IGNORED

Article: Roon 1.3 Major Update Coming Today

Feature additions are fecking amazing.

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

will my i5 sonic transporter support the new features? tks

Sent from my SM-G925I using Computer Audiophile mobile app

Jensen VRD-iFF>Router>Rj45>opticalModule>
SFP>Buffalo2016>SFP>opticalModule >Rj45>

IZen Mk3>Rj45> Delock62619>Rj45>
etherRegen (Master Clock+ Mini-Circuits BLP)>SFP>opticalRendu>USB>IsoRegen>

USB>Phoenix>USB>OPPO 205 (Modded)>HMS “the Perfect Match”>Proac Tablette Reference 8 Signature.

OMG, I'm so excited....

I think I just pee'd a little.

Jay

Ewww!!!

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

system pics

Oh cmon guys! Software of this quality is hard work. $500 for life is nothing.

system pics

I am sorry miguelito but I am not sure how many years I still have... so, a more reasonably price would be more than welcome :-)

Sent from my SM-G925I using Computer Audiophile mobile app

Jensen VRD-iFF>Router>Rj45>opticalModule>
SFP>Buffalo2016>SFP>opticalModule >Rj45>

IZen Mk3>Rj45> Delock62619>Rj45>
etherRegen (Master Clock+ Mini-Circuits BLP)>SFP>opticalRendu>USB>IsoRegen>

USB>Phoenix>USB>OPPO 205 (Modded)>HMS “the Perfect Match”>Proac Tablette Reference 8 Signature.

I am not sure how many years I still have... so, a more reasonably price would be more than welcome :-)

How about a discount equal to your age? Only problem is that Roon would get sued for age discrimination. ;-))

More seriously, any thoughts yet on how 1.3 may affect the interaction with HQPlayer?

Synology NAS>i7-6700/32GB/NVIDIA QUADRO P4000 Win10>Qobuz+Tidal>Roon>HQPlayer>DSD512> Fiber Switch>Ultrarendu (NAA)>Holo Audio May KTE DAC> Bryston SP3 pre>Levinson No. 432 amps>Magnepan (MG20.1x2, CCR and MMC2x6)

More seriously, any thoughts yet on how 1.3 may affect the interaction with HQPlayer?

Possibly a small discount will push all the NUTCASES here over the edge and number will compensate for lower price...

My understanding is HQP integration is NOT affected. I don't know (yet) if this means that when you engage the upsampling and DSP engines the HQP integration is turned off but I really doubt it. If you're crazy enough to upsample in Roon and then reupsample in HQP, then I suppose you can knock yourself out... :)

Also keep in mind that HQP acts after the endpoint as opposed to upsampling/DSP which happens in the core prior to routing to the endpoint over RAAT. So I am fairly certain you can use both - will try.

system pics

... so, does v1.3 allow Tidal content to be software unfolded (at least to 24/96, like Tidal's own desktop application)? No mention of, what is to many, and important issue has me a little concerned, though that doesn't mean it's not baked in. As a JRMC user who's been on the fence with Roon for a while due to its high (I'm not necessarily saying unjustified, just high) price, this feature could be just the thing to get me to finally pull the trigger (esp. given my non-MQA-enabled DAC).

Roon --> ultraRendu/Uptone LPS-1 --> Kii CONTROL --> Kii THREE active speakers (everything on Black Ravioli bases and footers)

Also keep in mind that HQP acts after the endpoint as opposed to upsampling/DSP which happens in the core prior to routing to the endpoint over RAAT. So I am fairly certain you can use both - will try.

Interestingly, I would expect that those using NUC/NAS-based cores will find that they cannot upsample to DSD256 in Roon (not enough compute power) and would have to fall back to upsampling in HQP at the endpoint.

system pics

... so, does v1.3 allow Tidal content to be software unfolded (at least to 24/96, like Tidal's own desktop application)? No mention of, what is to many, and important issue has me a little concerned, though that doesn't mean it's not baked in. As a JRMC user who's been on the fence with Roon for a while due to its high (I'm not necessarily saying unjustified, just high) price, this feature could be just the thing to get me to finally pull the trigger (esp. given my non-MQA-enabled DAC).

Roon --> ultraRendu/Uptone LPS-1 --> Kii CONTROL --> Kii THREE active speakers (everything on Black Ravioli bases and footers)

Not sure why those using HQP would even think of using any DSP/upsampling in Roon. Otherwise, why use HQP? If the idea is to compare, then ok, but not both. If Roon wins out, drop HQP (unlikely but the logical end to this argument)

Where is the link to download 1.3?

Thanks,

Not sure why those using HQP would even think of using any DSP/upsampling in Roon. Otherwise, why use HQP? If the idea is to compare, then ok, but not both. If Roon wins out, drop HQP (unlikely but the logical end to this argument)

No software decoding yet.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Just find it annoying they make the announcement before the software is online for download. Why not wait till we can actually download/update?

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Downloading 1.3 build 192 in this moment

Hackintosh I7 16GB Ram, Roon, HQPlayer, Drobo 8 TB NAS, Raspberry Pi 3 NAA, Gustard X20 ES 9018 Xmos, Audio GD C39 Preamp, The First ONE DIY Amp, Monitor Audio GS20 Speakers, Monitor Audio RSW12 Subwoofer, PI Audio MagikBuss filter.