasted. Frankly, they should have an office in the US that handles at least the international shipping. Anyways, I'm wondering if others have had similar experience because when I am ready to upgrade to a higher level DAC I would tend to stay away from Mytek based on what has been a bad customer support experience.

Their Pre purchase support wasn't any better when I inquired a couple months back. Needless to say I didn't purchase for that exact reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

Wow- sorry to hear that. From my personal experience, I can highly recommend Metric Halo and Exasound for great sounding DACs and superior customer service :)

Dedicated 20A>>MacBook PRO Core i7>Decibel>Metric Halo LIO8(firewire) or Exasound e28(usb)>RedCo Mogami Multi Channel Snake Balanced Interconnect Cables via DB25 Neutrik Balanced Connectors 3 pin Male XLR-Blk/Gold or BJC RCA Cables

Dedicated 20A>>Dual APC LineVoltageRegulators 1200Wx2>>McCormack DNA 1 DLX mono blocks>Mogami W3104 bi-wire>Aerial 10T v2 Mounted to SoundAnchor Stands+Spikes

Separate 20A>>Dual HSU Research 10 inch Subwoofers

I was considering buying 3 Myteks to set up a multichannel system: one Manhattan and two Brooklyn. Left three phone messages and sent three emails.

No response.

Verrry impressive.

Nice job Mytek!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Computer Audiophile mobile app

I was considering to upgrade from Brooklyn to Manhattan 2, I am looking somewhere else now

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

>I have the DSD192 stereo DAC from 3-4 ....

Hello J20056

This is Michal at Mytek office in Brooklyn. Sorry for this experience. I'm the main person in charge in the US and will try to help you resolve this quickly.

I apologize if we weren't able to respond quickly or may have missed some inquiries or phone calls. The last two months were particularly challenging for us as we just completed 3 trade shows in a month (CES, NAMM and Canjam) and launched a new product, Clef. I myself was 10 times on a plane in January. All this coincided with Tidal launching MQA and with Brooklyn being today the only practical good sounding DAC with MQA decoder we were slammed by both Brooklyn sales and technical and MQA inquiries.

We are now back and catching up , hopefully being more responsive.

The system you have used, OS ticket is our main tech support system threaded system manned by Slawomir in Poland, our EU office. In addition some people email our main email hifi aaatt mytekdigital.com which is generally answered by US offices. There is also a tel nr in Brooklyn. I'd say if someone doesn't get through the first time, try again or call, you will be taken care off.

As for your particular case, from the context I'd guess, Slawomir misread your location (thinking you are in EU where shipping to Poland is easy, fast and cheap- no borders), typically he will ask inquiries from US to deal with our office here. It sounds like your unit is broken and can be repaired, please email me at the above email (hifi@) and we'll issue an RMA where you can send the unit to Brooklyn. Given the circumstances, I'd offer a free repair in this particular case.

Best Regards, Michal at Mytek New York

I was considering buying 3 Myteks to set up a multichannel system: one Manhattan and two Brooklyn. Left three phone messages and sent three emails.

Hi JJkale- do you mind sending the email again?- I just searched email inbox for the last 2 months of content and did not find yours. We use gmail with its spam control and have found this to be sometimes a world_first_mqa_5.1_playback_Mytek_at_Mcgill_Jan_2017_IMG_0033.jpgproblem with some email not getting to us sometimes.

Yes Manhattan and two Brooklyn is a great surround setup- I don't know of any other setup that will play surround DSD SACD and surround MQA files with such fidelity.

Best, Michal at Mytek

Search for an email with this information:

[email protected]

date: Tue, Dec 6, 2016 at 2:41 PM

subject: Manhattan/Brooklyn

And there were the phone messages I left as well. Did they get spammed?

But, I have long passed on Mytek.

I acquired three of the new Gustard 9028Pro dacs, and will use both the Vanity HD board and the PinkFaun i2S mch bridge card to support multichannel. The Gustards are modded by Ric at EVS.

Best wishes, the competition is fierce!

jjk

Hi Steve

Yes, now that you quoted the email detail I did find the email in the storeus mailbox. This is separate from the main hifi@, manned by the person running store- sorry it fell through the cracks

Looked at Gustard- the sample accurate clock sync between the units is critical for phase accurate surround playback. With Mytek DACs it's achieved via word clock sync, most consumer DACs don't have that, I guess the mentioned mod is meant to address the sync?

Good luck with the setup. Best Regards, Michal

Just to bring some balance to this thread, I have nothing but good things to say about Mytek customer support. Quick answers to enquiries and very helpful (for example they swapped the S/Pdif cable for the AES/EBU cable in their "Christmas Bundle" on my request). Unit delivered promptly as well.

Just to bring some balance to this thread, I have nothing but good things to say about Mytek customer support. Quick answers to enquiries and very helpful (for example they swapped the S/Pdif cable for the AES/EBU cable in their "Christmas Bundle" on my request). Unit delivered promptly as well.

+1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had success in the past calling the Brooklyn number. I also found that emailing them directly worked better than the online form; the form often was ignored, direct email wasn't.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Hi Steve

Yes, now that you quoted the email detail I did find the email in the storeus mailbox. This is separate from the main hifi@, manned by the person running store- sorry it fell through the cracks

Looked at Gustard- the sample accurate clock sync between the units is critical for phase accurate surround playback. With Mytek DACs it's achieved via word clock sync, most consumer DACs don't have that, I guess the mentioned mod is meant to address the sync?

Good luck with the setup. Best Regards, Michal

Thanks and best wishes to Mytek as well.

Sync is achieved through either a Vanity HD board mounted in an Oppo 103D (SPDIF) or the PinkFaun mch bridge card (i2S). The bridge card has a modded OCXO clock. The motherboard in the PinkFaun streamer also has an OCXO clock. The individual Gustard clocks are modded as well, but do not affect sync.

jjk

Speaking from my recent purchase of Brooklyn in December last year, I am disappointed to say their after sale support quality is a far cry from the quality of the product itself. This is a real pity.

I was after the Roon coupon that was part of the package. I used the ticket system to enquire about it. It took a few days to acknowledge my issue, then weeks before it was resolved.

I like my Brooklyn. But I hope Mytek can pull up their sock on their support quality.

PowerConditioning: PS Audio UPC-200; Hdplex 300W

Server: Windows 2019-CORE+AO3+Jriver24/HQPlayer 

Source: Mytek Brooklyn Amp: Audio-GD C501, AVA Set 120

Speakers: Spendor SP2, Tannoy Saturn S10

Desktop: W10+Topping D90+Stax  SRS3100

Mytek responded professionally which we must respect. My goal was not to discredit the brand, and CERTAINLY not to allow ill-intended people to use this as a marketing platform to promote their own products. I'm lucky that my sound room had a backup system so I'm not crippled. I am taking this up with the US support team. And to me, the DSD 192 DAC is a fabulous product, so I would look to upgrade with the next Mytek product, Brooklyn, if I had a budget for it. So no bad feelings at this point.

• 3 weeks later...

Michal,

Sorry to have to do this again but I emailed you at the address you suggested above on Feb 25th. I have not heard anything back. I have a series of recording sessions in my studio coming up early April and at this point, I worry that I will not have a proper monitoring system. I am happy to drive to Brooklyn and drop of the unit or whatever else, but we need to engage please.

Regards

From my personal experience, I can highly recommend Metric Halo and Exasound for great sounding DACs and superior customer service :)

+1. exaSound and Metric Halo are extremely responsive.

After I bought my exaSound e32, George responded within 24 hours to my questions regarding the exaSound Dashboard menulet and infrared remote control of volume. Most impressively, I was still running OS X 10.9 at that time, and within 24 hours he sent me a revised version of the Dashboard for 10.9. (The public version requires OS X 10.11 or 10.12.)

HQPlayer (on 3.8 GHz 8-core i7 iMac 2020) > NAA (on 2012 Mac Mini i7) > RME ADI-2 v2 > Benchmark AHB-2 > Thiel 3.7

Michal,

Sorry to have to do this again but I emailed you at the address you suggested above on Feb 25th. I have not heard anything back. I have a series of recording sessions in my studio coming up early April and at this point, I worry that I will not have a proper monitoring system. I am happy to drive to Brooklyn and drop of the unit or whatever else, but we need to engage please.

Regards

@mytek -- just to make sure you guys see this.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100
@mytek -- just to make sure you guys see this.

Are you Philippe Hatstadt <phatstadt(at)mac.com>?

Sorry, but this thread at this point has become problematic for us.

We have emailed you multiple times (from gmail servers) , yet it appears that for some reason you are not receiving our emails.

Actually the original complaint in this thread is related to to same: we sent emails and apparently you have not received them.

So, I hope that before you post publicly here again, you look into fixing your email and if this doesn't work please please pick up the phone and call me at 347-384 2687.

We are not doing any service to anybody in this forum by trying to sort out this type of stuff publicly.

Thanks for understanding , Michal at Mytek New York

here is the email in question, I resent it today in the morning before this post- did you get it?:

Begin forwarded message:

Subject: Fwd: [#869312] No sound output

Date: March 5, 2017 at 11:55:26 AM EST

To: Philippe Hatstadt <phatstadt(at)mac.com>

Cc: Sławomir Rybarczyk

Hi Phillipe

I sent below a while ago- wondering if you are getting all our emails. Maybe the whole confusion is caused by this (spam folder?)

Thx Michal

Begin forwarded message:

Subject: Re: [#869312] No sound output

Date: February 15, 2017 at 9:46:05 PM EST

Hi Philippe

Please send it for repair to:

RMA021417-1

Mytek

148 India Str 1 Fl

Brooklyn, NY 11222

Thx! M

Are you Philippe Hatstadt <phatstadt(at)mac.com>?

Sorry, but this thread at this point has become problematic for us.

We have emailed you multiple times (from gmail servers) , yet it appears that for some reason you are not receiving our emails.

Actually the original complaint in this thread is related to to same: we sent emails and apparently you have not received them.

So, I hope that before you post publicly here again, you look into fixing your email and if this doesn't work please please pick up the phone and call me at 347-384 2687.

We are not doing any service to anybody in this forum by trying to sort out this type of stuff publicly.

Thanks for understanding , Michal at Mytek New York

here is the email in question, I resent it today in the morning before this post- did you get it?:

Begin forwarded message:

Subject: Fwd: [#869312] No sound output

Date: March 5, 2017 at 11:55:26 AM EST

Hi Phillipe

I sent below a while ago- wondering if you are getting all our emails. Maybe the whole confusion is caused by this (spam folder?)

Thx Michal

Begin forwarded message:

Subject: Re: [#869312] No sound output

Date: February 15, 2017 at 9:46:05 PM EST

Hi Philippe

Please send it for repair to:

RMA021417-1

Mytek

148 India Str 1 Fl

Brooklyn, NY 11222

Thx! M

@j20056 - can you guys sync up? See the post above.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100